Panther's Jerseys

cgy_sabresfan

The Panthers jerseys were unveiled today. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=405636

They aren't that great in my opinion, but they certainly could have been worse.

Brilliant edit:: Fixed your link for you.

I like the blue ones they are similar to Atlanta's old home jerseys.

I like the blue ones they are similar to Atlanta's old home jerseys.

I don't like the jersey itself, but I think the uniform actually looks better now, though in a completely modern way that speaks little of any kind of tradition. I think that's going to be the trend with the new jerseys though. We're not going to love (or even like) many of them because they're not being designed with us in mind. They're not just jerseys anymore. They're a part of the new uniform "system". The new jerseys, with the rest of the uniform, will look good in action, in context, in a slick modern way. The jerseys themselves, as hockey sweaters, will be a bastardization of the term "sweater" and for the most part disappointments.

Get rid of the piping that runs down the sides of the body, front and back, fill in that stupid "logo gap" at the top of the back of the jerseys that interrupt the shoulder color and give me a waist stripe that copies the three color arm stripe and call it a jersey.

A big fat "C". Could have been better.

Get rid of the piping that runs down the sides of the body, front and back, fill in that stupid "logo gap" at the top of the back of the jerseys that interrupt the shoulder color and give me a waist stripe that copies the three color arm stripe and call it a jersey.

A big fat "C". Could have been better.

They did the gap on the NLL jersey's too and it look's bad. Of course they decided to carry it over in hockey as well.

These aren't that bad, seeing the pictures of Horton and Weiss wearing them does make them look a bit better. If I ever decide to get the Bouwmeester jersey I keep thinking about, I won't feel so bad about getting the dark one of the new jerseys.

I think the blue one looks OK and jumps out at you, but those stupid tails! All-around, very average. With that piping, would Bouwmeester fit on the back of the jersey?? ^_^:D

I think the blue one looks OK and jumps out at you, but those stupid tails! All-around, very average. With that piping, would Bouwmeester fit on the back of the jersey?? ^_^:D

After looking at the pics on hfboards, even on the Weiss jersey the piping doesnt reach the top, I guess they caught that one. I honestly didnt think they would.

I don't like the jersey itself, but I think the uniform actually looks better now, though in a completely modern way that speaks little of any kind of tradition. I think that's going to be the trend with the new jerseys though. We're not going to love (or even like) many of them because they're not being designed with us in mind. They're not just jerseys anymore. They're a part of the new uniform "system". The new jerseys, with the rest of the uniform, will look good in action, in context, in a slick modern way. The jerseys themselves, as hockey sweaters, will be a bastardization of the term "sweater" and for the most part disappointments.

Mach- get out of my head!!! That is exactly what I think as well. The new jerseys aren't as bad and as form fitting as we all feared but at the same time, these new jerseys don't seem to inspire the passion that hockey "sweaters" seem to. Of course, this can be a result of history of only seeing the old version of the jerseys, still, I think something has been lost in this redesign.

Looks like the Panthers found some way to make the name fit.

IMG_1340.jpg

Whoa, photographic evidence already! :thumbsup:

Just go over the piping, of course. If Jamie Langenbrunner ever went to the Panthers, it could go from sleeve number to sleeve number. :D

Whoa, photographic evidence already! :thumbsup:

Just go over the piping, of course. If Jamie Langenbrunner ever went to the Panthers, it could go from sleeve number to sleeve number. :D

While this picture isn't hockey, it is kind of funny. Name is so long, that they don't have enough room to put the space in after Van.

capt.67c4a2e29da84624a8ff95c185735f77.pirates_phillies_baseball_pxs103.jpg

I would agree, I think the EDGE jersey got off to a good start with the Caps and Bruins, the whole vertical sleeve styling is getting old already and it clearly looks like RBK is stamping their idea of functionality over form on this new generation of jersey.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from Nathan Horton who had a chat session on the Panthers website.

(7:35pm) Question from Justin from Sault Ste. Marie: What do you think of the new jerseys?

(7:36pm) HORTON: I think they’re good colors. It’s a switch going from the other ones for such a long time. I think they’re nicer. The one I had (tried on at the Reunion Game) was a little bit tight, but it felt lighter.

Quote from Nathan Horton who had a chat session on the Panthers website.

(7:35pm) Question from Justin from Sault Ste. Marie: What do you think of the new jerseys?

(7:36pm) HORTON: I think they’re good colors. It’s a switch going from the other ones for such a long time. I think they’re nicer. The one I had (tried on at the Reunion Game) was a little bit tight, but it felt lighter.

As long as Horton didn't say they were 'restrictive'! I think the players will get used to the new jerseys, not that they have a choice, bwhahaha!