2015-2016 New Jersey Watch

Hollywood Cannon

I don't know how the PA allowed this to go on as long as it has. Just think of the money the league would make having the coyotes move from Glendale to Quebec. The worst team financially would turn to one of the top ten overnight.

More money for the league means more money for player salaries.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Stars AHL jerseys coming: http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/06/11/texas-stars-update-logos-colours-to-match-dallas/

Whatever it looks like ... I want, want, want.

The only thing worse than parent-owned minor league clones is when the minor league visual identities lag behind the parent club. Good to see them get it together. Worcester and Texas were among the worst offenders.

As for the 'Yotes, it's always been pretty straight forward. The league doesn't want other municipalities balking at spending public money on new arenas. No matter how bad things get in Glendale, there were ways to try and make it work. Abandoning a top-15 U.S. media market less than five years into a new arena deal would have been a major black mark on the league. For the suits, that's way more important than "they don't even have ice there!"

As for Arizona's jerseys, I thought they were awesome with waist stripes (2003-07). It's a small change, but now they look like glorified practice jerseys (see also: Sharks, San Jose).

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed from a person within the organization that I know.. Let's leave it at that.. No need to get this individual in trouble with Kroenke.. Lol

I call BS.. Im sorry they will not use a logo from another franchise..

I call BS.. Im sorry they will not use a logo from another franchise..

LOL...Call BS all you want.. I never said they are going to use a "logo" from another franchise. I was told they are going with a Colorado Rockies themed 3rd which would mean that they use the colors and style of the old Colorado Rockies.

Edited by enzo269

Predictable but I like it.

That was the same as the white they already had the last few years right? Simple but effective, wish the devils would follow that thinking and release the white and green in an edge cut.

I don't know why they don't just finally embrace this and do that style full time. It's what everyone wants anyway so just do it.

Caps have a long history of not giving their fans what they want.

Guam in 3.2.1.

Yeah but they should still do it. It's not as if they've ever won anything in the current EDGE set. Go back to the version that you were so successful in for so many years.

Well, they should do it anyway.

It's not as if they've ever won anything in the current EDGE set.

We got 2 Winter Classic World Championships bro, how many you got? Thought so.

We lost that one against LA, but that was just preseason, which is when the Caps play their best playoff hockey.

Nice. I like it. Now make it the home and the old third the away.

Did anyone get a look at the back of the jersey? Is it still Reebok branded or CCM?

EDIT: yup, still Reebok

Edited by dsl135

Nice. I like it. Now make it the home and the old third the away.

Did anyone get a look at the back of the jersey? Is it still Reebok branded or CCM?

Still Reebok

Caps have gone the furthest wearing their blue, bronze, and white set...so....

I like this look personally, and it's no surprise. I keep trying to tell people, they're NEVER going to go with a navy alt, and they're NEVER going to go with the weagle as a crest. I'd even go so far as to say that we'll NEVER see the WC jerseys again as anything other than a one-game alt (that pretty much covers all the bases that people on other forums are saying).

I've listed these reasons before, but here goes:

1. The Caps place a HUGE emphasis on the color red at home. I'm talking lighting, signage, everything. Their home motto has been "Rock the red" for a while now, and it's not letting up. There are a few other teams that do this, of course, as well. So you won't see them "rocking the red" in the burgundy WCs, or a navy, or the old black, blue and bronze. Nope. Not gonna happen unless there's a total rebrand.

2. The Weagle isn't a chest logo. Wasn't designed to be one. The weagle has two versions, with the head pointed left and right, and on the shoulders the head is always pointed toward the front. It's an homage to military uniform code - if there's an eagle on the shoulders, it's head is facing forward. If there's a flag, the stars are facing front (even if that makes the flag backward from the side). So how the heck do you make it a chest crest when there isn't one logo?! I've seen T-shirts with it on them, and it does look like the right-facing version gets more play, but it's still not designed for anything other than a shoulder patch.

It's Fra-gi-le.

Sounds Italian