MeiGray Group Expo 2015 - July 18, 2015

mfitz804

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I wonder if not doing the regular bogo or 50% off this time around is going to hurt sales.

Me personally, I would not make a purchase during this sale simply for the fact they chose to skimp out on the discount amount.

As the jerseys are getting older and some going unsold for, like, forever - they should give more discount than that, imho.

As the jerseys are getting older and some going unsold for, like, forever - they should give more discount than that, imho.

Yea, its incredibly counterintuitive... Jerseys don't sell? Offer less of a discount!

Have to wonder if the summer flash sale impacted their thinking.

Now that was a sale! But good call, maybe the holiday sale has to compensate for that?

Its not really Black Friday at 35% off.

I think that older jerseys are much like older cars. They start high, depreciate with time, and then magically hit a nostalgia era in 15-20 years and become valuable again.

However id argue that the mass amounts of unsold jerseys are not equivalent to my analogy above. These should at minimum be sitting at 50% discounts.

The jersey I was counting on being 50% off is only 20% off.

As I already spent the money on something else, that kind of worked out for me.

The jersey I was counting on being 50% off is only 20% off.

As I already spent the money on something else, that kind of worked out for me.

Yep, very disappointed in the sale. My cash has gone elsewhere.

I've been disappointed by their sales for the last few years. Their last full 50% off sale was during the last lockout I believe. Since then has been B1G1 at best or 40%. To know go down to 35% makes it very easy to not but anything, especially since they have very little I am interested in to begin with.

While 20 jerseys would make you one of the smaller collections at the expo, I've seen smaller. Plus they have plenty of non-NHL stuff there, so you wouldn't be out of place.

Quite honestly I would be fascinated to see your collection there as I have gone every year the past 5-6 years and haven't seen an FHL focused table there ever. They usually have one or two tables available up until about a week or two before the expo, so not a huge rush. I think they usually start making calls about collectors tables in the April/may timeframe anyways.

In short, I'd say go for it.