2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

Just saw the quick video on FB of the Leafs Centennial Classic jersey.  Yeah, it doesn't work.  Sucks too as the Leafs had plenty of nice vintage looks that they haven't brought back to pick from that would be a lot nicer.

The Centennial Classic patch is nice though.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Premiers just went up on NHL.com:

http://shop.nhl.com/Detroit_Red_Wings_Gear/Mens_Detroit_Red_Wings_Henrik_Zetterberg_Reebok_White_2017_Centennial_Classic_Premier_Player_Jersey

http://shop.nhl.com/Toronto_Maple_Leafs_Gear/Mens_Toronto_Maple_Leafs_Auston_Matthews_Reebok_Blue_2017_Centennial_Classic_Premier_Player_Jersey

I am almost hoping that the Baron does not get 2.0s of these, as I may be obligated to get one if he does. Rather disappointing. 

Have to say that at least the Leafs one looks better than the Wings one :( 

Edited by SnakeOiler12

22 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Just saw the quick video on FB of the Leafs Centennial Classic jersey.  Yeah, it doesn't work.  Sucks too as the Leafs had plenty of nice vintage looks that they haven't brought back to pick from that would be a lot nicer.

The Centennial Classic patch is nice though.

Patch_collection on ebay has them.....national emblem ones.....not repros

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391618602146

For the love of god please let the alumni game jerseys be the Arenas ones!!!

Someone better get fired over this....what a ridiculous design decision.  Absolutely nothing from the team history on this.  I don't buy the St. Pats sleeve stripe argument.  Not distinctive enough.

I wonder if the NHL had any influence on this.  I refuse to believe that THIS is what the Maple Leafs Would come up with.  Basically taking another teams design and adding your logo and colour scheme to it.

I like the silver in the Red Wings logo. Its subtle and restrained. The silver stripe on the arms...not so much. Saw the post on puck-daddy and realized I really liked all of the Red Wings outdoor uniforms. 

Maple Leafs jersey is a blatant rip-off of Montreal Canadians and Florida Panthers design. I can't imagine how Leafs fans feel to have a jersey mimic the Habs uniform.  

Not the same template as before but, it just feels like NHL had a hand in this and it wasn't left up to the teams. 

Now I'll go back to patiently waiting for Rangers next outdoor game....

1 hour ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Premiers just went up on NHL.com:

http://shop.nhl.com/Detroit_Red_Wings_Gear/Mens_Detroit_Red_Wings_Henrik_Zetterberg_Reebok_White_2017_Centennial_Classic_Premier_Player_Jersey

http://shop.nhl.com/Toronto_Maple_Leafs_Gear/Mens_Toronto_Maple_Leafs_Auston_Matthews_Reebok_Blue_2017_Centennial_Classic_Premier_Player_Jersey

I am almost hoping that the Baron does not get 2.0s of these, as I may be obligated to get one if he does. Rather disappointing. 

Have to say that at least the Leafs one looks better than the Wings one :( 

I imagine "Please don't stock this jersey" might be a new request for JB.

22 minutes ago, Zeshy25 said:

Maple Leafs jersey is a blatant rip-off of Montreal Canadians and Florida Panthers design. I can't imagine how Leafs fans feel to have a jersey mimic the Habs uniform.  

Exactly how Devils fans feel about any potential 3rd jersey having a diagonal word crest, a la the Rangers. 

I've always wondered what a Devils third jersey would look like. Probably be the same crest with a black background and some changes in striping. 

Would that sell with Devils fan? Are there any other concepts that are popular with Devils fans?

4 minutes ago, Zeshy25 said:

I've always wondered what a Devils third jersey would look like. Probably be the same crest with a black background and some changes in striping. 

Would that sell with Devils fan? Are there any other concepts that are popular with Devils fans?

In my experience, there are three camps:

1) Never change the jerseys ever, we don't need a 3rd jersey. 

2) We already have  a third jersey, the retro jersey we wear one night (now two) a year. 

3) I will take literally any third jersey just to have something different. 

I'm in the third camp. My favorite ideas are a black version of the current jerseys, something like what the River Rats did years ago:

51EE4557-0488-4AF3-A334-8F2038E8C91C_zps

When they first announced the color change, without announcing how it would be implemented, I had a concept exactly like this, but with the "NJ" logo, minus the circle and background, either single layer in red, or stacked red/black/white or some combination thereof. 

I also like the idea of going vintage cream with red, like the 2004 ASG's:

0D5DC2DE-55B1-4D84-AAF4-7503D2F0F01D_zps

Remove the stars, take "Eastern" and change it to "New Jersey", dual NJ crests on the two shoulders, or on one shoulder and a NJ map outline for the other if you want two different. I've suggested this before and other Devils fans dismiss it as being "too Rangers" with the diagonal letters. 

I also like the idea of literally any design that gives me an excuse to buy more jerseys. 

There was the Devils black Starter fashion jersey from the mid to late 90's.  They pop up on eBay here and there.  There were actually two variations of it.  This one and the other one had silver stripes on the bottom and the arm instead of the white and red stripes.

I am in the second camp where the retros are our 3rd jerseys.  I could deal with a white retro added, but to add a completely new jersey is silly.  I think we have one of the sharper looking jerseys in the league, so why mess with it?

s-l300.jpg

I will also add that I have not seen a Devils 3rd jersey concept that I have even remotely liked.  They are all ripping off another jersey from either the Wild and Calgary wordmark 3rds, to the Panthers new jersey, to the Rangers diagonal word crest (the only other team to pull that off successfully were the Pens in the mid 90's) to some abomination that involves the state outline in some way or a skating Devil (a la Lowell Devils).  Our current logo is straight out of 80's goodness with a simple hockey striping pattern.  Couldn't ask for more.

8 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

There was the Devils black Starter fashion jersey from the mid to late 90's.  They pop up on eBay here and there.  There were actually two variations of it.  This one and the other one had silver stripes on the bottom and the arm instead of the white and red stripes.

I am in the second camp where the retros are our 3rd jerseys.  I could deal with a white retro added, but to add a completely new jersey is silly.  I think we have one of the sharper looking jerseys in the league, so why mess with it?

Yes, that one was similar, don't like the red yoke especially. 

To me, adding a third jersey doesn't mess with our existing jerseys, so I don't have an issue with it. My perspective on the third jersey is clearly motivated more by my jersey collecting side than my fan side. 

Speaking of which, anyone got a source on one of those Starter fashion replicas in an XXL?

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes, that one was similar, don't like the red yoke especially. 

To me, adding a third jersey doesn't mess with our existing jerseys, so I don't have an issue with it. My perspective on the third jersey is clearly motivated more by my jersey collecting side than my fan side. 

Speaking of which, anyone got a source on one of those Starter fashion replicas in an XXL?

If the Devils ever do go to a 3rd jersey route, I really really really hope it is not black (even though I know it will be). 

I get that a LOT of teams have done it, but really, we're the Devils black kind of fits.

Unless lava and hellfire are more your style? Some flamin' thirds?

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

If the Devils ever do go to a 3rd jersey route, I really really really hope it is not black (even though I know it will be). 

It's one of only two options the Devils really have and if done right (my money's on a simple conservative red-black color swap) it could work well.

Supposed leaks of the Las Vegas Desert Knights.

IMG_8364.JPG

IMG_8363.JPG

7 minutes ago, HannuVirta said:

Debunked. Those are fan concepts pulled from Dribbble and Icethetics I believe.

You seem to have a lot of inside information about the stuff Reebok is coming out with.  Do you have any info you can share about the Arena's jersey the Leafs have hanging on display in their dressing room?  

35 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

You seem to have a lot of inside information about the stuff Reebok is coming out with.  Do you have any info you can share about the Arena's jersey the Leafs have hanging on display in their dressing room?  

The only thing I can think (read: hope) for is that the Arenas sweater is the St. Pats night special.

I know it doesn't make much sense but you don't see an Edge style St. Pats jersey there do you?

9 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Yeah, that they are not using it in favor of a re-colored Habs/Panthers jersey.

:D