Question re. Alternate Customisers

Besides Exclusive Pro, whom would you reccomend to customise a New Jersey Devils jersey?

Thanks for your reccomendations.

edit - Reebok

Edited by Orion828

Besides Exclusive Pro, whom would you reccomend to customise a New Jersey Devils jersey?

Thanks for your reccomendations.

Why not EPS? They're the actual team customizer.

They're afraid of the big bad NHL coming after them if they put the name "Lucifer" on a Devils jersey, even though this fellow is the mascot:

Eiv3I9i.jpg

Edited by Orion828

If it's a pre-Reebok jersey, you can go with Custom Crafted (the official team customizer, although kinda pricey), or Keener, who does a great job and at a much better price.

Mine is a Reebok unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestions though; it might be useful in the future.

If it's a pre-Reebok jersey, you can go with Custom Crafted (the official team customizer, although kinda pricey), or Keener, who does a great job and at a much better price.

They're afraid of the big bad NHL coming after them if they put the name "Lucifer" on a Devils jersey, even though this fellow is the mascot:

Eiv3I9i.jpg

But they can put "Satan" on a jersey with no problems.

Tell them Lucifer is your last name. They won't deny you again.

I only mentioned the other customizers because there are slight differences in the lettering font between pre-Reebok and Reebok jerseys, and EPS just does all post-1992 Devils jerseys the same (i.e., with the EPS font) regardless of the year. Since you do have a Reebok jersey, you'll actually want the EPS font.

As amusing an idea as this is, the e-mail was concerned with with anything that might deemed unruly, offensive, or anything that defaces the integrity of the league. I can understand the position; that is why I was looking for a company that is not exposed to such a liability.

But they can put "Satan" on a jersey with no problems.
Tell them Lucifer is your last name. They won't deny you again.

Would you say that this is pre- or post-1992?

Brk2VOA.jpg

I only mentioned the other customizers because there are slight differences in the lettering font between pre-Reebok and Reebok jerseys, and EPS just does all post-1992 Devils jerseys the same (i.e., with the EPS font) regardless of the year. Since you do have a Reebok jersey, you'll actually want the EPS font.

Hard to say because those particular letters look basically the same in the Custom Crafted and EPS fonts. If I had to guess, I would say it's pre-EPS because the ends of the "C" look just ever so slightly longer than the EPS ones. But really though, if you're serious about the Lucifer thing, it looks basically the same in both fonts.

LOL, is that really a 666 on that jersey?

Sorry, I misread your question. It's post-1992, but I was trying to differentiate between the EPS and Custom Crafted fonts which came after 1992.

I could go for the pre-1992 font if I had to; I don't mind so long as it looks good overall. Is there anything about the RBK jerseys that warrants the numbers to be sewn on in a special way, or otherwise unsuitable for other numbers besides EPS or Custom Crafted numbers?

Edited by Orion828

I could go for the pre-1992 font if I had to; I don't mind so long as it looks good overall. Is there anything about the RBK jerseys that warrants the numbers to be sewn on in a special way, or otherwise unsuitable for other numbers besides EPS or Custom Crafted numbers?

I may have confused you a bit here. I only mentioned 1992 earlier as a cut-off date because that was when the Devils dropped the green from their jerseys and replaced it with black. Also starting in 1992 the number font changed, so you do NOT want pre-1992 numbers on the Reebok.

There's nothing unusual about the Devils Reebok-era letters or numbers that should prevent someone other than EPS from cutting or stitching them accurately, as long as they have access to the same font information that EPS has. However, this is not the case for quite a few teams in the league, which of course is why we always recommend going with the team customizer in the first place.

I have had one done by IceJerseys, it was a replica and the customizing was "close enough". I wouldn't have them do an authentic, personally.