2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, HannuVirta said:

What is it about the collar?   The Jets had a foldover collar when they wore this jersey originally.

I don't like how the collar's stripe doesn't come together. But like I said, it's just a small detail and the whole uniform is one of the best we've seen in last years.

4 hours ago, jolmari said:

I don't like how the collar's stripe doesn't come together. But like I said, it's just a small detail and the whole uniform is one of the best we've seen in last years.

Yeh, that's just the nature of the overlap collar...  If they hadn't been accurate and done a straight v-neck, a whole other faction would be up in arms about that.

I'm for historic accuracy in aesthetic and materials and construction if you can. Like having the chain stitch crest and the small patch on the pant really make this whole uni come together.

I wonder if they are going to be true historians and go with a twill nameplate with rounded edges - although I guess I don't know if they also did that in the WHA, but once they hit the NHL they did.

On August 6, 2016 at 6:52 AM, DJ Rhea said:

How is the Jets jersey related to the Atlanta Thrashers?

Same as how the new Ottawa Senators franchise is related to the original one that moved to St.Louis before folding.  Or how the current Vancouver franchise is related to the old Millionaires.  

Its the thing these days.  I don't like it either but whatever.

And I just realized they also sell goalie cuts online too!

However they don't have any goalies I really care to add to my collection

13 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

And I just realized they also sell goalie cuts online too!

However they don't have any goalies I really care to add to my collection

Wait...what? Huh?

3 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Wait...what? Huh?

http://www.truenorthshop.com/heritage-classic/heritage-authentic-pro-jersey.html

One of the options for size is 58GC

Edited by HockeyMusic

Looks like the Blues/Hawks released some images for the Winter Classic today. St.Louis stated this will be their logo.  

Whats interesting is the Hawks appear to be using a more classic indian head design (last time I said "less offensive" it turned into a sh!t show here).  I know one of the complaints were them not using a more classic design for it, will be interesting to see the opinions on it.  (Minus the Hawks playing too many outdoor games)

http://m.thn.com/blog/blues-winter-classic-logo-celebrates-50th-anniversary-blackhawks-also-go-old-school/

Edited by catofadiferntskn

Interested in what the full Blues uniform will look like.  My guess late 80's/early 90's look, which would be awesome.

And yes, NHL needs to move away from putting Chicago in an outdoor game every year.  I know they are popular and all, but this is silly.

I watched the press conference live I was hoping they would have paraded a few players from each team dawning the new design but no , 

1 hour ago, Committed said:

Really looking forward to the design of both sweaters. Is anyone planning on going to the game?

Really looking forward to seeing the Hawks full jersey design. 

I'll be making the trip down 55 from Chicago for the game. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Normally I give minor league teams some leeway but I'm not a fan of the new Cleveland Monsters look:

https://twitter.com/monstershockey/status/763071563721826304/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Agreed, but I do like the logo with the monster just sticking its eyes out of the water. Maybe not for a main crest on a jersey, but it'd be a cool shoulder patch. 

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=890814&navid=DL|SJS|home

Yikes... very minor league stuff from the Sharks.

The new secondary logo is fine, but that "speciality" Los Tiburones jersey? Yikes.

50 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

That "article" makes my brain hurt. I feel like there are several words missing from it. 

Ex) " The new marks will first be used in the Los Tiburones jersey giveaway that all fans in attendance to the Sharks game on October 29, 2016 against the Nashville Predators. "

Translates" "fans at the October 29, 2016 game against the Preds are getting an Arse-ugly jersey".