2015-2016 New Jersey Watch

Hollywood Cannon

This is cool. They should do a companion video showing young kids in poorly lit warehouses in Indonesia creating the crap they sell fans as "authentics"

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will one of you haters please explain the angst toward Colorado's new shoulder patch? I don't understand it. To me, it's a solid change and even the throwback reference to the Rockies doesn't bother me.

People (mainly Devils' fans, seemingly) don't like that the Avalanche are "honoring" a franchise that wasn't a part of their history (since the Rockies became the Devils).

The thing is... it's not the Rockies logo. It's the symbol from the Colorado state flag, which the Rockies also incorporated.

I think people also just really liked the yeti footprint.

People (mainly Devils' fans, seemingly) don't like that the Avalanche are "honoring" a franchise that wasn't a part of their history (since the Rockies became the Devils).

The thing is... it's not the Rockies logo. It's the symbol from the Colorado state flag, which the Rockies also incorporated.

I think people also just really liked the yeti footprint.

If the Avs put a patch of the complete state flag like Calgary does with the Alberta flag, then I don't think there would be an issue. Instead they just took the C part which is exactly what the Rockies did.

I am not a fan of franchises now taking the identity of other franchises but happen to play in the same place. I know Vancouver, Ottawa and even to an extent Washington have recently done it with their uniforms, but I just find it silly and more of hijacking another team's identity. I know the Jet's took on the name of the previous Jet's, but they have a totally different uniform and do not pretend to have some sort of connection to the old Jets.

I'm not offended by it at all. I think it looks poor in that color scheme and obviously bright blue and yellow on a purple Jersey would have been worse. The avs have always had one of my favorite jerseys and the yeti foot was a part of that.

I do feel like maybe the full state flag would have been maybe better? I understand that it's the state flag and I got over thinking they were jacking the Rockies style, I just honestly don't think it looks any good.

Oh well, could be worse I guess.

If they want to honor Colorado just put the entire flag there. No need to hijack a design from the Rockies where they just took the C part.

i don't like the color scheme either, but that's really where my objections to it end. As long as they aren't basically making a Rockies jersey and wearing it, I am fine with that.

Ironically, if they did like the Jets did, I wouldn't care. If they came into the league, named their team the Rockies, and wanted to carry on that way, I would have no problem with it. Stuff like that is more for the fans anyway. Winnipeg lost their team, and when a team came back, they wanted to bring back what they lost. I can respect that.

Can I get a show of hands...is anyone who's not a Devils fan offended by this?

Because if there is a team's history that anyone would want to hijack, it's gotta be the one that was so irrelevant that it ended up having to move to the armpit of America.

Because if there is a team's history that anyone would want to hijack, it's gotta be the one that was so irrelevant that it ended up having to move to the armpit of America.

At least they have the New Jersey Giants and Jets. They even share the same stadium.

Does anybody happen to know or have an idea on when the new Canadiens jersey will become available?

Replicas? Probably close to the season.

Authentics? Maybe by Christmas.

Sorry yes I was referring to authentics. Is that around the time the new blues started popping up last year?

Edited by Jdems93

They have a preorder right now. Go to their site and there should be a banner that takes you to their store site. Says they should ship in September I believe, and comes with some 'extras' whatever that means. I did ask about the price if it converts to USD or not and they said it will, so it should only be ~240 USD roughly plus shipping I assume. Considering getting one myself obviously ?

Wait a minute...when did turtle become king of the river?? Was I not in when that vote took place? Because I would have gone with like alligator or water moccasin or hippo or even capybara before the friggin turtle.

Wait a minute...when did turtle become king of the river?? Was I not in when that vote took place? Because I would have gone with like alligator or water moccasin or hippo or even capybara before the friggin turtle.

He who wears the crown...

Pretty much all they did was update their original look from when they were in the CHL. It doesn't look bad but the turtle and green will be missed.

chl--memphis_riverkings_1994.gif

The Ottawa thing looks really bad, like really, REALLY bad.

And I didn't know the riverkings were even a team, but I already miss the turtle. Turtles are underappreciated animals, they deserve their spot on a cartoony minor league jersey.

Not too exciting, but if anyone wanted a visual of the 25th anniversary patch on all jersey variations, here ya go:

19395774480_7328094528.jpg