Dealing with Jersey Baron

DJ Rhea

9 minutes ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

I mean like he is giving up on ever having MICs.

He was one of the only people to have the MIC Reeboks for a while. I think he knows the value of being the only source. 

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Thanks brother. In fairness, like half of them were “that’s what she said” comments, but still, I’m prolific like a mf’er. 

When 10K comes around, you'll have to try and make that one a "that's what she said" comment.

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I take the opposite position. The fact that he is getting Adidas product may lead to him eventually getting made in Canada Adidas product. He needs to have a connection at Adidas to do that, and now it looks like maybe he does. Yes, I understand that Reebok and Adidas have the same parent company, however, those connections he had with Reebok obviously have not been effective with Adidas.

I hope this is the case. I'm just more pessimistic. Even if he doesn't get "retail authentic" MICs, may be he can still source Team Issued. He had (and still has) a ton of TIs that no one else ever had (and I assume can't just be ordered like retails could).

20 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I hope this is the case. I'm just more pessimistic. Even if he doesn't get "retail authentic" MICs, may be he can still source Team Issued. He had (and still has) a ton of TIs that no one else ever had (and I assume can't just be ordered like retails could).

That’s correct. 

38 minutes ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

When 10K comes around, you'll have to try and make that one a "that's what she said" comment.

Problem is I usually post from my phone, and you don’t see the running post count on the mobile version. 

But I’ll give it a whirl. 

• 2 weeks later...

I asked him a couple of weeks ago if he foresaw any team issued MIC Adizero blanks being made available to him in the future and he said, "At this point I would say no. Yes the Indo jerseys are beyond bad." I feel like MeiGray will eventually get something, no?

On 2/13/2019 at 7:31 PM, Phil the Thrill said:

Even if he doesn't get "retail authentic" MICs, may be he can still source Team Issued.

I only have TI MIC Adidas jerseys, but are there actual retail authentic MIC Adidas jerseys? The Jets 3rd comes to mind, but other than that, I was under the impression other team stock floating out there is from the team and therefore TI spec. Suppose on Adidas jerseys that will only mean reinforced fight strap as neck tagging isn't different like Reebok

Edited by mdwsta4

31 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I only have TI MIC Adidas jerseys, but are there actual retail authentic MIC Adidas jerseys? The Jets 3rd comes to mind, but other than that, I was under the impression other team stock floating out there is from the team and therefore TI spec. Suppose on Adidas jerseys that will only mean reinforced fight strap as neck tagging isn't different like Reebok

I don’t think there is any such thing as retail. I was just theoretically making up Retail authentics and if he eventually gets the one day. 

I think the only possibility is him getting TIs, which per above doesn’t sound likely. 

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Did the Golden Knights have retail MIC Adidas in their inaugural year?

45 minutes ago, CalGoldenBear said:

Did the Golden Knights have retail MIC Adidas in their inaugural year?

No, although Meigray handled their team jerseys so you tend to see more available because of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know whats up with JB? Bought two jerseys Saturday night and they haven’t been shipped. Also emailed him Sunday asking to buy two nameplates. No reply. 

33 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Anyone know whats up with JB? Bought two jerseys Saturday night and they haven’t been shipped. Also emailed him Sunday asking to buy two nameplates. No reply. 

I don’t know about this time, but I’ve emailed him and had my messages missed because they wound up in “junk”. I then messaged him on eBay and he responded right away. 

7 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Pretty sure he only ships once or twice per week. For US, anyway.  Not sure about Canada. 

I think that’s accurate. However it does not explain his failure to answer emails. 

Are they one 1 employee, and  are they canadian or americans? 

also, i remember the guy at sportsk was getting  tired of it all, appeared to be quite old, wonder if the baron also is getting up there in age?

Edited by tomtucker

Feedback From When  
Negative feedback rating Garbage seller Buyer: 
j***o ( 932Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999) 
During past month Feedback conversation
  BOSTON BRUINS 2010 WINTER CLASSIC ANY NAME / NUMBER REEBOK EDGE 2.0 7287 JERSEY (#112770684417) US $349.99 View Item  
Negative feedback rating Waited over a month for the Jersey. Colors don’t match. Rude seller. Never again Buyer: 
During past 6 months Feedback conversation
  BOSTON BRUINS 2010 WINTER CLASSIC ANY NAME / NUMBER REEBOK EDGE 2.0 7287 JERSEY (#112770684417) US $349.99 View Item  

Positive feedback rating Great watch excellent price thanks
n***5 ( 299Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) 
During past month
  RADO MEN'S ORIGINAL SPLIT SECOND AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH WATCH R12694163 (#292854641627)
US $2,999.99
Best Offer Price was AcceptedThis item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price.
View Item

pretty weird huh? 

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:
  Feedback From When  
Negative feedback rating Garbage seller Buyer: 
During past month Feedback conversation
Negative feedback rating Waited over a month for the Jersey. Colors don’t match. Rude seller. Never again Buyer: 
During past 6 months Feedback conversation

Positive feedback rating Great watch excellent price thanks
n***5 ( 299Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) 
During past month
  RADO MEN'S ORIGINAL SPLIT SECOND AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH WATCH R12694163 (#292854641627)
US $2,999.99
Best Offer Price was AcceptedThis item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price.
View Item

pretty weird huh? 

I’m not sure what I’m looking at. 

I've never had issues with the last few I bought. Always a response within 24 hours unless it's a weekend or holiday. 

Definitely not rude. They answered tons of my questions as a newb to to jerseys and never once seemed bugged by it.

Yeah he's usually super responsive with me, even when it is just to buy a nameplate.

Still haven't seen my stuff from Saturday ship. Really unusual.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe he's out looking for a new place to get jerseys from. How long can he stay in business without new stock?