• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... I have a few I suppose:

- Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Wild Wing Selanne

- Flyers 2010 Winter Classic 2.0 properly customized

- Flyers Mark Howe Night gamer

Honestly, probably the truly rarest thing though, and the gem of my collection in my eyes:

- Flyers 2.0 Spectrum patch Mike Richards' captain jersey (authentic, not game worn)... this patch is impossible to get, and a grail to a lot of people (myself included), and I only have one because of the kindest of one of our very own board members! There's no chance of me ever selling this:

IMG_5363_zps6fd66f25.jpg

Edited by dsl135

Since only really collecting gamers these days, it would have to be one of these -

99-00 Dennis Vial Sabres gameworn preseason road (haven't found a Sabres fan yet that knew he was a Sabre so might be the only one in existence)

00-01 Stu Grimson Kings gameworn home (he spent one year in LA and though there are lots of Grimson jerseys in the hobby I've never seen another Kings Reaper)

But, I think I'll go with this one since its truly a Frankenstein jersey -

1999-2000 Derek Boogaard Prince George Cougars gameworn road jersey - is a size 54 that had extensions sewn onto both sleeves as well as torso of jersey so it would fit him -
001_zps91bd5c53.jpg
002_zps2ce9aa2d.jpg
003_zps24e6fdae.jpg
004_zpsf2742e9f.jpg
005_zpsb43431d1.jpg

1972 blue Team USA jersey worn during the Winter Olympics in Sapporo, Japan by Craig Sarner. Craig led all non-Communists in scoring with 4 goals and 6 assists. From what I've heard, the Hockey Hall of Fame doesn't even have one.

eamcirca1972Steichensauthentic-vi.jpgamcirca1972bSteichensauthentic-vi.jpg

It's the crown jewel of my USA collection.

1972 blue Team USA jersey worn during the Winter Olympics in Sapporo, Japan by Craig Sarner. Craig led all non-Communists in scoring with 4 goals and 6 assists. From what I've heard, the Hockey Hall of Fame doesn't even have one.

It's the crown jewel of my USA collection.

Wow that is pretty cool.

are those Lindros Gamers?

Mine is not...well, I'm told it was a gamer that was stripped and turned into a Lindros. Edited by slimcutta
Mine's not either.

'85 Playoff only set Bruins

photo-vi.jpg

photo6-vi.jpg

The Bruins only wore these Giant CCM stamp ultrafil's during there 1st round playoff loss to the Habs. During the Regulaf season they wore a combination of CCM and Alpha mesh before switching to Small block CCM ultrafil's full time the following season. And considering they lost in 5 games and only played two at home maybe only worn twice on the ice.

- Flyers 2.0 Spectrum patch Mike Richards' captain jersey (authentic, not game worn)... this patch is impossible to get, and a grail to a lot of people (myself included), and I only have one because of the kindest of one of our very own board members!

Didn't they put the spectrum patch in the wrong spot originally? I feel like I remember you saying that. I'm assuming this picture is the correct placement now after getting it fixed?

Edited by slimcutta

Didn't they put the spectrum patch in the wrong spot originally? I feel like I remember you saying that. I'm assuming this picture is the correct placement now after getting it fixed?

Yea, they did. Mike fixed it for me though fortunately!

So it's no way as awesome as the previous postings but it's my rarest as I don't see to many of these around (espcially in my size)

IMG_1715-vi.jpg

And then there's this one-worn druing the warm-ups from Adam Graves night:

IMG_1688-vi.jpg

Edited by Cygnus X-1

These two I got from Anthony (iihfcollector). Doubt there will be any others in the hobby.

P1010897-vi.jpg?1415687788P1010899-vi.jpg

By the way, that 1972 Olympics jersey is amazing Mike!

My most rare jersey would have to be my 2005-06 Anaheim Mighty Ducks Corey Perry 3rd Rookie Game-Used Jersey.

He only wore 2 of these jerseys. One of them with the Katrina patch worn in the 1st period on 10/10/05. That jersey was sold at auction for $2000, it was also the jersey he scored his first NHL goal in. I would love to own it one day.

I have the jersey he would of put on starting in the second period and for the rest of the season. Definitely one of my more favorite Perry jerseys in my collection.

front.jpg

back.jpg

Edited by ducks24

Mine isn't even a fraction of rarity some of these classics have, but it's the only one in the world (and existence)

13-14 Billingham Stars away (multiple)gameworn Andy Munroe

10808355_385590478262392_677372352_n.jpg

10808222_385590481595725_562568094_n.jpg

The company that makes the jerseys (Rhino Sports) messed up the customisation, putting MONROE on the back rather than MUNROE. He ended up wearing it for literally half the season, before getting a correctly-spelt MUNROE one, which was then given to the guy who sponsored the jersey at the End of Season Awards Presentation Evening. They obviously kept the white home/black away incorrect spelt ones because they didn't know what to do with them, before putting them in the jersey box at the merch table, for me to discover while asking the lovely woman behind the table to see what leftover unsponsored gameworns were left from the previous season and for sale.

I think I came out on top in this deal, because while there's a few MUNROE replicas in this black away style and one other gameworn with the correct spelling, but mine is the only one there with the incorrect spelling (and the impossibly-rare A patch on the front, which, along with the C, is unavailable on replicas), plus it was half price at £30 (about $50). There's been a few Munroe jerseys, but everyone remembers the infamous Monroe jersey.

Not as spectacular as other jerseys in this thread: Chicago Blackhawks Bradley Mills Game Issued Veterans Day 2013 jersey. Mills only played 3 games with the Hawks, was not in the lineup for that game and was sent to Rockford a few days later.

20140520_145443-1_zps6bacd053.jpg

20140520_145602-1_zpsf770bf6d.jpg