Suggestions for numbering a Doughty 2015 ASG jersey

cheetahspeed

Hi everyone, I picked up a premier replica for the wife to get done up as a #8 Doughty. I decided to go the cheap route since Baron doesn't have have extra Kings patches for the Team Foligno jerseys.

Any suggestions on where to get it numbered? TeamLA store can do it (or at least could when asked 2 months ago). I'm ok with them. It probably won't be great but it'll be good enough. But is there another place which can do a nicer job and get it back to me by mid-July for a birthday present?

You'd be cutting it close timeframe wise but EPS usually nails the all stars jerseys. They do good work.

You could at least send Josh an email and see if he thinks he can turn it around in a month for you, he may be able to help you out.

Edited by JoeM7392

I agree that EPS would be a great place to get it done, but as JoeM said, you'd be cutting it close timewise.

I didn't like the ones I saw at TeamLA at all. The numbers were this rubbery-textured material, and the patches weren't sewn down. I don't think the nameplate letters were stitched either, iirc.

Definitely call first. I didn't remember seeing any left near the end of the season. Even if they did have any, you'd have to find out if they would even be on display on the day you go.

Good point. We asked a couple months ago and they still had Doughty kits at that time and could letter a jersey. I'll call tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed that I speak with somebody knowledgeable. Then I can drive over there.

Oh I forgot you already got the jersey- then I guess you don't need to worry about the merchandise being on display- my bad.

Based upon what you said, I'd still like to check one out and make sure they aren't total crap. If they are good enough (and really just looking for decent), then I'll probably go with Team LA. The wife isn't as picky as I am. I am frustrated by the low quality of the customization-- nameplates, bad "A" font for guys like Kopitar, etc.-- but she just wants an all-star of Doughty.

I found a couple of pics I took of the ASG patches on the Premiers at TeamLA. The ones from EPS are much darker and probably look more like the gamer ones. You can see a bit of the arm numbers too; they don't look stitched down either.

image_zpsunoby3y8.jpg

image_zpsfxd86ta1.jpg

Edited by LAK74

I found a couple of pics I took of the ASG patches on the Premiers at TeamLA. The ones from EPS are much darker and probably look more like the gamer ones. You can see a bit of the arm numbers too; they don't look stitched down either.

Can you post the pictures of the EPS ones? And no, nothing was stitched on from Team LA. I wouldn't get yours done there if you're going the heat pressed route, they will mess it up like they did mine and most others I saw at the store. See my pictures in the thread below.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=7143&p=156991

Edited by christhn