2015-2016 New Jersey Watch

Hollywood Cannon

It's definitely not a hoax either because you can see the other ones in the bags on the floor there. It's always one step forward and two steps back with this franchise.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the Islanders might have the worst series of third jerseys in the history of the NHL. Just awful.

That's so, so bad. I can already picture the press release that will go out - "..we honor the heritage of the franchise with four stripes on the sleeves representing the four Cups...

I really can't even imagine how they were able to come up with something so awful. I figured it would be bad, but not like this. Disgusting is really the best word, and I'm not sure I've ever used that to describe a jersey. This makes the turd burger look ok.

Edited by JoeM7392

I don't so much mind the black and white theme since you knew it was coming, I just can't get past the stripes on the sleeves. Something different there with maybe some orange and blue thicker designed stripes would have been sharp

If you mean better than their last BLACK alternate, then yeah probably, but better than their Stadium Series that became their last alternate? I don't think so.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I forgot they wore those SS jerseys beyond the outdoor game.

When I first saw it yesterday, I had the same reaction as this girl at the end of the video:

Now I do not think it is all that bad. The collar sucks though.

You had to know they were going to do exactly that to mimic the crappy Nets uniforms too, so sad.

Yeah but there would be so many cooler ways to do a black & white jersey.

Ouch. This and the isles third are not making for a good year of new jerseys.

Pretty accurate to what Icethetics posted a couple weeks back.

I still think the Ducks would look better if the triangle behind the Duck mask was a different color to stand out more, but I like the return of the Mighty Duck for sure.

The Avs, eh... I don't think it's that bad, but it's definitely not great.

I think the Avs jersey is alright, but the logo just messes it up. And like many have already said, the return of the Mighty Duck logo is good, but the background color doesn't look good. Also, I'm not a fan of orange jerseys, so I'm a bit disappointed with the jersey.

What's with the straight laces trend? They look so much worse than normal laces.

Yup, I agree with the above:

1) Mighty Ducks logo good, the rest of it, not so much.

2) Avs is ok, but not great. Kind of just there.

3) The straight laces are stupid. I don't mind regular laces at all, but those are just dumb.

Mighty ducks logo is the only nice thing here, and they used an awful background color for it.

And yeah, nice straight laces. Whoever thought of that should be fired.

Edited by JoeM7392

Yeah, I think that Avs third is okay. Logo is pretty big in that picture, but I think it's okay.

Something different.

Ducks - meh. Not a huge fan of their colour scheme in the first place.

Orange is nice, but the striping bothers me.

I actually like the Avs one quite a bit. I think it's an interesting modern take without beating you over the head with chrome logos and diagonal stripes and jagged hems trying to make the jersey look "fast" like the Stadium Series jerseys. It's almost like a minimalist jersey, just with a lot more going on than the new black and white Isles third. It's clean, simple, and I really like the logo. For a more modern logo design, for me, it beats the pants off any of the busy, aggressive logos of the last 20 years (Panthers, Predators, Sharks, minor league teams). It almost looks modern and classic at the same time. To me, the regular Avalanche logo is starting to look a little dated/90's. I think it's a nice update to the old Rockies logo. I'm interested to see how they look with the socks and rest of the uniforms, I'll reserve my final judgement until then.

Edited by Lazermcblazer

I get it.....it is a subliminal leak on a future trade......

The new ducks third make you look like a pylon.....and what better advert for your new 3rd jersey than perennial pylon Dion Phaneuf

Plus it looks like the Leafs were strictly making trades with the Ducks only while Burkie was there anyway...