Nameplate How To

LAK79

Need your help with regard to making nameplates:

1. Can I use a replica air knit jersey for nameplate material for an authentic air knit? Or are those materials different enough that it won't look right?

2. If I'm salvaging a nameplate from a jersey how do I finish the edges of the material I cut from a jersey? If I'm sending the material with a jersey somewhere for customization is that something the customizer will do? Is there a generally accepted term for this process , or do I just say "finish the edges"?

Thanks.

You can generally use a nameplate made from a replica, but it will probably be a bit thinner than the authentic material. It's up to you to decide if that will bother you. I would also make sure the color of the plate is the same (obviously), and that the airknit hole pattern matches that of the jersey.

Finishing the edges of the nameplate is called serging. Generally you leave that to the customizer, assuming they have a serger. Not everyone does.

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing the edges of the nameplate is called serging. Generally you leave that to the customizer, assuming they have a serger. Not everyone does.

Authentic serging has to be done by a guy named Serge. It's the only way really.

FYI, nameplates from CCM come serged.

What if I don't know how?

Or, what if you don't know Serge?

I can serge with the serger I have which I've used to serge for Serge.

Similarly (but compeletly unrelated):

You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life if you had an electrified fooling machine

That sounds like an explosion at the old Simpsons place.

Forget it, that's three blocks away.

It looks like there's beer coming out of the chimney!

I am proceeding on foot. Call in a 519.

We need pretzels. I repeat, pretzels!