1937-38 Chicago Black Hawks Jersey on Antiques Roadshow

Griff

I love those old sweaters like that. Nothing can replace them. I'd say the value is pretty good at that $7000-10,000 mark, but who knows, Blackhawks gamer collectors can be tad out there.

Not to thread jack, but since most of you probably don't visit the college forum here, I thought I'd link my new pickup here that you guys may enjoy peeking at if you like old sweaters:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4652&p=156943

8iRxxsi.jpg

Edited by Big A HG

I was expecting the amount quoted would be much higher.

There's not many jerseys from that era that exist today especially in that shape. I agree that if this were to hit an auction house it would go for a lot more than $10k. It's hard to put a value on something that only a few could afford and there's really no examples to compare it too. Something like this has such a small market out there, there's probably less than 10 people in this country that could really afford and be interested in bidding on this thing. It's a really awesome example of a jersey from that era.

There's not many jerseys from that era that exist today especially in that shape. I agree that if this were to hit an auction house it would go for a lot more than $10k. It's hard to put a value on something that only a few could afford and there's really no examples to compare it too. Something like this has such a small market out there, there's probably less than 10 people in this country that could really afford and be interested in bidding on this thing. It's a really awesome example of a jersey from that era.

I can't imagine that's true. There's a lot of guys with a lot of money that wouldn't blink on something like that. It's a limited market sure, but less than 10 people? Probably not that small.

Yeah, definitely more than 10 people. Chicago is a big place with a lot of big-wigs and collectors aren't excluded to Chicago-only, they encompass the globe.