Signings

Mach_9

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed the Sabres lost Zubrus but at the same time New Jersey had to do something to try and make up for the loss of Gomez.

The Kings work on trying to improve their position in the west and sign Brad Stuart to a 1 year deal worth 3.5 Million

The Kings work on trying to improve their position in the west and sign Brad Stuart to a 1 year deal worth 3.5 Million

Sabres re-sign Numminen for $2.6m!!. Don't know WHAT Darcy is thinking... can't put together the money to keep Drury, Briere OR Zubrus, but re-signs a guy who's really getting on in years to something like the third highest contract on the entire team? I mean, Teppo is still a solid 4-6 d-man, but not for $2.6m. If he just wants to hang around for a chance to win the cup, he should be doing it for a discount... Buffalo has a better chance at being competitive next season if they can throw around a LOT of money in whats left of the market (I doubt they do anything, or succeed at making any kind of impact trade either). Heck, Darcy hasn't even got Vanek signed yet and he's over paying Numminen by at least $1m. Frustrating to be a fan right now.

Sabres re-sign Numminen for $2.6m!!. Don't know WHAT Darcy is thinking... can't put together the money to keep Drury, Briere OR Zubrus, but re-signs a guy who's really getting on in years to something like the third highest contract on the entire team? I mean, Teppo is still a solid 4-6 d-man, but not for $2.6m. If he just wants to hang around for a chance to win the cup, he should be doing it for a discount... Buffalo has a better chance at being competitive next season if they can throw around a LOT of money in whats left of the market (I doubt they do anything, or succeed at making any kind of impact trade either). Heck, Darcy hasn't even got Vanek signed yet and he's over paying Numminen by at least $1m. Frustrating to be a fan right now.

Good grief, I mean, I like Teppo and everything but yeah, that's a little too much money for someone on the twilight of his career.

I'm really having mixed feelings about how this free agency period is going being a Wild fan.

Are we doing the right thing sitting back and letting seemingly everyone else make horrible long term commitments, leaving us in a great spot 3,4 o4 5 years down the road, or has the ship sailed and all these teams will be serious contenders in the short term only to be replaced by other teams who sign different high-paid difference makers in a couple of years as we plod along with our nice, but not great team built from within?

Time will tell I guess, but I'm sure not getting a nice off-season buzz about my squad based on the last week for sure. Seriously, Eric Belanger and maybe Sean Hill? :mellow: Yea. Wow. Ok. Sure. :mellow:

People are whining to the Detroit papers about letting Lang and Bert go, but only because those guys topped 6' and believe that the height/weight stats are all that matter. Many of these short-term memory people don't seem to remember that they were the same people who were screaming to get rid of Lang near the end of the season, and are now whining that Ken Holland didn't try hard enough to retain Bert.

Well, if $4M was the going rate for Bertuzzi, I would have said "see ya" too. No guarantee that he's going to return to form, and just watching him on the ice was agonizing -- he played with uncertainty and barely any confidence. Why Babcock threw him on the ice for shoot-outs, I don't know. He held back, and it was obvious based on the body language.

So sure, one year for $3M plus performance bonuses -- maybe a little high in my opinion, but acceptable. Not $4M straight up for two years with no questions asked, though. I think Anaheim might regret this one.

The Ducks aren't letting the Stanley Cup get in the way of maintaining progress. They go out and get Schneider AND Bert! The Kings signed two ex-Coyotes in one day (kinda like signing ex-Cubs), but they're trying, at least. The Coyotes' biggest move today was hiring Dave Strader for the play-by-play. He'll join Pang in the booth. They also bought out Dave Scatchard (I was at the game where he got his season-ending concussion) and lost Owen Nolan to Calgary. I'm picking my team for a second-straight last place finish in the West. :(

DR- I think the Dogs draft really well. Just stick with them, I think in a few years they could be like LA this year.

Shanahan re-signed with the Rangers. Terms not yet released.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213239&hubname=nhl

Just have Lundqvist and Avery left to my knowledge. Things are good in Rangers-land!

I like this a lot. He'll be great on either the second or third lines to provide the scoring touch and he's a great teacher and mentor for guys like Callahan and Dubinsky. Now PLEASE don't burn him out on the PP and PK halfway through the year!

DR- I think the Dogs draft really well. Just stick with them, I think in a few years they could be like LA this year.

I'm not sold on the Kings, even with all the players they signed. I am sticking with Coyotes and I retained my full season tickets for the fifth straight season and didn't think twice about it, don't worry. However, I am objective and THIS YEAR, they will be horrible. In about three years, they SHOULD be decent, but they said the same thing three years ago. Patience has been preached since the turn of the 21st century.

Wheeler, Turris, Hanzal and Mueller have plenty of promise. All are at least one year away and even when they do play with the big club, it will take time to adjust to the NHL level.

As for the 2007-08 version...

Forwards, Mike York is the big acquisition so far. You have to have SOME veterans in there, but they're gun shy after last season's spending spree. They want to stay as close to the league minimum as possible. Minimum dollars or minimum points?

Defense, the parts are better than the sum, but they better sign Ballard to a long term deal, it's not like they don't have the cap room (even with Jovo's $ factored in).

Goaltender, well, now I see a Shooter Tutor having a better chance of keeping pucks out. Tellqvist and Leneveu are IT, at the moment. The available free agents, ugh.

Therefore, this year probably won't be fun. :rolleyes:

Lo and behold, I see that ex-Penguin Tomas Surovy is on the roster now. No press release on his Coyote signing. Maybe they don't want anyone to know... :huh:

Lundqvist signs a 1 year $4.25 million deal. Probably just to get him into camp on time and continue negotiations for the long term deal both him and the Rangers want, that and to avoid arbitration.

Pretty good payraise for a guy who made $817,000 last year.

And he's worth every penny too. Lundqvist is the ONLY reason the Rangers even made the run they did at the end of last year. If they're going anywhere this year, it'll start and end with him. It wouldn't surprise me to see them sign Souray in the coming days too.

And he's worth every penny too. Lundqvist is the ONLY reason the Rangers even made the run they did at the end of last year. If they're going anywhere this year, it'll start and end with him. It wouldn't surprise me to see them sign Souray in the coming days too.

They're 1m over the cap now. Avery and Hossa aren't signed. They need to dump some of: Kasparitis, Mara, Cullen, Malik via trades to make room for Avery and/or Hossa, and for Callahan, Girardi and possibly Staal to be called up.

They're 1m over the cap now. Avery and Hossa aren't signed. They need to dump some of: Kasparitis, Mara, Cullen, Malik via trades to make room for Avery and/or Hossa, and for Callahan, Girardi and possibly Staal to be called up.

Actually, I was wrong; they're about 1.3m under the cap, because with Shanny's 1 year, performance bonus laiden contract they're allowed to be 7% over the cap. They still need to free up some space for Avery/Hossa, the call-ups that aren't counting on the cap now and injury call-ups.

Souray signs in Edmonton...

Cant say it will help the team defensively (-26) but it may be a good offensive addition.

He was looking for a deal in the 5-6mill range.

He isnt worth more than 5 in my mind.

Souray signs in Edmonton...

Cant say it will help the team defensively (-26) but it may be a good offensive addition.

He was looking for a deal in the 5-6mill range.

He isnt worth more than 5 in my mind.

I have to say I was somewhat shocked by that deal, especially after they just got Pitkanen.

Aebischer signed a one-year deal with the Coyotes. Looks like Cujo will have to pass the next milestone somewhere else. He lost 31 games last season. Like Fall Out Boy would say/text, Thks Fr Th Mmrs.

Aebischer signed a one-year deal with the Coyotes. Looks like Cujo will have to pass the next milestone somewhere else. He lost 31 games last season. Like Fall Out Boy would say/text, Thks Fr Th Mmrs.

Well this move helps the Coyotes in net. Aebischer more than likely steps in as the starter before Tellqvist. If he can show signs of what he had in Colorado, this could be something that works out. Good signing for the Coyotes.

This was a decent signing and as probably as good as it would get based on Maloney's MO for the 07-08 season. Will the team will play some defense in front of Abby? I wonder if he thought of that before signing on the dotted line.