2015-2016 New Jersey Watch

Hollywood Cannon

I fail to see how this is any different than teams wearing specialty uniforms honoring franchises of the past...i.e., Winter Classic.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they go straight up Rockies look it would be incredibly stupid. It's not even the same franchise.

I really doubt they would have the ability to use the logo anyway.

Edited by JoeM7392

I fail to see how this is any different than teams wearing specialty uniforms honoring franchises of the past...i.e., Winter Classic.

It doesn't have to be the same franchise. It's the colors of the Colorado State Flag.

I may not be thinking of it, but which team wore a Winter Classic jersey that celebrated the past of a different franchise?

If they just use the state flag colors and don't copy the Rockies jersey, i'm fine with that.

I may not be thinking of it, but which team wore a Winter Classic jersey that celebrated the past of a different franchise?

I actually had to look it up cuz I couldn't remember any either... And they both come from the 2014 Heritage Classic.

Vancouver (wearing the Millionaires jersey)

and

Ottawa (technically, that was a jersey of a DIFFERENT Ottawa Senators franchise)

Well at least neither of those franchises are still in the league. Celebrating the history of another still existing franchise seems dumb.

Either way it's stupid. There's no way they're going to be able to use the Rockies logo. I could see them just using the red/yellow C from the flag, but I have no idea why they would go for that look now.

"Hey guys, we have a great Jersey and color scheme, but let's make our thirds blue/white/red/yellow because flag!"

You do realize that you're a fan of a team that is named from a previous incarnation of the same title, yes?

See also Ottawa Senators and Winnipeg Jets. Sometimes it happens. Deal with it.

The professional-era Washington Capitals wore this jersey from 1974-95 as a tribute to the 2011 Winter Classic champions, whose shrew drafting of generational elite talents like Evgeny Kuznetsov, Andre Burakovsky, Tom Wilson, Filip Forsberg, Madison Bowey, and Jakub Vrana, will ensure continued domination of the Winter Classic for the next 10 years.

You do realize that you're a fan of a team that is named from a previous incarnation of the same title, yes?

See also Ottawa Senators and Winnipeg Jets. Sometimes it happens. Deal with it.

Nope, I had no idea that the devils franchise used to be the Rockies. You mean Chico resch didn't play for the avalanche in 1981?

And I'm dealing with it just fine. Actually going to a Colorado avalanche 3rd Jersey group therapy next month, should help me get over it.

Old Ottawa Senators have been defunct for about 80 years and the current jets are not using the same logos/ designs as the old one. Yeah I know they broke out the old jets jerseys for teemu night in Anaheim but that was just warmups.

The other teams like the millionaires have been defunct for almost a century now and they played in a different league, like the EHL devils. I don't think that's a good comparison.

Or more like a team hijacking the history of another franchise to promote their own.

More like this

or this

I like both of those actually.

Edited by slimcutta

I think Seattle is a longshot at getting the Coyotes if they move. My best guess would be Vegas or Quebec City.

Also while I don't think that concept of the Vegas jersey is bad, I have a feeling they will try to stay away from any sort of gambling references due to pressure from the NHL. I would say they go with something like the Bandits or Wranglers or something like that.

I read an interesting comment on twitter. Someone noted that if the team is forced to move it's extremely unlikely it will go to Seattle, Vegas, Quebec. The reason for this is that these are possible expansion locations, and the league stands to make something like an extra $500 million from an expansion team which they won't make by a relocation. Also the league seems to be pretty stubborn and persistent about the team staying in Arizona. Chances are the politicians there will get what they want and eventually the team will move to Phoenix and share an arena with the Suns.

I don't know what you'd do about realignment if you moved them to Quebec. You already have 16 teams in the East and 14 in the West. You move another Western Conference team to the East and then you'd have to move Detroit or Columbus back west I guess...probably Columbus, and then you still have to probably move Colorado to the Pacific Division.

There is already an arena built in Kansas City called the Sprint Center. Don't think that's not a huge factor being considered with any potential relocation talks.