You're talking about this one right?

sBlues3rdcirca2003CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

That is my absolute all-time favorite Blues jersey...especially since I'll probably never find a Rawlings durene 70's version. I had looked for this style for a long time until I just broke down and went for a gamer.

Sweet Jersey. I love the Blues in those old colors. As nice as the new third jersey is, I would have rather seen an edge version of this jersey.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just emailed the eBay seller who I've talked to about this jersey in the past and included links to three recent auctions that ended at 1/4 and a 1/3 of the price I'm offering him for his blank. My fingers are crossed. My offer is very fair, IMO. I'll keep you guys up to date. Keep a good thought for my collection please! :D

...And I'm thinking of making a Sakic instead of a Bourque now, but I've got to get the jersey before I make that decision for sure. First things first. :thumbsup:

No deal again...This is one of those sellers that don't quite get how to move jerseys. He's just as happy leaving it on eBay for another few years so he can make the extra $30 between his asking price and what I'm offering him. We will see what happens in the future. Not quite sure exactly how much I'd like to over pay for a jersey I'd really like to have. Isn't that always the case with jerseys we'd like to have? I guess he has taken my multiple offers as a sign of desperation, and I'd really like to have the jersey he's listing, but I don't have to have it.

Picked this up yesterday at the Blackhawks Convention. No luck on finding a stash of the original WWW patches there, but at least I won't be searching for this one a few years from now.

helsinkipatche.jpg

Hey nice. Are you gonna put it on a jersey or just keep it as is?

By the way, who are they playing out there again? I forget.

Hey nice. Are you gonna put it on a jersey or just keep it as is?

By the way, who are they playing out there again? I forget.

Its most likely going to end up on a jersey at some point. I think its a nice looking patch. I'll keep it as is until I figure out which jersey I want to add it too.

They're playing the Florida Panthers.

i have used bleach on jerseys with good sucess, try a clorox bleach pen or use a q tip, i usually trace around the spot with a candle and this keeps the bleach from spreading , later i use a hair dyer to get the wax out, by the way use a clear candle , for the glue residue i have some sucess using a product called goo gone found at the home depot

I gave the straight bleach a try on a small spot of the white CCM and it didn't work any better than the bleach pens, Rit Whitener & Brightener, or color safe bleach that I had already tried. I gave some "Desolve it" stuff a shot at the glue on the black jersey and that was a no-go too.

Everything worked out in the end though because I ended up following JeffB's advice from another post...take it to a dry cleaners and throw money at it. I had already sunk enough into the jerseys, but I sure wasn't having any luck doing it myself so I went there as a last resort.

When I brought them in they said the black jersey was iffy because they couldn't use anything too harsh on it to prevent fading the color, but the white jersey would probably be ok. I just picked them up and I couldn't believe how good they came out. I don't see any remnants of glue or stains anywhere. The Clorox bleach pen had actually left visible outlines on the CCM sleeves and those came out too.

Lesson learned. If a jersey doesn't come clean in the wash the first time, its going straight to the cleaners. Its well worth the $7. I'm pretty stoked now because the white CCM was one of the jerseys I really wanted but couldn't find, and now I have it. :)

Been chasing a 1991-92 white Gretzky Kings jersey for the better part of the last decade. Has 75th anni NHL logo as well as the Kings 25th anni logo. Lettering and numbering was unique for this one season also.

thb_ahola_la.JPG

I have a Gretzky like that if you havent picked one up yet

Mission Accomplished!

I had a little talk with my man Matt/akteon and he helped me come to the conclusion that I should take advantage of this jersey while it was still there on eBay. In the end, when it comes down to it, it's definitely better to have the jersey and pay just a bit more that you've been used to lately than to not have it at all. This is one of those jerseys that needed a good home anyways. So...here it is.

AvsMaroonKoho.jpg

AvsMaroonKohoback.jpg

Now, I just need to decide if I'm going to make it a Sakic or a Bourque and which patch I'd like to go with as well: the 2001 Stanley Cup patch or the Avs All-Star patch. I'm more than willing to listen to suggestions. I could just find another one too! :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the help Matt!

That's the one you'd been looking for right? I'd go with the Cup patch. Go Satan-Slayers!

That's the jersey I had been looking for for a while. Very happy I finally got one.

And yes...My Avs used to be total Satan slayers! Take THAT Marty! :lol:

Just received my 1993 Stanley Cup Finals patch in the mail not too long ago. Better believe that baby's going on my Kings (soon to be Blake) jersey! Pics most likely tomorrow, even though we all know what the patch looks like :P

Does anybody know if Claude Lemieux played in the "Gretzky Night" game on October 9th, 2002? I really want to get get my black Coyotes customized with Lemieux on the back and thought the "Gretzky Night" patch would make it interesting. However, I don't know if I should do it if he didn't even play in the game. Thoughts?

Always consult Getty! :thumbsup:

16itjs7.jpg

Still trying to track down a Toyota patch from the 2005-2006 Manitoba Moose for my Keane jersey!!!

My wishlist:

1. Rangers TBTC jersey. Saw one WITH TAGS a little while ago, but had already bough my Wendel Clark Leafs TBTC a few days earlier. ###### if only I saw it earlier. :(

2. Pittsburgh Penguins '85 Sunday Game Yellow jersey.

3. SJ Sharks inaugural season jersey. Saw one on eBay once, but it was airknit not ultrafil.

4. Quebec Nordiques jersey. Would love the Sakic 88 jersey, but just any authentic one would own. If I had to choose the non-Sakic 88 it would be a Nords jersey with the Rendezvous '87 patch, or just a Nords jersey in general.

5. Mike Modano 1991 North Stars jersey with the SCF patch on it.

6. Vancouver Canucks either V jersey or late 80s early 90s jersey.

finally

7. Boston Bruins late 80s early 90s (specifically 1988 or 1990 when they went to the Cup finals).s

All authentic.

It's for my Naslund 2002 All-Star jersey. I still need to find the right Canucks shoulder patch though.

Sorry just saw this, but I gave up trying to find mine for my Naslund 2004 ASG jersey. I settled with an off color one that worked great. Ask Brilliant he endured me sending about 4 patches that were all too small.

I have a huge customization project and these are the following patches I'm going to need.

1994 Stanley Cup Finals (It looks like all of them have plastic backings. I would prefer to find one without it and avoid the hassle of removing it)

2 Pts FG (in white for my Canucks Jersey)

Maple Leaf Gardens 65th Anniv.

Colorado Xth Anniv.

NHL 75th Anniv.

Labatt Canada Cup patch (1991 Canada Cup)

9-11 Pentagon Memorial Patch (Capitals)

I think I can get most of these patches from online shops listed by the OP except for the white 2Pts FG patch and the Labatt Canada Cup patch for the 91 Canada cup. Anyone know where would be the best place to obtain most of these patches.

I have a huge customization project and these are the following patches I'm going to need.

1994 Stanley Cup Finals

2 Pts FG (in white for my Canucks Jersey)

Maple Leaf Gardens 65th Anniv.

Colorado Xth Anniv.

NHL 75th Anniv.

Labatt Canada Cup patch (1991 Canada Cup)

9-11 Pentagon Memorial Patch (Capitals)

I think I can get most of these patches from online shops listed by the OP except for the white 2Pts FG patch and the Labatt Canada Cup patch for the 91 Canada cup. Anyone know where would be the best place to obtain most of these patches.

Are you planning on picking any up from rivercitysports? If so, I need a $5 patch from them but don't want to pay the $12 shipping charge for it. If you can pick it up for me I can pay for the patch, the cost to send it to me, and some of your shipping cost. Let me know.

Are you planning on picking any up from rivercitysports? If so, I need a $5 patch from them but don't want to pay the $12 shipping charge for it. If you can pick it up for me I can pay for the patch, the cost to send it to me, and some of your shipping cost. Let me know.

I'm actually thinking of putting in an order to RCS for a jersey and the patches that I can only get from them. Which patch do you need?

I'm actually thinking of putting in an order to RCS for a jersey and the patches that I can only get from them. Which patch do you need?

I need the Florida Panthers 5th anniversary patch

Are there any ebay patch sellers that you guys definitely rely on for patches? I have been searching for older ones on ebay and I am a little hesitant to pull the trigger as I feel most of them are reproductions and not fakes. Or do you guys just buy them from other online patch retailers? Thanks.

Patch Collectibles is legit: http://stores.ebay.com/Patch-Collectibles

(be wary of another seller with a similar name that sells fake patches)

Murf & Pat Denny also legit: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnorthstarfan

Patch Collectibles is legit: http://stores.ebay.com/Patch-Collectibles

(be wary of another seller with a similar name that sells fake patches)

Murf & Pat Denny also legit: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnorthstarfan

Thanks a whole bunch, I'm trying to buy all the patches that I need for the 10+ jerseys I need to customize. I also found to old patches the Capitals wore on their jerseys. I may never use all of them but it would like to have them for my collection.

• TMLFAN locked this topic