Hey guys. I have just picked up a Rangers replica jersey, and it is completely different from any other jerseys I own.

The patches are fully embroidered on- not heatpressed/sewn as Ive seen on all of my others and all others that my friends have. The KOHO patch on the neck is not heatpressed AT ALL... this is sewn. And the oddest part, and Ive never seen, it has a 'Made in Korea' neck tag. The jersey does have the air-knit tag sewn inside the body at the hem, and it does feel like 100% authentic air-knit material.

I have seen fake Reebok jerseys before at that was the first thing that came to mind. The fakes are 100% embroidered. No sewing or heatpressed at all

There was very minimal photos of this jersey on ebay, but it looked great and the seller reassured me that it was clean.

I need help from all of you veterans of the jersey world... I need to know if this is in fact a REAL jersey.

I have my photobucket link.... linked. Dont mind the guitar pups and Detroit jersey.

Please help!!!!

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/CantStopRockin/library/?sort=3&page=1

It looks legit to me. All replicas from before the EDGE jerseys came in in 07 have fully embroidered patches and all that jazz.

The 'Made in Korea' neck tag shouldn't be a cause for concern, as I have a couple of KOHO replicas with that tag (along with others that are 'Made in Canada' and 'Made in Indonesia'

Here's my Leafs KOHO replica with the same tagging:

11195264_466848376803268_1632422801_n.jp

11216294_466848366803269_64631414_n.jpg?

11186304_466848373469935_1390969651_n.jp

11092632_466848370136602_1606656655_n.jp

Yup. Good to go.

Just checked Liberty Koho replica my mom bought me as a present back in 2001, from the NHL store catalogue.

It has a Korea tag too.

Well alright!!! I love you guys at this forum. Always have good information right on hand.

Thank you for clearing up my concern. For any of you that have a fake chinese Reebok, theyre all embroired- and a HUGE red flag went up for me, seeing as I have never seen one built like this.

Its a really sharp jersey too. Doesn't look like a person has even touched it, let alone wear it. All of this kind of made me worried. I have heard about fake 550s out there, but I am unsure if Ive seen one. I hope I dont own one. I attached the photo link. Idk how it will work, but if it doesnt, then click the prior link if youd like to check it out.

But you did say that these KOHO jerseys were built just prior to the swap over? This could give me a good idea of dating it......

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag112/CantStopRockin/IMG_20150503_123001_839_zpsvmdrxszy.jpg

Edited by JMCantStopRockin

I really like those Leafs jerseys btw. But theyre tough to find.

CCM and KOHO split the production between home and away (or light and dark to be more exact) jerseys between 2000-01 and 06-07 (I believe; either 06-07 or 05-06). Dark jerseys (Rangers blue, Blackhawks red etc etc etc) were tagged with KOHO on the neck while CCM did the light jerseys. There's some exceptions (or maybe CCM decided to switch it up, as my Leafs jersey I posted above is light and has KOHO tags, while I also have a blue Rangers replica that has CCM tagging on the neck/sleeve).

Edited by zooeyperry10

So it seemed like CCM and KOHO may have been scrambling- seeing the Reebok change over?.... Eh, speculation, theories, etc.

Another odd thing I noticed on the rangers jersey is that it doesnt have eyelets where the laces are. Its[they] simply a slit thats sewn up on either side. Its well done, but I just find it odd that they didnt put the eyelets in as Ive seen on all others.

CCM and KOHO split the production between home and away (or light and dark to be more exact) jerseys between 2000-01 and 06-07 (I believe; either 06-07 or 05-06). Dark jerseys (Rangers blue, Blackhawks red etc etc etc) were tagged with KOHO on the neck while CCM did the light jerseys. There's some exceptions (or maybe CCM decided to switch it up, as my Leafs jersey I posted above is light and has KOHO tags, while I also have a blue Rangers replica that has CCM tagging on the neck/sleeve).

Actually the CCM/Koho period was from 2000/01 to 2003/04. If you want to be more specific, you could say that Koho did the alternate jerseys, not necessarily "darks as opposed to whites"- the Leafs alternate was the exception and was white, but still a Koho. I'm specifically referring only to authentics here. As for replicas, you can find CCM dark jerseys as well as alternates.

Yep, 2000-2004 were the years the white and coloured jerseys were split between CCM and Koho (both authentic and replica). When the change to Reebok came about post-lockout all replicas were tagged with the CCM logo, so if anyone has a dark/alternate replica 550 with a CCM logo on the back neck it will be from 2005-2007.

When the change to Reebok came about post-lockout all replicas were tagged with the CCM logo, so if anyone has a dark/alternate replica 550 with a CCM logo on the back neck it will be from 2005-2007.

I've always wondered about this. There are quite a few dark/alternate CCM replicas out there that still have the NHL puck logo on the back hem (I myself have a Rangers CCM blue Liberty like this). I had the impression that the puck logo was no longer used after the 2004-05 lockout, so I thought that these CCM dark jerseys might have been made before the lockout. Does anyone know for sure that CCM did NOT make dark replicas before the lockout? If so, this would mean that the puck logo continued to be used post-lockout as well.

Edited by LAK74

I've worked on the basis that after the lockout I got a couple of CCM 550 replicas from Icejerseys and both had the orange/black puck on the hem. This was in 2006/07, so I had always figured the puck remained until the Premiers came into being.

Thanks for that info. Can I ask what styles they were?

Sure, no worries. I got the Rangers blue and Liberty styles in winter 2006, both with CCM tagging and the puck logo.

The previous replica I got to that was a pre-lockout Liberty that had all the Koho tagging shown in the OP (the logos and crest were heat-pressed instead of embroidered, though). That would have been in 2002/2003 I think.

This was in 2006/07, so I had always figured the puck remained until the Premiers came into being.

I've seen some CCM 550 replicas of jersey styles that did not appear until 2006-07, like the Buffaslug and Anaheim "sans Mighty" Ducks, and none of them seemed to have the puck logo, so I believe that logo was not used after 2006. I'm still looking for definitive evidence that the puck logo was not used on CCM replicas in 2005/06, like on a Pooh bear, Mooterus, etc. I'm just wondering whether the jerseys you got were from stock produced before the lockout.

I suppose they could have been overstock from before the lockout. I've got no way of checking the details now though as I sold them years ago.

I've seen some CCM 550 replicas of jersey styles that did not appear until 2006-07, like the Buffaslug and Anaheim "sans Mighty" Ducks, and none of them seemed to have the puck logo, so I believe that logo was not used after 2006. I'm still looking for definitive evidence that the puck logo was not used on CCM replicas in 2005/06, like on a Pooh bear, Mooterus, etc. I'm just wondering whether the jerseys you got were from stock produced before the lockout.

Fwiw- I do have a pooh bear and it has the puck logo. I cannot definitively tell you what year it is from, but... yea.