Signings

Mach_9

I like that Michalek signing for San Jose. The more I watch him play, the more I really like his potential. Over the last two seasons of watching him I've thought he's gotten better and better.

Ballard is going to be a future Coyotes captain or captain for another team should the Coyotes ever lose him. He'd be a guy I'd pull a Kevin Lowe over and try to sign to a contract if I was in need of a solid defenseman. I remember that trade, Derek Morris and Keith Ballard to Phoenix for Chris Gratton and Ossi Vaananen. :huh: Losing Morris was good (I am not a fan of him at all), but Ballard for Gratton and Vaananen. That goes in the files of bad trades for Colorado that includes getting Jose Theodore. Colorado got had on that deal.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballard re-signs with Phoenix. Good signing for them, a very solid young D-Man who will help the team.

2 years, terms not yet disclosed.

The AZ Republic says...

'an NHL source estimated the contract to be worth $2 million per season". I was hoping they would sign him to a longer deal. I think he will eventually be captain of the team in several years when Doan isn't still here.

Guessing most teams are at the point where they are going to head into camp and see what they got before making any other deals. Of course Forsberg and Selanne are still out there but I have a feeling that if either of them are going to play in the NHL this year that they will sign after the season has actually started.

Of course there are still a few trades that could happen like Bryzgalov being dealt.

• 3 weeks later...