2015-2016 New Jersey Watch

Hollywood Cannon

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about if they players refused to wear jerseys with ad's on them. Wheeler at Winnepeg said it'd be a disgrace to the jerseys.

I think there's a difference between not liking them and refusing to wear them.

They wouldn't be able to refuse to wear them, though. It would be something that was negotiated between the NHL and NHLPA.

Plenty of players in the NHL have also played in Europe at times, and they wore them there without refusal.

The ad's on jerseys in Europe are needed though, as without them sides would fold. It's also more acceptable to have ad's on jerseys in Europe, FC Barcalona finally gave in a couple of years back.

That's the point though. It's not "unacceptable" in North America, it just hasn't happened yet (outside of minor leagues). Hockey is a business, and the owners will want to make more money by putting ads on jerseys.

Frankly, if paying $9 for a beer is "acceptable" in North America, then I think people will be able to get over having ads on jerseys.

I'm not in favor of it, but I don't think a player boycott is realistic.

Looks like the leak was right in regards to the Islanders new third jerseys

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779255&navid=DL|NYI|home

Tavares looks less than thrilled to be wearing that jersey. It is truly awful.

ugh - Islanders should stay away from black jerseys. Their blue and orange theme is essential to their identity. Black jerseys are the worst.

Re: Ads on jerseys - I wish I could believe Bettman but, I think we will ads on jerseys after the centennial season (2017) but, before 2020. Hope I'm wrong.

"Traditions Resonate Through Uniform"

Really? Are they serious?

There is an ad on the jersey already...an Adidas logo. We don't know the terms of their deal with the NHL but I bet it stipulates there won't be any other advertising on the jersey unless they get remunerated for it, and that's why Bettman had such a quick change of heart re: ads on jerseys.

Well when jersey customisers put their logo on jerseys, that was advertising too....

That was a way different time, ccm wasn't giving the nhl millions of dollars for the privilege of making their uniforms, it was the individual teams giving ccm money for uniforms back then.

I actually think it's pretty sharp, certainly better than their last black jersey. Not that it was hard to out-do that train wreck.

Not bad, but not great. The large numbers look better on this than on the sharks and kings jerseys from last year.

So just to clear up any confusion I am having, they are having these in addition to the new third jersey with the mountain or is this the same?

Not bad, but not great. The large numbers look better on this than on the sharks and kings jerseys from last year.

So just to clear up any confusion I am having, they are having these in addition to the new third jersey with the mountain or is this the same?

These are the Stadium Series jerseys. The one with the mountain is their new third jersey.

I don't like it at all. The crest looks like a donut with a bite taken out of it.

The idea is to make them easier for fans inside a baseball or football stadium to be able to see the numbers more easily, since they are typically quite a bit further away from the ice than in a NHL arena.

They don't worry too much when they name the game "Winter Classic" or "Heritage Classic".

Anyway, they look terrible. His arm numbers are almost as big as the entire logo.

Edited by Griff