Customization Frustration

foppa21

I dunno. I just got an order back, and although I didn't really inspect the nameplate material because I have trouble telling the difference without someone else telling me, I don't see any real problems with any of the stuff I got back, aside from maybe the letters on my 09 ASG jersey being a bit too thick. Then again, most of the stuff I had them do was All Stars, which should be the same as the league standard lettering. My Winter Classic jerseys came out fine as far as I can tell, and I wouldn't have used them if I didn't have to, but Arena Wear didn't have felt so I was left with no choice.

Customization is an exercise in frustration. There is little worse than doing your homework and spending good money on customization where you have been explicit on exactly what you want... and then you get back an absolute fiasco. I hate it. If I wanted something to look like crap, I could order from China for $40. I feel for you foppa and I hope things work out acceptably in the end.

I don't see any real problems with any of the stuff I got back, aside from maybe the letters on my 09 ASG jersey being a bit thick.

I think the letters EPS used on your jersey are the correct size, as used on the majority of the players. But on a few players with long names (Lecavalier for sure, and probably Lundqvist as well) the official customizer condensed the letters by compacting them sideways only. The height of the letters is still the same but they appear thinner and more rectangular. EPS apparently didn't take that into account. To be honest, I don't think they would have done that even if you had asked for it, so your jersey probably turned out as well as one could hope for.

That's a great photo; I couldn't get anywhere near as good a look watching the game video.

It apparently belongs to a Rangers executive, so they had it on display in a mobile truck that they use for events and I had to snap a pic. Never hurts to get some up close pictures of a rare gamer.

IMG_20150504_144833480.jpg

IMG_20150504_144830702.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see the color bleeding on the numbers in that 09 Lundqvist all-star jersey. I have a Komisarek jersey from the same game, and the same thing is showing on it. Wonder why that happened.