2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

3 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Out-freaking-standing. FINALLY gamers from the National Women's Hockey League will be available. I've been asking the NHWL for almost two years for gamers without a response. Meigray will now have them: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/MeiGray-Named-Official-Game-Worn-Source-of-the-National-Women-s-Hockey-League.html?soid=1102295443841&aid=VV6EuUcXA30

Thank god! I've had a hard enough time getting under women's shirts for the past few years!

(Giggity)

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings.

3 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Where'd the Kings go?

TeamLA, but their gameworn store hasn't opened yet.

That doesn't surprise me one bit, unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Which teams has Meigray lost in recent years? Just the Leafs that I can think of. Anyone else?

They sold one set of white Leafs jerseys last season.  

On 28/10/2016 at 6:33 PM, Dr_Puck said:

Out-freaking-standing. FINALLY gamers from the National Women's Hockey League will be available. I've been asking the NHWL for almost two years for gamers without a response. Meigray will now have them: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/MeiGray-Named-Official-Game-Worn-Source-of-the-National-Women-s-Hockey-League.html?soid=1102295443841&aid=VV6EuUcXA30

45dadbd9551fa0faa1b84d1023b0b038279608fd

11 hours ago, tcmstr said:

Since it's the only public thing (and therefore, I can post it) so far...

Coming Soon.  

(excuse the terrible crop, I didn't mind my background when taking photo)

Can't wait.

Wow didn't even notice the Kings left Meigray.  Now Meigray is down to 8 teams.

Kind of surprised by that as from what I heard the team and Lombardi in particular had a good relationship with them.  Hell they were the only team that I knew of that had Meigray ads on their boards.  I guess the Kings ownership saw the prices and figured to cut out the middlemen.  Doesn't mean the fans are going to get deals unfortunately.

Honestly, I don't know why all the teams don't do it in-house. Money to be made and I am sure they already have someone in the office who could handle it, it probably wouldn't be very costly.

I guess the storage space could eventually be an issue. 

I nominate Devilsguy to do it for the Devils. Then he can stalk himself and nobody gets arrested. 

The only thing good about this is that we should be able to actually see the gamers in person at the games, to check for wear and other details.  TeamLA won't have the organized database that MeiGray has, but in the past they relied exclusively on Team-issued COA's.  Those COA's used to be pretty good, with list of games played and stats on each of those games.

45 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Wow didn't even notice the Kings left Meigray.  Now Meigray is down to 8 teams.

Kind of surprised by that as from what I heard the team and Lombardi in particular had a good relationship with them.  Hell they were the only team that I knew of that had Meigray ads on their boards.  I guess the Kings ownership saw the prices and figured to cut out the middlemen.  Doesn't mean the fans are going to get deals unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

It's the population reports and transparency that Meigray brings to the table. I know we have photomatching and eagle-eye collectors here who can check for flaws in jerseys. However, those tags bring me great comfort when I'm looking at a jersey. 

Mfitz makes a good point about teams saving money. Still, I buy with confidence from our friends in Branchburg, NJ.

No question about that. 

59 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly, I don't know why all the teams don't do it in-house. Money to be made and I am sure they already have someone in the office who could handle it, it probably wouldn't be very costly.

I guess the storage space could eventually be an issue. 

I nominate Devilsguy to do it for the Devils. Then he can stalk himself and nobody gets arrested. 

It's great for the team, bad for the collectors.

Problem with most teams is that most teams are not like Calgary, Vancouver or even better Winnipeg when it comes to their game worn jersey program.  Most teams treat it like an afterthought *cought*Islanders*cough*Montreal*cough* and usually assign the program details to an intern or someone who has no idea what they are doing.  To do these things right, you need a detail-oriented and organized person to catalog these correctly and provide transparency.  Not only that, but believe it or not if it wasn't for Meigray, teams would be wearing far more sets than they do as it is often Meigray who tells teams to not completely over-do it most times.  No coincidence the moment the Rangers left Meigray they started wearing 5 regular season sets and 2 third jersey sets plus specialty night sets and a new set for every round.  And don't get me started on Beckett with Anaheim and how many sets they issue.

A more recent example of how this can go awry is how Fanatics have been handling the WCOH gamers along with the Heritage Classic gamers where suddenly game issued jerseys are mysteriously changed to "game worn" on their listings.  Do you really want that?  This is a pretty large company royally screwing up tracking jerseys they are marketing.  Can very easily happen to teams who like I said treat these game worn programs like an afterthought.

54 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

It's the population reports and transparency that Meigray brings to the table. I know we have photomatching and eagle-eye collectors here who can check for flaws in jerseys. However, those tags bring me great comfort when I'm looking at a jersey. 

Mfitz makes a good point about teams saving money. Still, I buy with confidence from our friends in Branchburg, NJ.

Bingo.

Look at what the Islanders do.  They sell jerseys with a serial # on them, but there is no readily available population report to tie them too.  From what I have heard, when people ask the team what the number ties to or at least the dates of the use of the jersey the responses have ranged from at best "around this period of time" to "We have no idea."

30 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

It's great for the team, bad for the collectors.

Problem with most teams is that most teams are not like Calgary, Vancouver or even better Winnipeg when it comes to their game worn jersey program.  Most teams treat it like an afterthought *cought*Islanders*cough*Montreal*cough* and usually assign the program details to an intern or someone who has no idea what they are doing.  To do these things right, you need a detail-oriented and organized person to catalog these correctly and provide transparency.  Not only that, but believe it or not if it wasn't for Meigray, teams would be wearing far more sets than they do as it is often Meigray who tells teams to not completely over-do it most times.  No coincidence the moment the Rangers left Meigray they started wearing 5 regular season sets and 2 third jersey sets plus specialty night sets and a new set for every round.  And don't get me started on Beckett with Anaheim and how many sets they issue.

A more recent example of how this can go awry is how Fanatics have been handling the WCOH gamers along with the Heritage Classic gamers where suddenly game issued jerseys are mysteriously changed to "game worn" on their listings.  Do you really want that?  This is a pretty large company royally screwing up tracking jerseys they are marketing.  Can very easily happen to teams who like I said treat these game worn programs like an afterthought.

I have full confidence that you would run the Devils program excellently. You know, other than the jerseys that you snuck out under your coat. " no, I am not  stealing this jersey, I wore this to work today! ". 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have full confidence that you would run the Devils program excellently. You know, other than the jerseys that you snuck out under your coat. " no, I am not  stealing this jersey, I wore this to work today! ". 

If I would run it, I would run it like the guy who does the Winnipeg Jets game worn program.  Their packaging is top notch and their LOA's are awesome with photomatches included and comes in a small diploma-like case.  Pretty cool looking to see.

Also just saw this is my 1,000th post here:)

51 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

If I would run it, I would run it like the guy who does the Winnipeg Jets game worn program.  Their packaging is top notch and their LOA's are awesome with photomatches included and comes in a small diploma-like case.  Pretty cool looking to see.

Also just saw this is my 1,000th post here:)

One of us crazy jersey nuts is probably exactly who they'd need to run it right. People who care WAY too much about jerseys. People who have a certain order their jerseys have to hang in their closet. 

It'd be flawless with one of us in charge. 

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

One of us crazy jersey nuts is probably exactly who they'd need to run it right. People who care WAY too much about jerseys. People who have a certain order their jerseys have to hang in their closet. 

It'd be flawless with one of us in charge. 

Glad to know I'm not the only crazy one here who does this. ?

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Glad to know I'm not the only crazy one here who does this. ?

Pretty sure most of us do that, at a minimum!!!

Wait, what's so crazy about that?   :P