I kid I kid, 

Sorry, you set it up, I had to go for it,

I'll go back to my corner now 

11 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

That's because Blues goalies jerseys never see pucks :P

I kid I kid, 

Made me laugh, so all is good in the hood!

12 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

That's because Blues goalies jerseys never see pucks :P

I kid I kid, 

Cause their stellar defense stops them first

Yes but it always makes me hungry so I eat the jersey with some romaine.

Posting this as an example of pressing a crest post-wash. Myself and others have extolled the virtues of pressing a jersey while it’s still completely wet straight from the washer. This is why. 

The subject is a ProPlayer authentic practice jersey with the same layered twill crest on a game jersey. ProPlayers (at least Devils one’s) are notorious for having a loose, wrinkled crest. I tried pressing this one before the wash, and it wouldn't lay flat. So I pre-treated the crest with OxiClean stain spray (it had a couple spots) and in the wash it went. 

The stains came out. This was how the crest looked after attempted pressing and washing:

48261463327_1216b6fec0_b.jpg

So I immediately threw it on the ironing board, right from the wash. I went at the crest with a hot iron, directly on the fabric, no t-shirt in between. After no more than 15 seconds, I had this:

48261463402_bdb43ca3bd_b.jpg

Hung it up to dry and when it does, it’ll look great and will be a welcome addition to my collection. 

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

it’ll look great and will be a welcome addition to my collection. 

...until you decide to sell it in a week.

;)

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

...until you decide to sell it in a week.

;)

That’s not true because...

...I got nothing. 

Oddly with Blackhawks crests I would not suggest this same process.

After a wash on a Hawks jerseys the chain stitching tightens up and wrinkles the heck out of the crest.

I let the jersey hang dry and the crest returns to its natural form.

It's the dangdest thing, but I would not suggest ironing a wet chainstiched crest.

*but I do however have a few Devils with wrinkly crests so I'm gonna give this a go!
Thank you

Edited by Hockey Bob

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

Oddly with Blackhawks crests I would not suggest this same process.

After a wash on a Hawks jerseys the chain stitching tightens up and wrinkles the heck out of the crest.

I let the jersey hang dry and the crest returns to its natural form.

It's the dangdest thing, but I would not suggest ironing a wet chainstiched crest.

*but I do however have a few Devils with wrinkly crests so I'm gonna give this a go!
Thank you

I’d agree that it shouldn’t be done on every crest.  But layered twill, you’re all set. 

Anyone with washing tips for durene?  Obviously not going to put it in the washing machine....but what should be a light cream jersey has a bunch of yellowing that looks like it should clean out at least fairly well...

Never tried cleaning Durene, guessing a soak in Oxiclean with a little detergent would be a good start. 

I have a durene that I would like to clean, too. But I know that if I soak/wash it, it'll completely fade out the tag. So I'm feeling kind of stuck.

6 hours ago, furiousd said:

I have a durene that I would like to clean, too. But I know that if I soak/wash it, it'll completely fade out the tag. So I'm feeling kind of stinky.

Fixed.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:56 AM, furiousd said:

I have a durene that I would like to clean, too. But I know that if I soak/wash it, it'll completely fade out the tag. So I'm feeling kind of stuck.

Can confirm that it dissolved off almost immediately, at least on the front of the tag.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:37 PM, Hockey Bob said:

Never tried cleaning Durene, guessing a soak in Oxiclean with a little detergent would be a good start. 

Giving it a go.  3-4 hours and two attempts and we're getting there.  Might need a few more.

Can someone explain this mysterious tag that can't be exposed to water?

It was a normal tag, but the ink they used just washed right away.  I didn't even scrub or wipe it really.

I'm referring to a Sandow tag. They must have used disappearing ink, because when you wash the jersey, you end up with a completely white tag. Being nearly 40 years old also might have something to do with it.

3 hours ago, blurryhaze said:

It was a normal tag, but the ink they used just washed right away.  I didn't even scrub or wipe it really.

13 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I'm referring to a Sandow tag. They must have used disappearing ink, because when you wash the jersey, you end up with a completely white tag. Being nearly 40 years old also might have something to do with it.

Older CCMs have the same issue.