Jump to content
Shark Cat

What jersey did you wear today?

Recommended Posts

See, a few posts and now you’re a Brodeur fan. I just changed into this one, just for you. 

43039247242_f4e4a89f6d_b.jpg

 

43039247312_4300968048_b.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No that’s from 7-11. That’s why it’s green. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No that’s from 7-11. That’s why it’s green. 

In all seriousness, I don’t recall you posting this in the new arrival thread. When did you get it? Did you send it off to EPS to get customized? There’s a blank AK with a Hartford Whalers crest floating around eBay, I’ve been tempted to grab it. I have a couple of AK gamers from minor league teams, the material is solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

In all seriousness, I don’t recall you posting this in the new arrival thread. When did you get it? Did you send it off to EPS to get customized? There’s a blank AK with a Hartford Whalers crest floating around eBay, I’ve been tempted to grab it. I have a couple of AK gamers from minor league teams, the material is solid.

I posted on it previously. Basically to troll my family (I enjoy trolling, in case that wasn’t obvious), I wanted to make a Christmas themed jersey to wear on Christmas Day. So obviously, I was going Devils. I bought the green jersey blank, and added a Devils crest I got on eBay. My intention was to add some Christmas themed patches and basically make the thing look as ridiculous as possible. 

But then something happened. The moment I laid the crest on top of the jersey, I loved the way it looked. I abandoned my Christmas plan and instead sent it to EPS to have the crest sewn on and the customization done. 

As far as the AK blank goes, I was hoping for the same fit and quality as my Watertown Wolves jersey. This blank was thinner and cut a bit larger, almost too large. But at this point I invested too much in it to sell it, so it’ll be a knock around type jersey for now. 

I still kind of want to do the Christmas jersey, I saw some “ugly sweater” blanks I could toss a crest on and be done. We’ll see, that money is probably better spent elsewhere. I could just wear the green jersey and let it be close enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I posted on it previously. Basically to troll my family (I enjoy trolling, in case that wasn’t obvious), I wanted to make a Christmas themed jersey to wear on Christmas Day. So obviously, I was going Devils. I bought the green jersey blank, and added a Devils crest I got on eBay. My intention was to add some Christmas themed patches and basically make the thing look as ridiculous as possible.

It actually looks really good, as if was an alternate that the Devils wore during the red and green years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

It actually looks really good, as if was an alternate that the Devils wore during the red and green years.

Thank you!

Exactly what I was going for (after changing my mind about Christmas), if they had made a green alternate, that could be it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many of you cheese balls are wearing a jersey to work today and calling it a “costume”?

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like it was just you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Sounds like it was just you.

Yeah, I wore a Lundqvist jersey and went as "failure". 

?

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a million ways to do this. 

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wearing a red Norfolk Admirals practice jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wore a Devils jersey.

My costume was a jerk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I wore a Devils jersey.

My costume was a jerk. 

(Not a costume for you....jerk.)

45658546751_e1464ee79c_b.jpg

The better joke:

”I wore a Brodeur Jersey. I went as “quasi incestuous adultery”. 

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No pics, but last night I wore an early 90's red Blackhawks replica jersey along with black Chucks, ripped stonewashed jeans, shoulder length black wig, and a Wayne's World cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

No pics, but last night I wore an early 90's red Blackhawks replica jersey along with black Chucks, ripped stonewashed jeans, shoulder length black wig, and a Wayne's World cap.

I live in Aurora and think a Makita's doughnuts would really bring in the tourism! 

Come see Makita's doughnuts and...... well,.... just come see Makita's doughnuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I live in Aurora and think a Makita's doughnuts would really bring in the tourism! 

Come see Makita's doughnuts and...... well,.... just come see Makita's doughnuts

Try the Sugar Pucks...they’re excellent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I live in Aurora and think a Makita's doughnuts would really bring in the tourism! 

Come see Makita's doughnuts and...... well,.... just come see Makita's doughnuts

 

Ha! It was actually pretty cool when the all-star game was in Los Angeles. They built a Mikita's donut pop up shop and gave away free donuts.

https://www.bardown.com/the-stan-mikita-dounts-cafe-from-wayne-s-world-is-opening-up-in-real-life-1.658541

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually remember that and thought it was sacrilegious :D


They should've saved that for the next All Star Game in Chicago.
Hey, It's only been 27yrs since Chicago hosted an All Star Game and since they seem to make Chicago part of every other annual event why not do it shortly after Makita's passing and bring Al Bundy out for an encore.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I actually remember that and thought it was sacrilegious :D


They should've saved that for the next All Star Game in Chicago.
Hey, It's only been 27yrs since Chicago hosted an All Star Game and since they seem to make Chicago part of every other annual event why not do it shortly after Makita's passing and bring Al Bundy out for an encore.   

Ha! True. But as a Chicagoan living in Los Angeles, it was a welcome treat! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wore a Jeff Carter Flyers shirsey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I wore a Jeff Carter Flyers shirsey. 

*Cringe*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am doing it. Currently wearing a run-of-the-mill Premier (Lucic, B's third to be exact) and I am taking it out for wing night tonight. After years of threatening to do it, I am going to finally eat chicken wings while wearing a jersey. Expect a GoFundMe campaign soon to cover the cleaning costs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×