Ducks Bringing Back Basically Every Selanne Jersey of All Time

dsl135

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=103164

That's everything they're doing for Selanne night. Some amazing stuff, but they've actually confirmed that they'll be selling all of the jerseys listed there.

Welcome back Wild Wing!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very interesting. And, might I add, very fan friendly. If I owned a franchise it'd be that way all the time, all jerseys available, so the super fans could buy one of each. More jerseys equals more money. Makes perfect sense to me.

Don't worry boys, you all get a platinum, laser engraved 20% off discount card.

I was always surprised that teams did not do this more often. Given how much some collectors prize certain styles that are no longer produced I thought teams were really missing a golden opportunity to cash in on our hobbies by reproducing popular, older jerseys. I know we have various fans of different materials (Starter-mesh, CCM Air-Knit, etc) and styles (CCM box-cuts vs EDGE's tapered fittings). On the other hand, part of being a collector is the thrill of owning rare pieces.

Since certain teams styles haven't changed much throughout the years this would not work for them (Rangers, Devils, Flyers, etc) but, I could definitely see this model working for some teams.

Would be interested to see what material these jerseys will be made from.

Since certain teams styles haven't changed much throughout the years this would not work for them (Rangers, Devils, Flyers, etc) but, I could definitely see this model working for some teams.

From a Devils fan perspective, they would sell a TON of the red and green if they were commercially available. And that's just to me.

Just try to imagine how much money CCM would make if they made ultrafil jerseys again, just think about it

Seeing as I spend at least an hour every day searching for Ultrafil jerseys online, I am guessing a lot.

Devils sell plenty of red and green jerseys, saw at least 4-5 people in 10 minutes getting them at the rock while I was waiting for my girlfriends jersey to be customed.
I have one myself, just wish they'd someday get the white ones in as well.

Devils sell plenty of red and green jerseys, saw at least 4-5 people in 10 minutes getting them at the rock while I was waiting for my girlfriends jersey to be customed.

I have one myself, just wish they'd someday get the white ones in as well.

I have been looking for the old colors in size 56 for years. I would buy them both day one if the team had them available.

If you are looking for a white replica, those are available. Not sure if that is what you meant but given that all they sell at the arena is replicas, I thought I would mention it.

Limited sizes at:

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/New-Jersey-Devils-12768/New-Jersey-Devils-Vintage-Replica-Jersey-1982-(Home)-p33316/?pstart=1

More sizes at:

http://www.sportsk.com/vintage-devils-white-hockey-jersey1.html

I actually have a red and a white replica being customized right now, just in case I never find my authentics.

Yep I asked them also. Didn't know really anything, but assumed that they all will be replicas.

Now that probably the Wild Wing is also on the Team Classics line, will it effect the pricing on the original Wild Wing replicas? When the Team Classics and Vintage Hockey lines were released, did it affect the pricing on the original replicas?

Just called the team store they have no idea what is coming out when it's coming out or how much. And they are releasing one tonight and they don't know. Good communication.

I believe that they, like McDonald's, are subsidized to hire the mentally challenged at their team store. The level of expertise there is somewhere between negative three and a dead snail. You could quiz every person in there something basic like the difference between an authentic and a replica (other than the price) and they would have no idea.

Just try to imagine how much money CCM would make if they made ultrafil jerseys again, just think about it

Probably not nearly what you think they would. We all have to realize that the market for this stuff these days is very very small, think about how many active collectors are on this site and maybe add a few hundred to that number world wide and there you go. Odds are CCM/Reebok/The Teams would all lose money, if there was money to be had in this type of thing happening on a regular basis they would already be doing it. 99.9% of the sports fans out there could give two shits about ultrafil and wildwing jerseys as much as we hate to admit it.

Yep I asked them also. Didn't know really anything, but assumed that they all will be replicas.

Now that probably the Wild Wing is also on the Team Classics line, will it effect the pricing on the original Wild Wing replicas? When the Team Classics and Vintage Hockey lines were released, did it affect the pricing on the original replicas?

I can only speak from the Hawks perspective with the barberpole, it had a bit of an impact on the value of the jersey but very little. Again the average consumer isn't interested in that $400 jersey regardless if there's an alternative to it or not. It's people like you and me who drive the cost of these items, There's not many barberpoles out there and there's a lot of collectors who want them, same with the wildwing. This new version may help some get that fix but there's still going to be that bunch who are seeking out the original replicas and are willing to pay for them.

Just called the team store. Said the jerseys aren't in yet, but a lot of the novelties/ collectibles have arrived.

As a non-Ducks fan, this is a pretty great alternative to shelling out for an OG Wild Wing for me. Grew up admiring Teemu, but it's just tough to swallow the prices I've seen them go for.

I actually have a red and a white replica being customized right now, just in case I never find my authentics.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-AUTHENTIC-2014-STADIUM-SERIES-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-7287-JERSEY-/291171334603?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&var=&hash=item8971cbf33e

This is a red and green Authentic I would say.

I should have said VINTAGE CCM red and green authentic. I do have a Stadium Series authentic like the one in the link.

And the applause to the Ducks may have just taken a sharp turn... The two jerseys that have been released so far, and we're talking replicas here, not authentics... $500. Granted they're listed as "limited editions" but I would guess that most of the others will be too.

That's a griffenfood special u n00b!