One jersey every fan should have

Flyers845

Self drying jersey, a la the jacket in Back To The Future II.

"Jersey drying...*ding*...Your jersey is now dry."

Although, Dr. Puck's impermeable jersey makes a lot of sense also. Just squeegee them off and it's good as new.

Just out of fun what's a jersey that every fan should have? Would it be a Gretzky?

No, fudge Gretzky. Jagr all the way.

One of Mike Sillinger, Jim Dowd, Dominic Moore, or Randy Robitaille.

Unless you're a fan of Carolina, Dallas, Washington, or Winnipeg, your team has suited up at least one of those players. And if you're an Islanders or Flyers fan, you have three of these to choose from.

Red Army or Soviet National Team Kharlamov. Canada couldn't stop him in '72 until Bobby Clarke purposely broke his leg. He would have had Gretzky like numbers if he'd been able to play in the NHL.

Tretiak is right up there too, if we're talking Soviets.

It's such a subjective question though, based on when you grew up, who your idols were...what position you played or had a fondness for. I always played goalie, so I gravitated that way.

As far as the classics? Yeah, Gretzky definitely. Orr. Howe. Richard.

For me, man, despite my Caps playing against him for so many years, I'd love a Hasek Sabres "Buffalo Head" black jersey. Loved those jerseys growing up, and dang was he good in his prime. Nothing like him (at least, to a 12-year old me, anyway).

a green Joffa Flyers practice jersey

You won the thread. Even though you spelled Jofa wrong.

Edited by mfitz804

fixed! stupid phone

Don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure "Joffa" was how that idiot spelled it in his grammatically abortioned eBay listing.

careful, them be fighting words! he might report you to Ebay, IJforums mods, THE INTERNET POLICE!

Obama owns eBay.

Don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure "Joffa" was how that idiot spelled it in his grammatically abortioned eBay listing.

Could be true.