Dealing with Jersey Baron

DJ Rhea

I think he gives better discounts on team issued stuff vs the retail authentic jerseys. 

Like i’ve noticed on eBay his retail authentics don’t even have an option to make a best offer 

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I think he gives better discounts on team issued stuff vs the retail authentic jerseys. 

Like i’ve noticed on eBay his retail authentics don’t even have an option to make a best offer 

That makes perfect sense.  I would think most of the TI’s were obtained at a pretty big clearance discount, whereas the retail 2.0’s have to actually be made-to-order in minimum quantities, at dealer cost.

4 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Maybe now. I got the same discounts on both TI and retail authentics. Not the same price, but same percentage discount basically.

I'd still go with them if I needed something they had. They've been good to me and have had solid communication.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

That could be true..... but he is also canadian from toronto, so the feeling is mutual   ?

#neverforget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbN72u4hxs

“There is a Devils player who fell all by himself”. 

Great call. 

Toronto is a great sports town, here are this year's highlight 

runs into stool

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/indians-vs-blue-jays/2018/09/09/531543#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=531543

Very progressive as well, female trainers. must be uncomfortable for the players with a ball hits them in the groin and they need to have it checked out ??

Edited by tomtucker

7 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Very progressive as well, female trainers. must be uncomfortable for the players with a ball hits them in the groin and they need to have it checked out 

Or, uncomfortable for the trainers. Most of those guys are probably more than willing to whip it out. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Or, uncomfortable for the trainers. Most of those guys are probably more than willing to whip it out. 

?...... yes, having female trainers and medics in men's sports is strange to me, do they really want to be around only men all day?

Ahhh...poor baby 

let me blow on your boo boo and make it better 

r428401_1279x720_16-9.jpg&w=1140&cqualit

Edited by tomtucker

10 hours ago, tomtucker said:

That could be true..... but he is also canadian from toronto, so the feeling is mutual   ?

#neverforget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbN72u4hxs

The youtube description is funny:

In the dying seconds of the game, Niedermayer viciously headbutts Domi's elbow. To make a bad situation even worse, Niedermayer then lays down on the ice for a nap, refusing to leave until they bring him a portable bed. As a direct result of this incident, Domi was unable to play again until well into the next season.

• 3 months later...

I am pretty sure they are down completely the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. I recall that being the case in past years. 

5 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Got it. Hard to decipher their availability in their eBay status.

thanks!

I’m going by memory of an email conversation 3 Christmases ago. I know for sure they were closed that year, I THINK he said they do that every year. 

I bought a patch off him about a week ago and it was delivered within a couple of days so even though it says they’re away someone is still sending stuff out.

4 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

I bought a patch off him about a week ago and it was delivered within a couple of days so even though it says they’re away someone is still sending stuff out.

Maybe that's what they mean by non customized orders will ship as usual.

• 1 month later...

Nooooooooooo!

I saw today that JB has Made in Indonesia Blackhawks and Bruins Winter Classic jerseys in his eBay store (he calls them reproductions).  I thought he would hold out against the Indos.  Hopefully, this is not a sign of things to come, as I was hoping he would eventually use his connections to find a way to get some MIC jerseys for us all.

I take the opposite position. The fact that he is getting Adidas product may lead to him eventually getting made in Canada Adidas product. He needs to have a connection at Adidas to do that, and now it looks like maybe he does. Yes, I understand that Reebok and Adidas have the same parent company, however, those connections he had with Reebok obviously have not been effective with Adidas.

Good points!  

I was just thinking that in order to keep his jersey business current, he might need to start adding more and more Adidas products.  Which at this time at least at retail are the Indos.  I'm worried that this might lessen any impetus to push them for MICs.

Hey, mfitz, was that just your 9000th post?  Congrats! 

12 minutes ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

Hey, mfitz, was that just your 9000th post?  Congrats! 

Thanks brother. In fairness, like half of them were “that’s what she said” comments, but still, I’m prolific like a mf’er.