2002 Team Canada Black Alternate...Do They Exist?

The_Dude_Abides

Hey fellas, I have been looking for one of these jerseys in a size 52-56 for quite a while. I've never seen one for sale...ever. I've seen plenty of replicas but never an authentic.

Question...does anyone know where I can find one of these? Has anyone ever seen one? We're they ever even made for retail sale?

Thanks guys.

53436310-mario-lemieux-of-team-canada-wa

I saw a Thornton and a Gagne for sale in the past on eBay.....haven't shown up too often though......you might have to wait a while until you see another....

Thanks for the info man...that gives me some hope knowing they are indeed out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Even the replicas are hard to find, with the exception of the one eBay seller that has an inexhaustible supply of brand new ones for $200+ each.

Yah that guy on ebay is selling some weird jerseys. The aren't the same as the Nike replicas. They are way oversized, have glued on crests and are sublimated. I bought one a couple years ago.

I'm remaining hopefully optimistic that I'll find an authentic some day...fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one of the black ones he sells, it wasn't sublimated but it was cut weird, too wide (would still have been fine) and shorter than usual. I wound up selling it because of how short it was.

Those are still my favorite Canada jerseys, either the black alt or the red.