2015-2016 New Jersey Watch

Hollywood Cannon

On a related note, this was what Barry posted about McDavid's injury and his jerseys:

Hi everybody,

As you probably know from my posts throughout the decades, I much prefer facts to speculation.

So with the questions raised on the front page of gameworn.us, I thought it a good idea NOT TO WAIT until my participation on the radio show on Nov. 15, and provide an update regarding the Oilers-MGG Game-Worn Jersey Program, as it relates to Connor McDavid and his unfortunate injury last night.

The Oilers consulted with MGG and planned for the jerseys McDavid will be wearing this season before the season began. To ensure proper authentication, and to insure that jerseys would be available to collectors, the Oilers' archives, the player, and the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation, they outlined this schedule:

--McDavid wore one white and one blue jersey in the preseason, both available through the program.

--McDavid wore four white jerseys in his NHL Debut on Oct. 8 at St. Louis. The warmup jersey was retained by the Oilers' archives. McDavid was given his first period jersey. MGG marketed the jerseys worn in the second and third periods.

--McDavid wore four orange jerseys in the team's Inaugural Orange game, McDavid's first NHL regular-season game in Edmonton, on Oct. 15 vs. St. Louis. The warmup jersey was retained by the Oilers' archives. McDavid was given his first period jersey. MGG marketed the jerseys worn in the second and third periods.

--McDavid wore four blue jerseys in his first game in blue, Oct. 21 vs. Detroit. The warmup jersey was retained by the Oilers' archives. McDavid was given his first period jersey. MGG has plans to market the jerseys worn in the second and third periods.

--McDavid was scheduled to wear two other Orange Retro jerseys over the course of the regular season for marketing by MGG, but due to his injury that will likely be reduced to one.

--McDavid was scheduled to wear 3-5 other White jerseys, Sets 1, 2 and 3 in 5-8 games each, over the course of the regular season, for marketing by MGG. That will likely be reduced to 3, assuming he recovers from his injury.

--McDavid was scheduled to wear 3-5 other Blue jerseys, Sets 1, 2 and 3 in 5-8 games each, over the course of the regular season, for marketing by MGG. That will likely be reduced to 3, assuming he recovers from his injury.

The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation for the last several seasons has earmarked two other games in which the Oilers wear a one-game set for charity. The entire team, including McDavid, wore a new blue set on Oct. 23 vs. Washington. That set is up for auction now at NHL Auctions. McDavid will likely miss the second game in which the EOCF wears a new set for a charity auction.

The potential for other Special Sets over the course of the regular season exists (including Glen Sather Night on Dec. 11), but with McDavid out it is unknown if he will wear any other jerseys this season. If he does, we will provide updates.

Thanks, Barry

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing the value. Yes people will pay exorbantly large sums for these still but honestly. Before his career is done there will be close to 400 gamers at this pace. I think its nice that there are options for everyone to get a piece of a high end player but then there is also the whole supply and demand arguement and what are these going to be worth when the market is flooded.

Killing the value. Yes people will pay exorbantly large sums for these still but honestly. Before his career is done there will be close to 400 gamers at this pace. I think its nice that there are options for everyone to get a piece of a high end player but then there is also the whole supply and demand arguement and what are these going to be worth when the market is flooded.

Doubtful they'd keep up that pace through his career. I'm assuming it's because it's his rookie year.

https://twitter.com/canadiensmtl/status/662706929408614400

Felt name/numbers. Someone posted: 'Globe jersey'.

Edited by Silverback53

I'm dying over here. Let's go already.

https://twitter.com/canadiensmtl/status/662721905539989504

There you go.

I love it. But I don't get the globes on the sleeves. That was done on the chest to signify them being World Champions in 1924. They were not in 2015. That's me nitpicking though. I still dig it and must have one.

Personally I am not into the white C on a white jersey. I was hoping for the red sweater-esque jersey. Pics of the Baron might change my mind on these....if he gets them, and I'm sure he will.

I love it. But I don't get the globes on the sleeves. That was done on the chest to signify them being World Champions in 1924. They were not in 2015. That's me nitpicking though. I still dig it and must have one.

Those also appear to be crappy premiere jerseys. Perhaps the gamers will be tweaked a little from these. I agree the globes look terrible.

LOL just read the comments:

"I'm preparing something special for my own equipment for the game, but I can't talk about it yet." - @PKSubban1

Nobody wants to see your equipment, man!

I like the new Canadiens jersey. There's not a ton they could do without deviating from the design. It is cool that it at least looks different enough from the home and away unlike Chicago's jersey last year (?) that looked extremely similar to their away jersey.

With that said, the only bad thing about it is that it is a Canadiens jersey.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, the Habs WC authentics do look way better. Would like to see them all done up, game ready.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/111826765844