Sign in to follow this  
SteveNJ

Names on Sticks

So, I went down to my local sports authority and saw the following names on youth hockey sticks:

-Jagr

-Recchi

-Giguere

-Primeau

-Forsberg

So, I went down to my local sports authority and saw the following names on youth hockey sticks:

-Jagr

-Recchi

-Giguere

-Primeau

-Forsberg

Meh - it's only partially off. Giguere, Forsberg and Jagr are fine, the Recchi and Primeau are a little odd at this point. I see a lot of Sakic, Lindros, Forsberg, Jagr, Crosby and Coffey in non-hockey-specific sporting goods stores, like ######'s and Sports Authority. I recently tried out Ovechkin and Datsyuk's curves. Ovechkin's is actually pretty nice. I used a Gagne curve for a few years, but the majority of my sticks are Kovalchuk's today. I like to stick with Bauer though. The Ovechkin and Datsyuk blades went on Vapor one pieces that I'd broken and converted to two pieces.

Ignore what was here. I misread the original post.

Hm. Just noticed that these forums edited out the name of the sporting goods store I mentioned (d-i-c-k's). I guess it's a no-no word here. :lol:

I never pick up my gear in sporting goods stores. I try to stick to my local pro-shop which has a small, but high-end selection. I will pick up Sherwood Coffey sticks for shooting around outside in the winter with neighborhood kids and in my driveway when I'm bored. When it's cold enough I pour water onto a large cookie sheet to make a thin sheet of ice to shoot off of. I'm such a kid.

Edit: you didn't mean to say they've got Giguere on a player stick, did you? That would be pretty bad... :blink:

Hm. Just noticed that these forums edited out the name of the sporting goods store I mentioned (d-i-c-k's). I guess it's a no-no word here. :lol:

I never pick up my gear in sporting goods stores. I try to stick to my local pro-shop which has a small, but high-end selection. I will pick up Sherwood Coffey sticks for shooting around outside in the winter with neighborhood kids and in my driveway when I'm bored. When it's cold enough I pour water onto a large cookie sheet to make a thin sheet of ice to shoot off of. I'm such a kid.

When I played I used Sherwood sticks all the time. I just liked the feel of them more than any other stick.

When I played I used Sherwood sticks all the time. I just liked the feel of them more than any other stick.

I like Sherwoods but the composites eventually won me over. The Vapor sticks just have a great feel.

Actually, I fixed it now. This is due to the badwords filter on the forum. We have no problem with other retailers being mentioned. But if the store happens to share it's name with the male reproductive organ.... well, sorry - not much we can do about that! ;)

Actually, I fixed it now. This is due to the badwords filter on the forum. We have no problem with other retailers being mentioned. But if the store happens to share it's name with the male reproductive organ.... well, sorry - not much we can do about that! ;)

I wasn't surprised it was edited after I read it, but I hadn't thought about it when posting. It just amused me.

most sticks w/player names rarely have the same pattern..though it appears that way

all player composite sticks are custom..they dont even doctor them anymore

its only the players that still use the wood blades or full wood sticks ( Spezza) who doctor the blades

All major manufacturers do offer custom sticks, though you usually have to order a minimum 3-6

They will put your name and custom colors

In goal sticks i have:

Canadien/Dryden

Koho/Roy

Sherwood/Theodore

Bauer/Richter

My own sticks are custom Nike/Bauer 7500 Goalstick lie 14/27'' paddle

villavelocity

A while back I used custom sticks, but lately I have been shopping around for "pro-stock" composites that are available on some sites. These are excess sticks, custom made for various players in the NHL. They're the same quality as the stuff sold with a "Forsberg" or "Sakic" curve, but they come from players far less known and are nearly half the price. It's true what you said about the curves never really being accurate to the name their stickered with either - for the most part it's just more marketing ploys. I remember the good old days of customizing my own curves. Haven't done that in quite a few years now though.

In goal sticks i have:

Canadien/Dryden

Koho/Roy

Sherwood/Theodore

Bauer/Richter

My own sticks are custom Nike/Bauer 7500 Goalstick lie 14/27'' paddle

villavelocity

my old school koho was a tugnutt or barasso, i forget, but it was a penguin because it had the yellow and black.

my itech sticks were customized. sure it looked cool to have my name on it at the park rink but it wasnt worth the money, lol.

I have Recchi's name on my stick (CCM Vector)

I've seen so many players names on sticks, can't even name 'em all...Numminen, Thornton, Forsberg, Sakic, Bondra, Modano, etc etc...

my old school koho was a tugnutt or barasso, i forget, but it was a penguin because it had the yellow and black.

my itech sticks were customized. sure it looked cool to have my name on it at the park rink but it wasnt worth the money, lol.

JARRED!

It's Quack...

Does anyone know of any online hockey retailers that still sell Sherwood sticks with the Bondra curve? I feel like earlier this year, I saw a bunch of them on various sites, but last month, I couldn't find one anywhere.

Are you looking for a Bondra curve specifically or are you just looking for the pattern? If its just the pattern, then try MODSquadHockey.com. They have a full database of curves so you can find something similar, but I'm guessing based on your avatar, then you actually want Bondra on the stick. Either way, the folks over there are very knowledgeable about where to get stuff. They'll tell you to check your local shop, but someone should point you in the right direction to an online place.

Edit: you didn't mean to say they've got Giguere on a player stick, did you? That would be pretty bad... :blink:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did/does this. My dad used to love that the garage door had dents and rubber streaks all over it.

i use ccm & Easton....

i just recently picked up 4 CCM 1 piece composite w/ lecavalier curves ... and i picked up 2 recchi blades to put on my 2 easton 2 piecers...