2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penguins warm ups tonight

Cool military jersey. The Flyers wore theirs the other night. Instead of player names on the back they had military buzzwords like Courage, Leadership, Strength, Bravery, etc. Pretty cool. 

CwxEMpAXAAE6eHl?format=jpg

Shame that they were leaked, the original plan was a (joint?) unveiling during last nights game. Which, given how fun the game was to watch, would've been that much more fun.

In any case, this year's WC premiers appear to be better made than the normal premiers. Hawks ones have the ribbed crewneck collar, the stitched tomahawks and more detail stitching in the crest -- not close to Edges or Indos, but still nicer. Still the same premier material though. Those Blues ones look sharp, and the felt is dope.

On 11/9/2016 at 2:09 PM, FrontYardSpecial said:

Went down to the Blues team store to check them out. As expected, they only had premiers. Couldn't tell from the press release photos, but the crests are felt with chain stitching. 

Can you confirm whether or not the patches appeared to be National Emblem made? They won't answer my question as to their source, but they claimed on Twitter the only way to get a jersey with an "Authentic Patch" was through them. If they're not offering Edges (or even Indos), this makes me wonder....

9 hours ago, tcmstr said:

Shame that they were leaked, the original plan was a (joint?) unveiling during last nights game. Which, given how fun the game was to watch, would've been that much more fun.

In any case, this year's WC premiers appear to be better made than the normal premiers. Hawks ones have the ribbed crewneck collar, the stitched tomahawks and more detail stitching in the crest -- not close to Edges or Indos, but still nicer. Still the same premier material though. Those Blues ones look sharp, and the felt is dope.

Can you confirm whether or not the patches appeared to be National Emblem made? They won't answer my question as to their source, but they claimed on Twitter the only way to get a jersey with an "Authentic Patch" was through them. If they're not offering Edges (or even Indos), this makes me wonder....

Therein lies the issue. That material is still crap. They LOOK great though. 

And I love felt crests and felt customization on jerseys, always looks amazing. Not sure if the Blues did felt for the name and numbers, but they should have if not. 

11 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Cool military jersey. The Flyers wore theirs the other night. Instead of player names on the back they had military buzzwords like Courage, Leadership, Strength, Bravery, etc. Pretty cool. 

CwxEMpAXAAE6eHl?format=jpg

That is aces.....great idea for the military theme.

I hope the Leafs do something like that tonight.

49 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

That is aces.....great idea for the military theme.

I hope the Leafs do something like that tonight.

I thought it was awesome.  They even had a military service dog come out to drop the puck! :D

CwyAoDGXAAAGdId.jpg

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I thought it was awesome.  They even had a military service dog come out to drop the puck! :D

It would have been awesome if it was one of those moments where the dog just simply refuses to let go of a toy. 

I guess a military dog has more discipline than that, but still...

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

It would have been awesome if it was one of those moments where the dog just simply refuses to let go of a toy. 

I guess a military dog has more discipline than that, but still...

They did a whole segment on him.  His trainer was working with him for a while to get him to hold onto it and drop it.  He walked out on the mat and dropped it right away.  Good boy :)

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

They did a whole segment on him.  His trainer was working with him for a while to get him to hold onto it and drop it.  He walked out on the mat and dropped it right away.  Good boy :)

That is great, I love it. 

I definitely like the recognition given to the military by the NHL. Devils have a "Local Hero" every game where they put someone on the big screen, review their credentials, which always involve military and usually subsequent law enforcement services. Standing ovation and everyone goes nuts. 

Its important to remember those who do all the things that we need done that most people don't want to be the ones to do. 

58 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

CwyAoDGXAAAGdId.jpg

Wow very cool!

I am going to the HHOF game tonight (Lindros is getting inducted this weekend after all) so I am looking forward to what they are doing for Remembrance day tonight.

On that note, I thought I would share this.  It is a very nice story regarding Canadian vets.

http://globalnews.ca/video/2332239/volunteers-plant-30000-flags-on-lawns-of-sunnybrook-to-honour-veterans

12 hours ago, tcmstr said:

Unfortunately I didn't spend much time inspecting the shoulder patch so I can't confirm. The patch itself was not stitched down, so there's a chance the team store simply heat pressed it themselves. It would also help justify why they are charging $220 while NHL Shop is $180.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Therein lies the issue. That material is still crap. They LOOK great though. 

And I love felt crests and felt customization on jerseys, always looks amazing. Not sure if the Blues did felt for the name and numbers, but they should have if not. 

It's frustrating because the Winter Classic replicas used to be much higher quality. They were 550 cut and used airknit instead of the snag prone Premier fabric. No stupid jock tags either. I'm waiting for the Baron or IceJerseys to get some 2.0s.

Also wanted to add that numbers were indeed felt.

15 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Unfortunately I didn't spend much time inspecting the shoulder patch so I can't confirm. The patch itself was not stitched down, so there's a chance the team store simply heat pressed it themselves. It would also help justify why they are charging $220 while NHL Shop is $180.

It's frustrating because the Winter Classic replicas used to be much higher quality. They were 550 cut and used airknit instead of the snag prone Premier fabric. No stupid jock tags either. I'm waiting for the Baron or IceJerseys to get some 2.0s.

Also wanted to add that numbers were indeed felt.

I remember hearing some people (not here) complaining they didn't like the 550 cut because not only was it baggier, but because it was not the same style/cut as what the players wore and that the premiers were closer to what the players wore on the ice.

19 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

I had a Flyers 2012 WC Premier, and it was all of those things. Much nicer than a typical Premier. Unfortunate that things have changed.

4 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I remember hearing some people (not here) complaining they didn't like the 550 cut because not only was it baggier, but because it was not the same style/cut as what the players wore and that the premiers were closer to what the players wore on the ice.

Those people obviously didn't realize the sharp drop-off in quality going from a 550 to a Premier. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I had a Flyers 2012 WC Premier, and it was all of those things. Much nicer than a typical Premier. Unfortunate that things have changed.

Those people obviously didn't realize the sharp drop-off in quality going from a 550 to a Premier. 

The people who I've heard say these are fans and not jersey collectors, so they really don't care.  I agree the 550's are much better than premiers, but they want the look rather than the feel of them.

To this day I still see fans on Facebook and on forums asking where they can get a Devils retro premier jersey as the replicas are all 550's.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

The people who I've heard say these are fans and not jersey collectors, so they really don't care.  I agree the 550's are much better than premiers, but they want the look rather than the feel of them.

To this day I still see fans on Facebook and on forums asking where they can get a Devils retro premier jersey as the replicas are all 550's.

Judging from the number of Premiers on people at the game when I was there Tuesday, they definitely dropped the ball on that. I think they would have sold a ton of them. The replicas they had at the arena were those "Team Collection" ones, which are not cut the same as a 550, they are too long, almost as bad as a M&N. 

So many Premiers with the in-arena customizing were walking around, I think they'd sell the  red/green like hotcakes. Really crappy, snag prone hotcakes. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Judging from the number of Premiers on people at the game when I was there Tuesday, they definitely dropped the ball on that. I think they would have sold a ton of them. The replicas they had at the arena were those "Team Collection" ones, which are not cut the same as a 550, they are too long, almost as bad as a M&N. 

So many Premiers with the in-arena customizing were walking around, I think they'd sell the  red/green like hotcakes. Really crappy, snag prone hotcakes. 

Yeah those team classics line was cut a weird way and def way too long.   A lot of fans I have met also like the cut of the arms on premiers better too.  They hate the bagginess of the 550 cuts.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

Yeah those team classics line was cut a weird way and def way too long.   A lot of fans I have met also like the cut of the arms on premiers better too.  They hate the bagginess of the 550 cuts.

They need more time in the gym lifting, bro. 

That logic might explain the fact that literally 90% of the red/green jerseys worn at The Rock are fakes, all Kovy, Parise or Marty. 

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That is great, I love it. 

I definitely like the recognition given to the military by the NHL. Devils have a "Local Hero" every game where they put someone on the big screen, review their credentials, which always involve military and usually subsequent law enforcement services. Standing ovation and everyone goes nuts. 

Its important to remember those who do all the things that we need done that most people don't want to be the ones to do. 

Totally agree. The Flyers do the same thing at most, if not all, home games. Huge cheers and roars of recognition. It's very cool and well deserved. 

9 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Flyers wearing a three patch jersey tonight.  I repeat, Flyers wearing three patchy goodness tonight.

Yep. Meigray said that they will be selling the games worn ones at retail and auctioning off the Lindros warm-up retro jerseys.