CJ Matthews

2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎14 at 7:03 AM, tomtucker said:

better numbers yes.....but crosby plays a overall solid game

And don't forget the fact that Crosby had 3 GWG against TB in the East Finals...

I agree with all of you that he didn't clearly win it, but overall I think he was the best player on the ice for his team.

They act as if they hadn't already had both done before the season started. No such thing as too much contingency planning. 

18 hours ago, simpsonsimard said:

And don't forget the fact that Crosby had 3 GWG against TB in the East Finals...

I agree with all of you that he didn't clearly win it, but overall I think he was the best player on the ice for his team.

For sure, and the conn smythe is for the most valuable player in the entire playoffs.........i believe in MLB and NBA, world series/finals MVP trophy is only for the performance in the finals, isn't that right ? 

On 13/6/2016 at 6:04 PM, Hockey Bob said:

Since before Crosby came into the league they've touted him as "The next Gretzky"
The NHL gives the Conn Smythe to anybody else and it is like admitting they might have been slightly off. Never gonna happen 

I'm not saying he sucks, I just wish everybody would stop stroking the guy, it's OK to be a really good player and not have to be predicted as the BEST! 

Years from now this is gonna be called the Crosby era regardless 

If there was a draft for every player in the league right now how many outside of Pittsburgh would choose Crosby with their 1st pick? 

• First rookie to record 100 points and 100 penalty minutes in a season[169]
  • Youngest player to record 100 points in a season (18 years, 253 days)[37]
  • Youngest player to record 200 career points (19 years and 207 days)[170]
  • Youngest player to record 2 consecutive 100-point seasons (19 years, 215 days).
  • Youngest player voted to the starting line-up in an All-Star Game[171]
  • Youngest Art Ross Trophy and Lester B. Pearson Award winner[47]
  • Youngest player to be named to the First All-Star Team [48]
  • Youngest player to lead NHL playoffs in scoring (20 years, 9 months, and 28 days)
  • Youngest NHL captain to win Stanley Cup (21 years, 10 months, and 5 days)
  • Fewest games played by an NHL team's leading scorer (his 66 points in 41 games were the most of any player on the 2010–11 Penguins squad)[81]

besides, he career was derailed and almost cut short due to concussions..........he refused to retire, came back and won another fukking stanley cup, basically telling his haters to eat s*** !

:stickhndl:

Edited by tomtucker

3 hours ago, tomtucker said:

• First rookie to record 100 points and 100 penalty minutes in a season[169]
  • Youngest player to record 100 points in a season (18 years, 253 days)[37]
  • Youngest player to record 200 career points (19 years and 207 days)[170]
  • Youngest player to record 2 consecutive 100-point seasons (19 years, 215 days).
  • Youngest player voted to the starting line-up in an All-Star Game[171]
  • Youngest Art Ross Trophy and Lester B. Pearson Award winner[47]
  • Youngest player to be named to the First All-Star Team [48]
  • Youngest player to lead NHL playoffs in scoring (20 years, 9 months, and 28 days)
  • Youngest NHL captain to win Stanley Cup (21 years, 10 months, and 5 days)
  • Fewest games played by an NHL team's leading scorer (his 66 points in 41 games were the most of any player on the 2010–11 Penguins squad)[81]

besides, he career was derailed and almost cut short due to concussions..........he refused to retire, came back and won another fukking stanley cup, basically telling his haters to eat s*** !

:stickhndl:

You forgot one of his accomplishments

First 28 year old virgin to win a Stanley Cup

22 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

They act as if they hadn't already had both done before the season started. No such thing as too much contingency planning. 

Just for hype factor.  lol :)

6 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

You forgot one of his accomplishments

First 28 year old virgin to win a Stanley Cup

Didn´t Sid use to live at Mario's house ? Pretty sure Mario took care of it...........no, not like that !  get your mind out of the gutter.............! 

Mario hired prostitutes   

:lol:

3 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Didn´t Sid use to live at Mario's house ? Pretty sure Mario took care of it...........no, not like that !  get your mind out of the gutter.............! 

Mario hired prostitutes   

:lol:

Yeah but every time one of them touched him, Sid flopped on the floor and asked for it to be called a penalty. 

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah but every time one of them touched him, Sid flopped on the floor and asked for it to be called a penalty. 

Two minutes in the box is about a minute and a half longer than he would need. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

No, you've got that confused with every time he stubs his toe on everything. In fact, the word "ow" isn't even in his vocabulary. It's replaced with "C'mon ref! Where's the penalty?!"

This Crosby conversation is absurd. How many of you actually watch hockey again?

Mocking Crosby is as American as apple pie, baseball and Cleveland failing to win major sports championships. 

5 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

This Crosby conversation is absurd. How many of you actually watch hockey again?

Don't you realize most, if not all, of us are children?

3 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

Don't you realize most, if not all, of us are children?

My bad. Thanks for the reminder, AF.

Edited by Dr_Puck

9 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Wait, you can watch hockey? I thought it was all about collecting colorful shirts! WTF??

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Wait, you can watch hockey? I thought it was all about collecting colorful shirts! WTF??

I was on my way to a furry fan community when I stopped here first. The always mature banter kept me here.

On 6/19/2016 at 1:31 AM, TheKevinShow said:

Mocking Crosby is as American as apple pie, baseball and Cleveland failing to win major sports championships

WELP

A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. People from Cleveland need something to snap them out of the misery that is their lives. Unfortunately, tonight's delirium will end tomorrow morning when they wake up and realize that they still live in Cleveland. 

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

xxx

AWESOME