Swiss Jersey 1990's

Suisse1990s001.jpg

Suisse1990s007.jpg

I'd appreciate any help on this Swiss jersey from the 1990's. It's a Nike authentic, size 56, with fighting strap and screened logos. Does anyone know what years this was worn?

verrrryy coool jersey you have there.. I believe this is from approx 96 "world cup style".. I have Italia home and away in that style...

http://sports.webshots.com/album/559396255HLQcmY

I'd appreciate any help on this Swiss jersey from the 1990's. It's a Nike authentic, size 56, with fighting strap and screened logos. Does anyone know what years this was worn?

The "1996 World Cup Style" is correct. I've seen those style "flowing flag" jerseys for countries that did not participate in the 96 World Cup, so I'd have to assume those were also worn during the IIHF World Championships at the same time. I'm not sure if those were used in 1995 or 1997, but by 1998 they had new designs for the Nagano Olympics.

My guess would be that they debuted at the 1996 World Cup in September of 96, meaning they were probably used for the World Championships in spring 97 and perhaps also the Worlds in spring 98 at the latest before being replaced by the Nagano styles. They most likely wouldn't have been worn any earlier than Sept. 1996.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. I thought that I had saw a picture of David Aebisher wearing that jersey the year that Switzerland won the bronze in the World Juniors. It's certainly one of my rarest jerseys that I have. I just happened to stumble across this jersey in a store in Windsor, ONT a few years back.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. I thought that I had saw a picture of David Aebisher wearing that jersey the year that Switzerland won the bronze in the World Juniors. It's certainly one of my rarest jerseys that I have. I just happened to stumble across this jersey in a store in Windsor, ONT a few years back.

Now that Aebischer is a Yote, I feel compelled to track one of these down, even a replica. B)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. I thought that I had saw a picture of David Aebisher wearing that jersey the year that Switzerland won the bronze in the World Juniors.

It's certainly possible he wore the flowing flag style at the World Juniors one last time if they were held in the current time slot of late Dec. & early January with the new styles debuting at the Olympics in February.

Now that Aebischer is a Yote, I feel compelled to track one of these down, even a replica. B)

That was one of the reasons that I got interested in the SUISSE jerseys. There was a picture of all the member of the Avs going to Salt Lake, and Abby was wearing his Swiss jersey. So I got a replica of that red one. Then I found this one, then I was able to get both the red and white Salt Lake jerseys in authentic. I also have a replica of the red 2005 Swiss jersey with the lace up neck. The SUISSE logos are also on the shoulders. For Torino, they replaced those patches with square white cross (their flag) patches. For this World championship, they were the last country to switch to the Swift jersey.

That was one of the reasons that I got interested in the SUISSE jerseys. There was a picture of all the member of the Avs going to Salt Lake, and Abby was wearing his Swiss jersey. So I got a replica of that red one. Then I found this one, then I was able to get both the red and white Salt Lake jerseys in authentic. I also have a replica of the red 2005 Swiss jersey with the lace up neck. The SUISSE logos are also on the shoulders. For Torino, they replaced those patches with square white cross (their flag) patches. For this World championship, they were the last country to switch to the Swift jersey.

I have the the 2002 Salt Lake style (with the Rangers style shoulder stripes) done as a "M. GERBER" #26 (a rather unusual goalie number) and have just added the Tissot sponsor patches to the shoulders to make it from the World Championships.

My tie-neck is at the customizers to be done as an AEBISCHER #40 with the Tissot patches as well, plus I've given them instructions to make the Swiss flag shoulder patches over the "Suisse" shoulder patches for the World Championships again.

post-114-1185338330_thumb.jpg

post-114-1185338340_thumb.jpg

I have the the 2002 Salt Lake style (with the Rangers style shoulder stripes) done as a "M. GERBER" #26 (a rather unusual goalie number) and have just added the Tissot sponsor patches to the shoulders to make it from the World Championships.

My tie-neck is at the customizers to be done as an AEBISCHER #40 with the Tissot patches as well, plus I've given them instructions to make the Swiss flag shoulder patches over the "Suisse" shoulder patches for the World Championships again.

Jeff, where on earth do you find the Tissot patches? I have searched the obvious places.

Jeff, where on earth do you find the Tissot patches? I have searched the obvious places.

Made 'em myself. ;)

I found the logos on Brands of the World, changed the elements around to match the formatting of the original patch, printed it on Epson Transfer Paper and had the design ironed onto white twill material and had 'em sewn on.

I've also made Innsbruck/Tirol and Oddset sponsor patches for my USA and Denmark jerseys that way as well as other NHL patches I've never been able to buy. They usually turn out ok and look good from a couple of feet away, which is the distance that most people see them from anyway.

Here's an example of another one I faked.

2550000680100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Made 'em myself. ;)

I found the logos on Brands of the World, changed the elements around to match the formatting of the original patch, printed it on Epson Transfer Paper and had the design ironed onto white twill material and had 'em sewn on.

After coming up with a big goose egg, I thought, "maybe I can make one". That's plenty of work, finding white twill material, EPSON transfer paper, etc. but now I have some direction. I'm not too skilled with things like that, so I may pass on doing it. You can probably guess that I tracked down a jersey to make into an Aebischer 40 jersey. I found pictures of him in Suisse jerseys that have the Tissot patches and pics without the patch. When I'm walking around Jobing.com Arena with it on, I don't think most people will have a clue that there's no Tissot patch. A lot probably won't understand what "Suisse" is. :D

After coming up with a big goose egg, I thought, "maybe I can make one". That's plenty of work, finding white twill material, EPSON transfer paper, etc. but now I have some direction. I'm not too skilled with things like that, so I may pass on doing it. You can probably guess that I tracked down a jersey to make into an Aebischer 40 jersey. I found pictures of him in Suisse jerseys that have the Tissot patches and pics without the patch. When I'm walking around Jobing.com Arena with it on, I don't think most people will have a clue that there's no Tissot patch. A lot probably won't understand what "Suisse" is. :D

The pics with are most certainly from the World Championships and those without are most likely the Olympics, but you probably already knew that. The other thing to look out for is the IIHF patch on the back bottom hem. Anyone happen to have a source for those aside from River City Sports? My previous source for the old style dried up and I think RCS's are remakes that didn't have a finished edge like my other ones. I've only seen the new style on ebay once and those didn't look 100% right either. The letters weren't bold enough.

JeffB

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Do you have this one already? Reebok B) ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/634-ICE-HOCKEY-GAME-WO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Also has a couple of white flowing flag ones which look amazing. Even a #29 which I consider my personal number (birthday and old housenumber) ...

And at least I now know my Finland is genuine (also asked the seller and he bought it in a Nike outlet ten years ago):

http://cgi.ebay.com/624-ICE-HOCKEY-GAME-WO...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/641-ICE-HOCKEY-GAME-WO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Especially the second one's pictures make it clear with the same tags and the same crest material.