Signings

Mach_9

*First off a couple more signings from Monday:

-Josh Green signs with Red Bulls Salzburg of the Austrian League

1735.gif

-Mikko Lehtonen signs with Karpat Oulu-SM-Liiga (Finland)

2409.gif

*On to today's signings:

-Jozef Balej is re-signed by Vancouver LINK

2153.gif

-Sean Avery signs a one year deal worth $1.9 million (arbitrator's award) LINK

avery_57323.jpg

-Zach Parise re-signs with New Jersey, to a four year contract worth $12.5 Million LINK

devils_80613.jpg

*There was also a trade today:

-The Vancouver Canucks traded Francois-Pierre Guenette 3892.gif to the St. Louis Blues for Zack Fitzgerald Fitzgerald_mug.jpgLINK

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ducks don't match. Penner is an Oiler.

Ducks don't match. Penner is an Oiler.

Not really much of a surprise that the Ducks decided not to match. Edmonton definitely overpaid for him, but in all honesty when it comes to the RFA's teams almost have to overpay for them otherwise teams would just easily match the offers.

Here are the signings from Thursday & Friday:

-Dmitry Afanasenkov signs with Dynamo Moskva of the Russian League 1793.gif

-The New York Rangers sign Artem Anisimov who was a 2nd round pick (54th overall) in '06 LINK 5958.gif

-Matt Ellison signs a one year contract with Nashville 3120.gif

-The Columbus Blue Jackets sign Jakub Voracek who was selected in the 1st round (7th overall) to a 3 entry-level contract (he becomes the 3rd 1st rounder from this year to sign, Hickey & Kane before him) LINK cbj_80669.jpg

-Dustin Penner signs a 5 year contract worth $21.25 million with Edmonton LINK penner_81645.jpg

-Trent Hunter re-signed with NYI to a one year contract worth $1.55 million (arbitrator's award) LINK nyi_82631.jpg

-Patrice Brisebois signs a one year deal with Montreal LINK pb_53769.jpg

That's it for now have a great weekend everyone B)

Wow! Islanders got a GREAT deal on Hunter. Considering the inflated prices of guys like Penner and Roy, that's a steal. I think Hunter is on par with Penner, just on a worse team. I think Hunter will end up producing better than Penner and Ryder, who also just signed for more than Hunter, this season.

Wow! Islanders got a GREAT deal on Hunter. Considering the inflated prices of guys like Penner and Roy, that's a steal. I think Hunter is on par with Penner, just on a worse team. I think Hunter will end up producing better than Penner and Ryder, who also just signed for more than Hunter, this season.

I mean, alright, Penner might be a little better, given his age and all, but I think they're pretty comparable that Hunter would be better on another team. He certainly hustles his brains out. Either way, I just think that was a good price. He may have only had 35 points in 77 games (20 goals), but he was also 5th in the league in hits, and I just like the way he plays.

The Cammalleri situation in LA has finally been resolved. An arbitrator awarded Cammillari a 2 year deal at $6.7 million and the team and Cammalleri agreed to the terms. 3.1 for the first year and 3.6 for the second.

Full list from the last two days which had 4 signings total after no signings on the 4th or 5th.

Ryan Craig signed a 1 year deal for 850K to stay in Tampa.

Michael Cammalleri signs a 2 year deal for 6.7 million to stay in LA.

Arron Asham signs with New Jersey, terms not currently available.

Kris Beech signs a 1 year deal with Columbus, terms not currently available.

Not as pretty as LordStanley's list, but I guess it will work.

Full list from the last two days which had 4 signings total after no signings on the 4th or 5th.

Ryan Craig signed a 1 year deal for 850K to stay in Tampa.

Michael Cammalleri signs a 2 year deal for 6.7 million to stay in LA.

Arron Asham signs with New Jersey, terms not currently available.

Kris Beech signs a 1 year deal with Columbus, terms not currently available.

Not as pretty as LordStanley's list, but I guess it will work.

:lol: Thanks for the compliments anyone can contribute to the page thanks lafountain.

The Coyotes have Aebischer, Tellqvist and Auld. I don't understand why they signed Mr. Lang Syne. I guess LeNenveu gets shoved further down the organizational depth chart.

As you know, Adams was put on waivers. He cleared and now they received something in return for him. Another 2nd-liner, ho-hum. They think he'll help on the power play. Prove to me that he will. I hope he will, but he is not that kind of player.

The Coyotes have Aebischer, Tellqvist and Auld. I don't understand why they signed Mr. Lang Syne. I guess LeNenveu gets shoved further down the organizational depth chart.

As you know, Adams was put on waivers. He cleared and now they received something in return for him. Another 2nd-liner, ho-hum. They think he'll help on the power play. Prove to me that he will. I hope he will, but he is not that kind of player.

Its unfortunate the Coyotes have yet to land a bonafied # 1 goalie.

None of the 3 have proven ( at least in recent history) that they were capable of being handed the reigns of the #1 job.

They were better off re-signing Cujo.

If i were a gambling man ( which im not) if any of the goalies has a chance of becoming the #1 its Abbby.

Hes played in the West and hopes to rebound from the AWFUL season he had with my Habs.

He certainly wont have the same pressure he faced here.

I've noticed on some of the Coyotes fan boards that not many seemed to like Kevyn Adams. He was one of my favorite players and one of the nicest guys I got to meet on the team.

As for Auld, I'm in the "what the?" crowd. I don't understand the reasoning behind that signing, but I'm sure Don had his reasons. I'm a bigger Aebischer backer myself.

Alexander Svitov who had signed with Columbus a couple weeks ago signed with Avangard Omsk in Russia to play for the 07/08 season. The Blue Jackets are looking into the new deal to find out the details to see what actions if any they want to take.

A couple quick Coyotes transactions.

They acquire Radim Vrbata from Chicago for Kevyn Adams (a bummer, one of my faves on that team... :( ). Not sure offhand if any draft picks were swapped.

They also signed Alex Auld to a one year deal. Competition for Aeby?

Apparantly Auld's contract was also for 600K, the same as Aeby. Auld's contract is also a 2-way contract.

So Tellqvist makes 800K and is the highest paid goalie on the Yotes this year.

I read somewhere this week that Oleg Saprykin and Jamie Lundmark are going to play in Russia this season. As soon as I come across it again, I'll repost.

I have the same info along with a bunch of other names in an article I found and posted on the General Hockey Discussion page.

Ed Belfour may be signing a contract to play in Sweden this year.

Swedish newspaper Sport-Expressen reports that veteran NHL goaltender Ed Belfour is close to signing a contract with Leksands of the Swedish Elite League.

Belfour, who played with the Florida Panthers last season, has not landed with a new team this summer as an unrestricted free agent.

The Panthers let Belfour and goaltending partner Alex Auld hit the open market after acquiring Tomas Vokoun from the Nashville Predators in June.

Belfour 42, went 27-17-10 last season with a 2.77 goals-against average last season.

A two-time Vezina Trophy winner, Belfour is third place on the all-time wins list behind Martin Brodeur amd Hall of Famer Patrick Roy.

A five-time All-Star, Belfour has 484 career wins with a 2.50 GAA and 76 shutouts in 963 games with Florida, Chicago (1988-96), San Jose (1996-97), Dallas (1997-2002) and Toronto (2002-06).

Ballard re-signs with Phoenix. Good signing for them, a very solid young D-Man who will help the team.

2 years, terms not yet disclosed.

Ballard re-signs with Phoenix. Good signing for them, a very solid young D-Man who will help the team.

2 years, terms not yet disclosed.

Yeah I can't believe both Buffalo and Colorado traded him.

Other signings:

-Jussi Jokinen re-signs with Dallas. 2 year deal worth $3.625 million

-Patrick Marleau signs a two year contract extension with San Jose $6.3 million a season

~Looks like San Jose is staying one step ahead of the game, this is their third contract extension this summer (J. Thornton & M. Milchalek were the others)