That's it! Want to sell it?

Sorry, that is going on my blank Hawks (to become the 1990-91 Hasek rookie I sold to Tazer19)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the 1990 All Star Game patch...are there any authentics left that anyone has seen, or is that a case of finding the closest possible reproduction?

None of the ones I have ever seen on ebay are even really close.

I bought a blank '90 all-star jersey and stripped the patch to get one. It's easily replaced with a '91 or '93 patch.

Now I just have to find a god dam Penguins jersey to put it on!!

1334002228[/url]' post='91237']

Sorry, that is going on my blank Hawks (to become the 1990-91 Hasek rookie I sold to Tazer19)

Lol - and that's what I need one for - to turn that team-issued Russell (already #34) that I found into a Hasek rookie. In fact - I think you are the one that gave me that idea! thumbsup.gif

So - no one knows where I can find an authentic? The hunt continues...

I bought a blank '90 all-star jersey and stripped the patch to get one. It's easily replaced with a '91 or '93 patch.

Now I just have to find a god dam Penguins jersey to put it on!!

We are talking about the same thing, right? Your comment about "'91 or '93" kind of threw me off a bit...

PGH89%20Coffey%20patch.JPG

These are my two 003-19.jpg

Unfortunately those are not authentic. The key is to look at the red feather. The one I have is like yours - just kind of a white blob in the center of the red feather. The originals have a clear white "vein" in them.

Authentic:14068-1-1.jpg

Other:4add4e3d-1.jpg

Anyone moving an authentic Team Japan jersey?

Check your messages!

We are talking about the same thing, right? Your comment about "'91 or '93" kind of threw me off a bit...

Yes, I took that exact penguins patch off an AS jersey. The void on the AS jersey was then replaced using a '91 hawks (same as above), but could have been a '93 Habs patch as well (unless you're super picky and notice the difference in neck tagging, but that's another story)

OH! Now I understand what you are saying. Sorry, it was early in the morning and my brain wasn't quite working yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Wayne-Gretzky-All-Star-Game-Worn-Jersey-NHL-LOA-/230645022283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b383be4b

Maybe I'll strip this one.... :lol:

Question:

Do replica jerseys from back then have a sewn on patch or would it be an iron-on like they do with jerseys today?

OH! Now I understand what you are saying. Sorry, it was early in the morning and my brain wasn't quite working yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Wayne-Gretzky-All-Star-Game-Worn-Jersey-NHL-LOA-/230645022283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b383be4b

Maybe I'll strip this one.... :lol:

LMFAO

Can I have the Jersey when your done

Unfortunately those are not authentic. The key is to look at the red feather. The one I have is like yours - just kind of a white blob in the center of the red feather. The originals have a clear white "vein" in them.

Authentic:14068-1-1.jpg

Other:4add4e3d-1.jpg

I purshased from Pat & Murps and they told me they were authentics

I purshased from Pat & Murps and they told me they were authentics

Murph says everything he has is authentic - twice I've emailed him before buying ('92 75th and a '93 cup centennial), twice he's told me "Yes, I compared the patch to one I have from a gamer, and it is identical", and twice I've received a replica, and the last one was horribly different. (both purchased a while ago through his site)

He gave me a full refund and apologized, but that's besides the point.

He used to have authentic stuff, but I'm pretty it's all dried up so he's just selling replica crap now, claiming it's authentic.

Lol - and that's what I need one for - to turn that team-issued Russell (already #34) that I found into a Hasek rookie. In fact - I think you are the one that gave me that idea! thumbsup.gif

So - no one knows where I can find an authentic? The hunt continues...

Ah very cool!

Yeah a lot of people tend to forget about Hasek on the Hawks since he was there when Belfour was the next big thing after his stellar 40+ win rookie season and they shipped him to buffalo for Stephane Beauregard

I have to say, that's pretty clever. Nice touch and someone went to some effort to get those made up.

That's probably the only way the Leafs will get a Stanley Cup patch on their jersey anytime soon.....

Lol, that would suck to have a "50th Anniversary (since we last won it)" Cup patch!

• TMLFAN locked this topic