• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Dr_Puck

My first experience with acetone did not go well on my Raycroft tonight. I used a piece of cotton and rubbed it in. Nothing. What's worse is that it left a ring around the spot I was working on. I had a thought of pressing an iron over each glue spot (with a towel in between) to loosen the glue. Thoughts on using acetone for glue removal?

My first experience with acetone did not go well on my Raycroft tonight. I used a piece of cotton and rubbed it in. Nothing. What's worse is that it left a ring around the spot I was working on. I had a thought of pressing an iron over each glue spot (with a towel in between) to loosen the glue. Thoughts on using acetone for glue removal?

The ring has happened to me too, I just throw them in the wash after and it goes away for me. Never haven't been able to fix that. I usually just mess around with an iron and an old pillowcase or sheet, it feels better to me than using acetone. Not that it doesn't work, I've just seen what that stuff can do and feel better not using it.

Guest Dr_Puck

Good to know that the iron/cloth approach works. That's next on my list tomorrow.

I've been scrubbing my hands for ten minutes, that awful remover smell won't go away.

Yeah acetone is pretty nasty stuff. I made a mistake back when I did a lot of aquarium stuff and inhaled a lung full of the fumes. My breathing wasn't right for a few days after. That's why I shy away from using it if I can. Burned like hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an NYR gamer in the mail that smells musty. How do I wash it without ruining the Steiner sticker on the neck?

Or am I just stuck with a skunky jersey?

Just got an NYR gamer in the mail that smells musty. How do I wash it without ruining the Steiner sticker on the neck?

Or am I just stuck with a skunky jersey?

I've read lots of fabreze and hang it outside for a few days.

• 4 weeks later...

A friend recently lost his home in a fire, but managed to salvage some items. Among them, his late father's hockey jersey. The jersey is about 10 years old (Minnesota Wild), and is smoke damaged.

Any tips on how to restore it?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Throw them back in, add no soap, extra rinse/spin cycle on low spin. That should take care of it.

Edited by mfitz804

• 5 weeks later...

Very afraid to machine or Spot wash out of fear of ruining it. I honestly dont even know what the stains are lol. Only wore for the WC. Any tips where you can send a jersey for cleaning or what I can do? Tag says do not dry clean.post-1963-0-71068300-1452645114_thumb.jppost-1963-0-03612400-1452645204_thumb.jp

Edited by Alan_Of_The_Chi

I conquer.

tumblr_m48cddrbNY1r3yxp8o1_500.jpg

Machine wash isnt going to ruin the chain stitching or anything? If you can't already tell, I'm really paranoid about this. I don't alway have an extra $300 laying around for a replacement. Thanks guys

Best place to take it is your laundry room. Put it in the big wet spinny one with detergent, then hang it up to dry. Don't put it in the big dry hot spinny one.

By the way, you wore that once? How drunk were you that it got that stained a you have no idea how?

Edited by mfitz804

Best place to take it is your laundry room. Put it in the big wet spinny one with detergent, then hang it up to dry. Don't put it in the big dry hot spinny one.

By the way, you wore that once? How drunk were you that it got that stained a you have no idea how?

Dude, it's a shirt. It's made to be washed. What do you think they do with the players's stuff? They WASH them. After EVERY GAME.

Um...Ok. Thanks for the friendly advice guys. I guess I'll give it a shot & keep you updated! (And before anyone mentions it, I know it's not a 2016 WC, its 2015. Just a bad typo)

Turn it inside-out, use some detergent and some OxyClean liquid as well. Put it in cold water and wash it on the delicate/gentle cycle. Once it's done, let it hang dry on a hanger. It'll be fine.

I find that in addition, using the lowest possible spin cycle is good too, results in less creases. And they aren't all that absorbent anyway so you don't need a fast spin to get the excess water out.

I've dry-cleaned EVERY type of jersey (ultrafil, airknit, 1.0, 2.0) and never had a problem, even though the tags specify not to dry-clean. Just drop it off for $6 and it will look new again.