Dealing with Jersey Baron

DJ Rhea

hmm, 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, eBay monitors those messages. Don't send anything you wouldn't want them to know. 

Exactly......that is why i only send dikpics directly to the Baron, i don't want eBay snooping around, it's none of their business how long it is, that is strictly between me and the Baron

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

hmm, 

Exactly......that is why i only send dikpics directly to the Baron, i don't want eBay snooping around, it's none of their business how long it is, that is strictly between me and the Baron

It's probably hard to tell from the pixelated image zoomed so far in anyway. 

Ive been sent a message from eBay a couple times letting me know about updated policies that have been around a while.

Blocked communication between me and a guy in my neighborhood who was selling a baseball jersey before I could get any personal contact info. I'm probably lucky I still have an account.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

22 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

It’s not that it gets flagged. If the site detects an email address in the message, it prevents you from sending the message at all. 

Correct, that message wouldn't even send. 

3 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

CDN or US?

thats only like $40 for the 'mericans. 

Totally doable.

Fixed that for you :lol:

1 minute ago, mdwsta4 said:

Did anyone else notice JB is now selling Capitals SCF jerseys? They’re Reebok...

Trying to clear out the old stock. 90% of people don’t care if it’s “accurate”, only us freaks. 

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Trying to clear out the old stock. 90% of people don’t care if it’s “accurate”, only us freaks. 

Totally. Exactly what I thought when I saw them. Plus they're far superior to 'authentic' Adidas stuff available at retail

• 4 weeks later...

So I got a Rangers Stadium Series from JB and the white nameplate intrudes onto the blue part of the jersey. I realize that zuccarello is a long name but to me looks weird. 

Should I request he move the nameplate down or is it normal? Any advice would be appreciated.

Ray

FB3A5576-73B5-4DA4-B7D8-F3469DAFF8A8.jpeg

BEEF9C1F-8F70-40B8-A4EC-8205F34D5582.jpeg

What size is the jersey? Looks like the typical "long name on a small jersey" issue. That said, I think I would rather move it down, doesn't look like it would have to be that much, so the white was only on top of white. 

It looks like there's enough clearance between the current position and the numbers that fit could be done without it looking bad. 

The plate will fit. Here's one I did for a customer many years ago:

2v2JV8AtNx2YANR.jpg

That should be an easy fix just taking the plate off and reapplying it slightly lower.

34 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

The plate will fit. Here's one I did for a customer many years ago:

2v2JV8AtNx2YANR.jpg

That should be an easy fix just taking the plate off and reapplying it slightly lower.

Yup, I wouldn’t have known it had been lowered if you didn’t tell me. Nice work. 

23 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

That one wasn't lowered. I just made it fit when I did the customization.

But it’s lower than it would have been, correct?

I've seen so many AHL jerseys customized like that over the years. I sit 4 rows from the ice, and during warmups the visitors are at my end. The number of crooked nameplates, C's and A's, and numbers that I've seen is far too many to count. Sometimes I chuckle when I see some of the anal comments about customization (on jerseys usually not close to the size that the player actually wore, BTW). Many game used jerseys are "off" or "incorrect". That's called the human element.

9 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

I've seen so many AHL jerseys customized like that over the years. I sit 4 rows from the ice, and during warmups the visitors are at my end. The number of crooked nameplates, C's and A's, and numbers that I've seen is far too many to count. Sometimes I chuckle when I see some of the anal comments about customization (on jerseys usually not close to the size that the player actually wore, BTW). Many game used jerseys are "off" or "incorrect". That's called the human element.

It's amazing how bad some of the mom and pop customizations are on the gamers.  Not only using crooked nameplates/letters but the wrong font sometimes, too!

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, I wouldn’t have known it had been lowered if you didn’t tell me. Nice work. 

Here is the response I got from JB:

“The reason the nameplate is put there is because the jersey is small. Its already lower than it should be if the jersey was proper sized.

This problem exists for the size 46 and 50 jerseys.

If you wish you can return it for a refund.

Regards,
JB”

The jersey i got is a 52. 

Mike what size is the jersey you did?

The placement of the nameplate on yours is much higher than mine.

Not sure what I should do now. Return and get a player with shorter name? JB doesn’t seem keen on just lowering the nameplate.

8 minutes ago, furiousd said:

The one Mike posted isn't an authentic.  It has a different construction. If it were mine, I'd probably strip off the plate, take it to my local hockey outfitter, and have them reapply it so that it sits right below where the blue panels angle.

Seconded. 

6 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

You might want to tell him that you have a 52, and not a 46 or 50 before making a decision.

Could do that, though I imagine an excessively long, stupid name like that could still be an issue on a 52.