Newest Members of the HHOF

lafountain

The Hall Of Fame now has 4 new members who were selected today.

Mark Messier

Al MacInnis

Ron Francis

Scott Stevens

I don't think you can argue with any of the choices, this was a very tough year for the Committee to decide on who to elect.

Funny quote from MacInnis when they talked to him.

"Until they told me this morning, I was not aware that I'd be the first Nova Scotia player in the Hockey Hall of Fame," MacInnis said. "With Sidney Crosby in the League now, that honor won't last long! I told Sid last year that I'd worked 23 years to achieve the label of best Nova Scotia player and I lost it in his first four months in the NHL.

Frankly, I think I would've put Ciccarelli in over Stevens and that's not just my anti-Devils bias speaking. Dino scored 608 goals. 608!! Granted he only got to the Finals twice in his career but holy crap man the guy is #15 all-time in goal scoring and that was playing for some big-time doormats too. How did he not get in first-ballot? Everyone ahead of him on the all-time goals list is in and four of the five below him are too if you count Sakic who will definitely go(with Nieuwendyk a possibility). Put him in!!

The Hall Of Fame now has 4 new members who were selected today.

Mark Messier

Al MacInnis

Ron Francis

Scott Stevens

I don't think you can argue with any of the choices, this was a very tough year for the Committee to decide on who to elect.

Argue with any?

I should hope not!

I'd field that lineup any where, any time for as long as I could and be voted coach of the year so many times they'd rename the trophy after me. I suspect these guys are all eligible at the same time due to the timing of the lockout. You may never see a group this strong again in your lifetime.