Predictions?

Mach_9

I just thought it would be fun to get everyone's predictions for the finish of the Eastern and Western conference this year. Just list your picks in order, or feel free to explain why you feel the teams will finish in that order. I'd love to see the Sabres on top, but realistically I think it will look something like this:

Eastern Conference

------------

Montreal

New Jersey

Buffalo

Carolina

Philadelphia

Ottawa

New York (Rangers)

Atlanta

------------

Florida

Tampa Bay

Boston

Pittsburgh

Toronto

New York (Islanders)

Washington

Western Conference

-------------

Anaheim

Dallas

Minnesota

San Jose

Calgary

Detroit

Nashville

Los Angeles

--------------

Colorado

Edmonton

Phoenix

Vancouver

Columbus

Chicago

St. Louis

Just my opinions. Share yours. :P

This topic was moved from the NHL jersey discussion to Hot Stove Report. We would like to keep the jersey discussion areas limited to just that.... jerseys! Thanks!

This topic was moved from the NHL jersey discussion to Hot Stove Report. We would like to keep the jersey discussion areas limited to just that.... jerseys! Thanks!

Yeah - I saw that and immediately realized it said NHL Jersey Discussion. I had misread and thought it said NHL Discussion. Not a big deal at all.

Yeah - I saw that and immediately realized it said NHL Jersey Discussion. I had misread and thought it said NHL Discussion. Not a big deal at all.

No problem... just some housecleaning!

No problem... just some housecleaning!

Gotcha. No predictions? :P

Gotcha. No predictions? :P

That will take a bit of time and thought... I'll get them up a bit later (I hope). In the meantime, as a Habs fan, I am happy to see you picking them to finish first in the east, but I realistically think they will be in a dogfight for the last few playoff spots as usual. I also think your Sabres look very powerful this year, and they are probably my favorite for first in the east!

That will take a bit of time and thought... I'll get them up a bit later (I hope). In the meantime, as a Habs fan, I am happy to see you picking them to finish first in the east, but I realistically think they will be in a dogfight for the last few playoff spots as usual. I also think your Sabres look very powerful this year, and they are probably my favorite for first in the east!

I have this feeling the Habs are going to have a tremendous finish this year. In fact, on our Sabres message boards, we're all trying to guess when the winning streak will end for us, and the majority think it will come the next time we face you guys. I don't know - Montreal will certainly need to sort a few things out, but Huet proved he can be scarily good last season and I like the move to put Ninnima on the roster. Latendresse looks good too. I like the Habs (I think most Sabres fans do) and I wouldn't have a problem seeing them provide top competition against my team this year.

I have this feeling the Habs are going to have a tremendous finish this year. In fact, on our Sabres message boards, we're all trying to guess when the winning streak will end for us, and the majority think it will come the next time we face you guys. I don't know - Montreal will certainly need to sort a few things out, but Huet proved he can be scarily good last season and I like the move to put Ninnima on the roster. Latendresse looks good too. I like the Habs (I think most Sabres fans do) and I wouldn't have a problem seeing them provide top competition against my team this year.

Still no predictions?

::sigh::

I fail at starting a good topic.

Well I won't break down both conferences completely. But for the West I believe it will be the Sharks on top, followed by Detroit, and then either Minnesota or Edmonton (gutsy I know).

For the East, not sure. Definitely Buffalo on top. Then perhaps New Jersey but I think Atlanta will win their division and be in the top 3 for the conference. See what happens.

Well I won't break down both conferences completely. But for the West I believe it will be the Sharks on top, followed by Detroit, and then either Minnesota or Edmonton (gutsy I know).

For the East, not sure. Definitely Buffalo on top. Then perhaps New Jersey but I think Atlanta will win their division and be in the top 3 for the conference. See what happens.

Hmm. See - I tried to be as realistic as possible with my predictions and only place a few teams according to feelings (like I just have a feeling Montreal will do well), but I'd love to see Atlanta do that well. I think they've been improving a lot lately and it was kind of heart breaking that they fell short by so little last season. I don't know about Edmonton though. They've got a lot of heart on that team so we shall see.

It's funny. I hate it when the summer rolls around and hockey isn't being played, but when the season is in session I want to so badly to see how it will end and also, to get to the playoffs and all of that atmosphere. It makes no sense. :huh:

I love hockey more when it's snowing, like today for example we got our first true snowfall. Feels like winter, feels like hockey season, and reminds me of being the kid playing street hockey or skating on the pond.

Thoughts on Montreal...man I just don't see it happening sorry. I'm not the Dalai Lama but I don't think they have good chemistry. Talent is there I can agree with that though.

I love hockey more when it's snowing, like today for example we got our first true snowfall. Feels like winter, feels like hockey season, and reminds me of being the kid playing street hockey or skating on the pond.

Thoughts on Montreal...man I just don't see it happening sorry. I'm not the Dalai Lama but I don't think they have good chemistry. Talent is there I can agree with that though.

Yeah - I don't see them winning in the playoffs or anything. I just see them having a big finish in the East. I love hockey all year round. I still play roller hockey with my kids (who are out of college) and I still play beer league and pick up hockey at the local rinks. When we first met, and had been dating for a few years, my wife actually learned, on her own accord, to play goalie so that she could enjoy my hobby. It was then that I knew she was the one...

Heh, I'm just kidding. We've been married a long time, for plenty of good reasons, but I did think it was pretty incredible that she was willing to do that. I never asked her to, or suggested she should, but I helped her when she showed determination. She had the agility for it at least (she was a gymnast before we met), but she was never big enough to really pick it up. Still, there's nothing quite like deciding whose paying for dinner based on a lunch time shootout.

One way or the other, it's not snowing here yet, but it's getting cold. I can't wait for the first snow.

...and back on topic... maybe Montreal will surprise everyone and I'll prove to have unknown psychic abilities... maybe I'm way out in left field here. Who knows?

The Sabres look really strong this year in the East, Habs are surprising everyone too, we'll see if they can keep it up. I think the Ducks, Sharks and Wild all have legitimate shots of making it to the finals from the West. Also those Stars are a surprise team so far, listening to all the hockey talk shows how they wouldn't do well this year.

The Sabres look really strong this year in the East, Habs are surprising everyone too, we'll see if they can keep it up. I think the Ducks, Sharks and Wild all have legitimate shots of making it to the finals from the West. Also those Stars are a surprise team so far, listening to all the hockey talk shows how they wouldn't do well this year.

Yeah - the stars have definitly been off to a strong start. Problem in Dallas is can Turco finally get his act together come in the playoffs? Otherwise they could finish the season with 70+ wins and it wouldn't do them much good. They look like a strong team this year, so it would be good to see them competing come playoff time, but in the past Turco's just been dreadful in the post-season. We shall see - way too early to tell.