The Flyers one is perfect but for the border...you know you can cut the border, right?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to sound like an idiot, but what do you mean by "cut" the border?

The CLOSEST thing I could find is this : Ebay Patch

Compare it to the pic of Lidstrom in his jersey as I linked above: Lidstrom game shot

The outline from the ebay patch is nowhere near the same width.

I guess I could get nuts and have an outline cut and sew the patch onto the outline... and THEN onto the jersey. Not sure if that's what you meant.

The Flyers patch has a black twill border surrounding it. The only difference between that patch and the one on jerseys is the twill border. So I cut the border, and voila, a perfect match.

From the looks of things, I might just have to do something like that. I'm gonna check a few local shops first just to be safe.

Alright Victoria People, or people who are good at finding ECHL patches....... The Victoria Salmon Kings had a Save on Foods patch on the chest an SP patch on the chest, and a Canadian flag on the neck. Where the ###### do i find them?

12072.jpg

1e30beeb74989c05.jpg

I'm looking for the accurate reproduction patches for the 1994 and 1996 Stanley Cup Finals to complete two jerseys I have. I went to Sportsk and found these two which look like they are licensed by the NHL.

1994 Stanley Cup Final

sports-k_2199_37763808.gif

1996 Stanley Cup Final

sports-k_2199_37544153.gif

Are these going to be the best ones I can find?

I'm looking for the accurate reproduction patches for the 1994 and 1996 Stanley Cup Finals to complete two jerseys I have.

Here's a post with some research/info on the various reproductions of the 1994 SC patch.

Here's a post with some research/info on the various reproductions of the 1994 SC patch.

Thanks Akteon,

You always have the best knowledge of everything Rangers. It looks like the Murf and Pat 1994 patches are long gone now but some of the recent reproduction patches out there are now based off of the game worn patches instead of Murf and Pat patch. I just wish the build quality was bit better but these might be the closest I've seen to the actual patch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-NHL-STANLEY-CUP-GAME-JERSEY-PATCH-RANGERS-CANUCKS-/390404594473?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5ae5ed5b29

Personally once I realized that there is no exact match for the 94 SC patch, I decided I'd use the remaining Murf & Pat versions I had, and then just use the National Emblem ones simply because they are at least officially licensed NHL patches.

I get worried with some of the reproduction places that the patch I get won't exactly match what's shown, because I don't think these places have the same quality control.

Personally once I realized that there is no exact match for the 94 SC patch, I decided I'd use the remaining Murf & Pat versions I had, and then just use the National Emblem ones simply because they are at least officially licensed NHL patches.

I get worried with some of the reproduction places that the patch I get won't exactly match what's shown, because I don't think these places have the same quality control.

I worry about the same thing when I'm forced to buy a reproduction patch. I'm going to take a chance on this one and post pics once it gets in. I can already see that the N and L are not joined at the top like the actual patch. Also, the color of the blue for the lettering has always baffled me. On the Karpovtsev game the blue letter looks darker than the one on the Hirsch gamer. And I have seen both colors used on reproduction patches.

I'm surprised no one was bothered by the fact that the Murf & Pat patch has the "Stanley Cup" letters outlined in blue. To me that stands out more than most of the other differences.

Anybody know if it is possible to get a loose Reebok Wordmark patch that are on the new authentics?

I'm surprised no one was bothered by the fact that the Murf & Pat patch has the "Stanley Cup" letters outlined in blue. To me that stands out more than most of the other differences.

And the National Emblem patch is missing the black outline around the orange circle and the ribbons on the side. You figure that a NHL license product would be 99.9% accurate but I doubt the guys at the NHL front office pay as much attention to detail as collectors do. I have to say that looking at the ones that were on the gamers and the amount of detail that is on the Stanley Cup, especially at the top, it has to be one of the best Finals patches every made.

Anybody know if it is possible to get a loose Reebok Wordmark patch that are on the new authentics?

I asked the same question a little higher up on the page (or at least I think we are asking the same question) and I don't think anyone has seen them availible as of yet.

what about the old vector patch? Specifically white with a black vector/border.

I asked the same question a little higher up on the page (or at least I think we are asking the same question) and I don't think anyone has seen them availible as of yet.

The guys at Stitches say the jerseys come that way (obviously), so I doubt there would be patches available. Tell me, when have you ever seen CCM, KOHO, or Vector patches for sale anywhere? You don't. You have to take them off of other jerseys, which is usually a painful process that doesn't always produce great results. I doubt you'll see them.

I could get these patches or embroideries made in El Salvador, so I have to suppose it’s possible to get it done in the US or Canada, too. Here there are shops with their own embroidery machines. They specialize in doing logo and name/initial embroideries on shirts, towels, caps, and uniforms. You just take them a CD or USB memory stick with an image of the design you want done, and give them the dimensions. Sometimes they charge for the artwork set-up; sometimes not. The “Reebok” wordmark would be the easiest and cheapest. The vector would cost more. It’s a function of the complexity, number of color changes, and the stitch count.

Guys - I need someone to measure a 42nd All Star Game (1991 - Chicago Stadium) patch for me. I have what I thought was an authentic patch on a jersey, and just bought what I again thought was an authentic patch for a project, only to find they are different sizes. Is your authentic patch 3.75 inches or 4.375 inches (edge to edge)? Thanks!

• TMLFAN locked this topic