The patch at River City is the correct smaller size for the USA 1996 jersey. Nike teams wore 3" patches and Bauer teams wore the larger 4" size.

Ah-HA! So THAT explains it. I could not, for the life of me, figure out why the patches on Canada's jerseys looked larger than the USA's ones in the final series. I guess I need to remove the patch I have on my Swedish Bauer jersey now since that's a RCS one.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Jagr Game ONe 2000 patch is a self-made printed version. It was from decent photo of the real one. I had to straighten some of the distortion from it not laying flat in photoshop, but I think it turned out well enough.

RCS used to sell both sizes of 1996 World Cup patch but seems to have run out of the larger 4" one used by Canada, Sweden and the Czech Republic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

First time posting but have enjoyed reading and learning. My question is that I have seen two different 2 pts. F.G. patches for the white Canucks Skate Jerseys. I know originals are nearly impossible to find, but does anyone know if the two different white versions were actually worn? Most I see look like this one:

http://nhlpatches.info/patches/VAN/van_2ptsfg.jpg

But I have also seen this one around:

http://nhlpatches.info/wanted_sale/sale/van_2pts-white.jpg

Most of the pics I see have the players wearing the top one...

Thaks for any help.

Any tips on what to look for to avoid fakes?

Thanks.

It's pretty difficult to spot a fake without having a reference -- so Always compare with the pictures at NHLPatches.info. Just have an eye for detail, font thickness, layering issues, etc.

Also for me, if I'm not sure of a particular patch, I'll try to see the others they are selling and find one I know is easier to spot mistakes on. My thinking is if you sell one knockoff patch, then all of the patches you sell are suspect. Also, anything from overseas is normally a red flag.

It's pretty difficult to spot a fake without having a reference -- so Always compare with the pictures at NHLPatches.info. Just have an eye for detail, font thickness, layering issues, etc.

Also for me, if I'm not sure of a particular patch, I'll try to see the others they are selling and find one I know is easier to spot mistakes on. My thinking is if you sell one knockoff patch, then all of the patches you sell are suspect. Also, anything from overseas is normally a red flag.

Thanks for the info. Your post actually relates to my previous post since you mention checking the nhlpatches.info website for accuracy. As per the NHLPatches.info I see that he has two different "2 Pts. F.G." patches in white for the Canucks (see the links in my earlier post). The one on the top seems to be the most common, but I thought I had seen the one on the bottom on some of the jerseys as well.

In regards to an NHL All Star jersey, I'm looking to add a team logo on the shoulder. What size patch should I be looking for? It'll most likely be a size adult medium jersey. Thanks!

The patches are in the 4" range in size. Perhaps up to 5 wide for some of the more horizontal ones. Many of them have had a white border around them to allow for sewing.

Altanhl usually carries the ones it sounds like you are looking for.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...o%3D1&fgtp=

The patches are in the 4" range in size. Perhaps up to 5 wide for some of the more horizontal ones. Many of them have had a white border around them to allow for sewing.

Altanhl usually carries the ones it sounds like you are looking for.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...o%3D1&fgtp=

Yup, about 4" x 4" is right. I just bought a Devils shoulder patch for my 99 All Star Jersey from this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-NHL-...93%3A1|294%3A30

I've searched all over and cannot find it, but does anyone know the dimensions for the Canadian Flag Patch on the 1999 all-star jersey's ???

I'm customizing my 99 all-star with Brodeur and have the Tampa, Devils shoulder patches on the way, but need the right sized Canada Flag. There's quite a few on Ebay, but I want the correct size:

AllStar99.gif

brodeur.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by bpcdev

This is the one you need, with the exaggerated white border. It's 2 3/4" tall and 4 3/4" wide. I got mine from ebay seller altanhl, but their selection of countries seems to have dwindled to some of the more obscure ones now.

2696369570100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

This is the one you need, with the exaggerated white border. It's 2 3/4" tall and 4 3/4" wide. I got mine from ebay seller altanhl, but their selection of countries seems to have dwindled to some of the more obscure ones now.

2696369570100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Thanks Jeff. I was about to order this from rivercitysports, but the $12 S/H kinda put me off!

http://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=33649

Thanks Jeff. I was about to order this from rivercitysports, but the $12 S/H kinda put me off!

http://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=33649

Those guys just do NOT seem to understand that having a set shipping charge to make their life easy is costing them a lot of money in sales. I only order from them at a last resort and have been critical of them on every forum like this I participate in.

Don't get between me and my patches! :skaterblu: Especially with dumb shipping policies!

Looks like they have already made some fake 2009 Stanley Cup Patches

200952021040180.jpg

20095202948823.jpg

I'm still looking for an Avs and Sweden patch to put on the shoulders of a 01 all-star jersey, altanhl seems to be out of both.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm sure we all have our own wish list of jerseys we want for our growing collections. But, what do you really want that seems to be difficult to find no matter how much you check local stores, Craigslist, Ebay, Meigray, online stores, garage sales...ANYTHING trying to find that one piece you want so badly. How long have you been looking? And do you have any out of the ordinary reasons why you can't find it?

My personal MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE list:

1) Any WBS Penguins holiday jerseys, or alternates. These seem to be available only at the jersey auctions the night the players wear them and the winners are picked by the end of the game. The team store does not carry them for retail very frequently either. If they do, it appears to be in limited quantities. Oh, and all the Ebaying in the world has not helped me find one. I did find one a few months back but there was a huge bidding war and I lost; the jersey was worth more than it should be for a blank replica jersey from our inaugural year, IMO. I also recently lost another bidding war for a 2002-2003 alternate.

2) Sidney Crosby 2007 NHL All Star jersey. I have actually found a few on Ebay. I found an authentic one that is a size larger than what I normally take and wouldn't mind picking it up, but the seller has it priced at $487 and I can't afford it. The other ones that seem to be available are autographed and also priced very high. Since 2007 was two years ago, no online stores seem to be carrying them now.

3) Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh jersey. I want a white or a gold/yellow in this one since I have a ton of black jerseys and am trying to branch out. However, a lot of them are fakes and there is no way I'm going to pay for something questionable from Hong Kong. Sorry. I did see a couple white ones but they are autographed and the bidding starts very high (no wonder no one is bidding). The gold ones I am coming up with seem fake.

Allright, who's next?

I've been looking for over a year for a Ducks black Reebok 52 and a Mighty Ducks white CCM 52 but to no avail.

I've been looking for over a year for a Ducks black Reebok 52

Those things disappeared quickly after the Ducks won the Cup. I had to settle for a size 48 and for a big guy like myself, its a tad snug, but it fits. I saw an autographed one appear on EBay several months ago, but that's about it. Good luck on finding it!

As for me, I have a couple...

1.) San Jose Sharks vintage/inaugural season jersey, teal or white, XL or XXL (or even 52). I've seen them appear from time to time, but they are usually the Maskas and I'd like to avoid one of them if at all possible. I've seen it at the HP Pavillion in San Jose and as part of the vintage line, and I've not seen anymore of them. One day...

2.) St. Louis Blues pre-1994 jersey, XL or XXL. I think I'm gonna have to settle for the Maska version on that one myself. I'm hoping that that one comes out in the vintage collection in the next couple of years.

3.) New York Rangers circa 1994 blue jersey, XL or XXL. Basically the style that they won the Cup in, only the blue jersey, I think they retired it in 1997. The Maska jersey was my first jersey years ago and I've always wanted to replace it. I've tried to find the CCM semi-pro, but to no avail.

Unfortunately, I don't have the funding to get any of these jerseys if I happen to see them on EBay. I'm not a fan of the Maska jerseys that were so thin and snagged easily, so I'm trying to avoid one of those if at all possible. It seems like those are all I ever see on EBay. The Starters weren't bad, and I'd consider getting one someday, but personally, the 550s/semi-pro styles are my favorites.

I would love to find a dark Avs Koho 6100 in a size 56 or 58. Been waiting for one to pop up on eBay for a few years now. I'd want to make it into a 2001 Stanley Cup Bourque. Everyone here in Denver has the white ones, I just want to be a little different. There's a seller on eBay right now that has a blank one listed for $119 and he won't budge on the price. That's way too much for a blank IMO.

I'm waiting patiently. You know where to find me if anyone has one they're willing to move!

• TMLFAN locked this topic