Sign in to follow this  
mfitz804

A "jersey collecting is an illness" thread.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SoNowWhat? said:

but I'm basically chasing things I missed out on in my youth due to geography and lack of funds. I'm trying to stay relatively targeted.

More relevance. You're in Aus as well right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

More relevance. You're in Aus as well right?

Yes mate I am.

Sorry, what was the "more relevance" in relation to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too easy mate, we should maybe team up on JB deals in future.

I was referring to geographical location and lack of funds; it was so hard to get jerseys here for so long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Too easy mate, we should maybe team up on JB deals in future.

I was referring to geographical location and lack of funds; it was so hard to get jerseys here for so long

I feel your pain. Might be able to team up yes, though I'm not purchasing that often. Trying to stay focused.

Where are you? I'm in Bris-Vegas. Won't be supporting the Knights though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sydney mate. I've been pretty active lately, my bank account could use a hiatus. Was more thinking of any clearances.

What are you focused on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, redwingsdownunder said:

Sydney mate. I've been pretty active lately, my bank account could use a hiatus. Was more thinking of any clearances.

What are you focused on?

My focus is 1990-93 ultrafil authentics/GW/GI/TI (which is not likely to come through JB I know). In addition I'd like a 90/91 North Stars GI/GW (if only they were ultrafil those jerseys would be perfect) if possible, no particular player. I believe I'm not alone there.

Am thinking I should get a McDavid (blue). It just seems the right thing to do but, not a high priority.

Having said that, I'm still thinking about Pens GI/TIs from last season. I have one (home cup final GI), and am thinking I should get a matching away from the playoffs (since Cup finals were given to the players) which is going to hammer me funds wise if I even manage it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Yep, not gonna be a JB issue anytime soon.

Definitely not alone in your desire to own Ultrafil jerseys.

Bonza :P

 

I ship to the UK and that's a pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this thread.  Makes me feel like I'm among friends.  This post made me laugh.
 

V4rbmaW.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I like this thread.  Makes me feel like I'm among friends.  This post made me laugh.
 

 

You really had to go there? I just can't explain how I went from being an angry Bruins fan (suck, 2010) to a connoisseur of all things Philadelphia. 

I am here to say, though, I will never own a Vancouver jersey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

You really had to go there? I just can't explain how I went from being an angry Bruins fan (suck, 2010) to a connoisseur of all things Philadelphia. 

I am here to say, though, I will never own a Vancouver jersey. 

Someone jump in the DeLorean, go to 2019, find the old Dr_Puck from the future, and see if he has any Vancouver jerseys, please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I have a problem.  I never feel completely satisfied.  I have 5 new jerseys that I will be posting soon once I get them all ready.  One is very rare, some have been ones that have been on my want list that I finally found. But the hunt continues.  Lately, I have been on a eBay slump.  Some jerseys that I have missed out on that I wish I would have won. And when I miss out on one, I get this stupid depressed feeling.  Why didn't I bid more, that jersey should have been mine, blah...blah...blah.

"My name is Brent and I am a jersey addict." 

That felt so good to admit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I know I have a problem.  I never feel completely satisfied.  I have 5 new jerseys that I will be posting soon once I get them all ready.  One is very rare, some have been ones that have been on my want list that I finally found. But the hunt continues.  Lately, I have been on a eBay slump.  Some jerseys that I have missed out on that I wish I would have won. And when I miss out on one, I get this stupid depressed feeling.  Why didn't I bid more, that jersey should have been mine, blah...blah...blah.

"My name is Brent and I am a jersey addict." 

That felt so good to admit.

That's what she said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Someone jump in the DeLorean, go to 2019, find the old Dr_Puck from the future, and see if he has any Vancouver jerseys, please. 

I was going to say no Devils jerseys at all but then I remembered FuriousD has a Devs jersey that will eventually make its way into my collection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never speak in absolutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

I never speak in absolutes.

I can only say it about one team. There's no way on earth you will ever see me with a Rangers jersey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mfitz804 said:

I can only say it about one team. There's no way on earth you will ever see me with a Rangers jersey. 

I said the same thing to myself about a Penguins jersey. but I still have a Lemieux.  For me, for the other teams, it's more about the player.  The only pens jerseys I would ever see myself owning are Lemieux or Jagr.  Rangers would have to be a Gretzky or Messier.  It's Jersification at its finest :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

I ship to the UK and that's a pain. 

Doesn't it just make your heart sink when you add up the postage over a 6 month period......

Edited by redwingsdownunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Doesn't it just make your heart sink when you add up the postage over a 6 month period......

Depends how often you buy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, redwingsdownunder said:

It's been a busy year so far

First year always is lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJ Rhea said:

First year always is lol

I wish I could say it was my first year, that may excuse things a bit. It's just been, um, let's say productive in finding a bunch of jerseys on the ever evolving want list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

tumblr_inline_os7zk0jgpn1s9ryn1_540.gif

Everyone knows the dark side is more powerful anyway ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Everyone knows the dark side is more powerful anyway ?

Yup that's why we should still be wearing home whites and our dark jerseys on the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this