Steve Yzerman 1980's Team Issued Eastside Jersey

The_Dude_Abides

Hey fellas. Got this one back from Locker Room Sports in Allen Park Michigan today. It's my mid to late 80's Steve Yzerman team issued home jersey. The guys did an amazing job cleaning it up for me. When I bought it, there was heavy evidence if a previous, out of position Yzerman custom job...probably came from Eastside like that and was never actually worn. The previous owner must have had it stripped and placed correctly...but left heavy outlines. The guys at Locker Room spent HOURS reviving it. It looks amazing!

http://s76.photobucket.com/user/grenieradam/library/Yzerman%20Team%20Issued?sort=3&src=wap&page=1

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to break it to ya, but the name is off...the arch should be more arched, and the Z is wrong. Up until at least '94, judging by this guy - http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1993_94_Steve_Yzerman_Detroit_Red_Wings_Game_Worn_Jersey_Team_Letter-6686-153.html

...they didn't cut the angles on the top right and bottom left corners until the mid-90s at some point.

Also not sure if it's an actual team issued, as I know folks who've had the EASTSIDE logo added after the fact, and if it was customized incorrectly to begin with, likely not Eastsides who did it.

Also, 'cause I'm a jurk like that, it's a road jersey :P

Thanks for your input and nitpickery.

The guy I bought it from said that it might have been a pre-season jersey. Based on what the previous owner told him.

It was stripped and re'Yzerman'd because whomever customized it originally, stitched all of the numbers and name lettering about an inch and a half too low. You could see all the evidence before because the outlines were never given any time and attention to be removed. All outlines have since been removed.

Is it a true Team-issued? I'm not 100% sure. I'm going off of what I was told when I bought it. Trying to track down that kind of information is next to impossible for me.

I'm not sure if something like this could even be purchased back in the 80's. I have no idea how many were made. I would love to have access to production numbers of vintage jerseys but I don't. Not even sure where too look.

With all that being said, when I was given the chance to buy this, I couldn't pass it up. It's not every day that something like this surfaces. I personally love the jersey...regardless of wrong angles. It's something that would probably never leave my collection.