Dealing with Jersey Baron

DJ Rhea

I'm starting to wonder when he'll more aggressively sell stuff off. He's been sitting on some of that stock for years.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I'm starting to wonder when he'll more aggressively sell stuff off. He's been sitting on some of that stock for years.

If anything I find he’s less willing to deal. 

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If anything I find he’s less willing to deal. 

I've been told, more or less, "We're in no hurry to sell." 

My assumption is that once Adidas is made available to JB or the public, the Reeboks will go down a bit. They're still the only readily available MIC product out there so that probably still carries a small premium. What do I know...

I have to assume his sales have declined over the last two years. He has to have other costs that add up every month. I figure eventually he'll want to start moving stuff at like cost plus 10/20% or something.

Then again, what do I know about his operations.

I'm only guessing but is this a full time operation employing a numer of people, or is it one guy (with a crown!) doing it as a side project labour of love?  There are very likely a lot of dollars tied up in inventory. but they/he may not care, based on the comment quoted above.  If they/he is someone who did this as a labour of love and holding inventory/low sales are truly not a concern, the community should give him a big round of applause and thanks, because he has got a lot of really nice jerseys into a lot of happy hands!!!  Here's hoping Adidas open up to selling to him sometime down the road.

Edited by LondonGardens

Wouldn't it be great if Adidas just freaking did what they did with the WCOH MIC jerseys and sold them straight from their website.

You make the product so just make it available straight from Adidas.ca/.com.  Charge $500 a piece for them if you want, who cares just do it.

I'm pretty sure JB is "we" not "he," if I remember correctly from emails. Unless that's some sort of general cover, but I doubt JB is as mystified by the aura as IJ is. Probably a couple guys with low overhead. Most of the online inventory seems to be repeats from player to player.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

My experience with JB has been mostly bad lately. Doesn't answer emails. I've resolved to spend my money elsewhere. 

I just got my latest order from him with no issues. He's always dealt with me in a very timely manner but has been taking 1-2 days to respond lately, he said he was having problems with his email and apologized for any delay. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Outside the "rare" one-game off stuff, you can pretty much buy any team's 2.0 gamer for significantly less than the MSRP on one of JB's new authentics. 

1 hour ago, NYIJM29 said:

Outside the "rare" one-game off stuff, you can pretty much buy any team's 2.0 gamer for significantly less than the MSRP on one of JB's new authentics. 

And as far as TI blanks go, significantly so. Last time I checked he’ll do a Devils for $225 off eBay, while MeiGray is doing $129.99. 

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

And as far as TI blanks go, significantly so. Last time I checked he’ll do a Devils for $225 off eBay, while MeiGray is doing $129.99. 

Patience is key. Almost everything can be found below MSRP. 

8 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

Patience is key. Almost everything can be found below MSRP. 

Definitely. I don’t buy anything at full retail. 

On 4/13/2019 at 10:47 AM, mfitz804 said:

To play devil's advocate here, Meigray also only has 56+ for sale whereas JB has 52. So if you're looking for something smaller, there's only one choice...

32 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

To play devil's advocate here, Meigray also only has 56+ for sale whereas JB has 52. So if you're looking for something smaller, there's only one choice...

That's fair. Now it is, anyway. MeiGray had more sizes, not sure if they had all the way down to a 52. 

On 4/17/2019 at 3:18 AM, tomtucker said:

what  happened 

Nothing as far as I can tell. We worked out a deal on a Habs jersey, then when it came down to the actual transaction, he never sent me an invoice. I followed up. Multiple times over weeks. No answer. Nothing. I finally gave up and found another source for my Habs jersey in the end. I then resolved to stop spending my money there after such poor treatment. I had spent thousands of dollars there over the years and he can't even be bothered to answer emails (even if it's to tell me he's changed his mind over a deal). 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

First post here after lurking for... many many many years. 

JB has always been good to me, follows up quick. Cut me a good deal for two 2.0 Caps jerseys, one being the 2015 Winter Classic. I live close by to them (right over the border in NY) and the shipping has always been quick and never had a problem with it. Once I see that Meigray's smaller sizes are gone JB has a corner on the market (and some TIs) so the pricing is usually a little higher. I wonder if they will end up getting their hands on MIC jerseys any time soon, so far when I asked they said no real timeline. 

• 9 months later...

The Baron said to me he would never sell Edge Indos or Adidas Adizero Indos. Now he is selling the Flyers Stadium series adizeros customized at 250$....he is not only selling, but he is the most expensive on the market as well. Of course that goes for everything in his inventory, also the latest few Adidas MIC he has added. Then, I have no right to complain, he just wants to make a ton of money 😀

Edited by Lightbringer

I honestly thought he would just get out of the game rather than adding more overpriced inventory (the price on his Adidas Indos are crazy).

No way he also moves some of his gamer inventory. $700 for a Panthers gamer of a no namer isn't selling anytime soon. Pretty sure its just a preseason gamer too since the guy has never played an NHL game.