I have been looking for that jersey forever. First off, it's a purple and gold Kings jersey which is great in itself BUT it's also a Starter authentic, which is even better!! It's probably not to be though.

Wow, they're Starter jerseys? The jersey look shiny, I bet it's mesh.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I don't know if they were mesh. The Starter Kings jerseys I have are of the tighter air-knit style. That'd be sweet if they were mesh though.

Actually I don't know if they were mesh. The Starter Kings jerseys I have are of the tighter air-knit style. That'd be sweet if they were mesh though.

It looks too shiny to be airknit if you look at the light reflcetion on Dafoe's shoulder.

Yeah I did notice that. I'm not sure...maybe they were mesh. Or maybe there's a lot of water and sweat on his jersey making it look shinier than it really is. All I know is that I WANT THAT JERSEY.

Question: I'm looking to add a World Cup of Hockey patch to my Slovakia Nike jersey. In all the pictures I've seen, the patch was placed right next to the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation patch on the left chest. Thing is though in all the shots I've seen, the patch is pushed over further than mine.

Mine:

onalTeamcirca2002Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

Plus WCoH patch(sorry, link only):

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2734259590033596590wwAwWT

How should I go about removing the patch from my jersey to resew it? It feels like it's glued to the jersey in addition to being sewn so I want to take it off WITHOUT damaging the jersey. HELP.

Question: I'm looking to add a World Cup of Hockey patch to my Slovakia Nike jersey. In all the pictures I've seen, the patch was placed right next to the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation patch on the left chest. Thing is though in all the shots I've seen, the patch is pushed over further than mine.

Mine:

onalTeamcirca2002Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

Plus WCoH patch(sorry, link only):

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2734259590033596590wwAwWT

How should I go about removing the patch from my jersey to resew it? It feels like it's glued to the jersey in addition to being sewn so I want to take it off WITHOUT damaging the jersey. HELP.

Yours doesn't look that much farther over. I'd hope there would be plenty of room for the World Cup patch next to it. Have to tried to "test fit" it yet?

By the way, if you want to link a shot from webshots, in the yellow box next to the photo there is a link called "link to it". Click on that and it will give you five size options and three styles of linking. Select the pixel size you want, say 500, wait for the page to refresh and then copy and paste the "post in a forum" version to get the photo to show up nice and large in your post. Like so...

2734259590033596590S500x500Q85.jpg

That's how I post all my photos here from my collection.

Yours doesn't look that much farther over. I'd hope there would be plenty of room for the World Cup patch next to it. Have to tried to "test fit" it yet?

No, I haven't. I don't have the patch in hand yet. It's still on its way. As for the image, I didn't direct link it because it's not my picture.

I got the patch today:

slovak-vi.jpg

Is that the proper positioning for the patch?

I think that looks pretty good. Some teams ran the patch uphill to the right and others had them sewn on more horizontal. These look pretty horizontal to me.

51254572.jpg51254439.jpg51254165.jpg

Hmmm...those pictures are fairly convincing...the only thing I worry about is the fact that those jerseys are A LOT bigger than mine so there's more room there. I dunno. You think I should leave the Slovak patch where it is?

Hmmm...those pictures are fairly convincing...the only thing I worry about is the fact that those jerseys are A LOT bigger than mine so there's more room there. I dunno. You think I should leave the Slovak patch where it is?

Well, technically I agree that the Federation patch is closer to the neckline, but can you remove it without leaving a scar on the jersey? In a perfect world, yea, it could stand to move over to the neck more.

Actually, I'm facing the same dilemma with my Sweden jersey so I'm curious to know how it works out for you, so I'm going to selfishly say "go for it! You can always sew it right back on again. " and report back your results. :thumbsup:

Actually, I'm facing the same dilemma with my Sweden jersey so I'm curious to know how it works out for you, so I'm going to selfishly say "go for it! You can always sew it right back on again. " and report back your results. :thumbsup:

HA! Well it's nice to know that I'm just your guinea pig over here! Anyway, I think I'm just gonna put the patch on without taking off the Slovak patch. I don't want to mess this jersey up and if I try to take it off then who knows what will happen?

HA! Well it's nice to know that I'm just your guinea pig over here! Anyway, I think I'm just gonna put the patch on without taking off the Slovak patch. I don't want to mess this jersey up and if I try to take it off then who knows what will happen?

C'mon. Go for it. Inquiring minds want to know. :P

Anyone know anywhere that sells these 2 patches:

2451924442_761b6ec5b9_o.jpg

The IIHF one on the Brit, and what I assume is a IIHF 100 years patch on the Dutch guy? We (Britain) had the 100 years on the other side of our jerseys so that's why I'm looking for both of them.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I saw a picture online of the team photo of the 1975 flyers. The were wearing their orange jerseys and they had a black oval patch with a silver stanley cup inside it. Does anyone know at what times did they wear the jerseys with this patch; was it just for the photo? was it other times? did they wear it with their white jerseys?

any information would be appreciated,

will

Anyone know anywhere that sells these 2 patches:

2451924442_761b6ec5b9_o.jpg

The IIHF one on the Brit, and what I assume is a IIHF 100 years patch on the Dutch guy? We (Britain) had the 100 years on the other side of our jerseys so that's why I'm looking for both of them.

Thanks.

Did you have any luck finding an England jersey? My mother was born and raise in the UK and I have dual citizenship between the US and the UK, so I've always wanted to get my hands on a team England jersey or shirt even. You know any places that sell them online?

Anyone know where I could find a Labatt Canada Cup patch? Ebay doesn't seem to have any, River City Sports doesn't carry them, and I don't really know where else to look, being so new to this.

Also, I have a few questions regarding jersey customizing, but I'm really not sure which section to post them in. Should I just PM somebody, or what?

Did you have any luck finding an England jersey? My mother was born and raise in the UK and I have dual citizenship between the US and the UK, so I've always wanted to get my hands on a team England jersey or shirt even. You know any places that sell them online?

Hi Ben, the GB jerseys are available through the supporters club here. I've placed an order myself, but it isn't being placed with the supplier until September, with delivery in mid to late October (EDIT - that'll only apply if you want a customised one, they have some in stock, the list's on that page). Says they'll post worldwide.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Brilliant, that's a great help, and it is indeed a beautiful jersey (if you ever want to sell it... :thumbsup: )

Looks about the same size (height wise) as the Goals For Kids patch, which matches what I've got, so looks like I'm good to go. Just need to find someone to do the needle work now :)

ARGH!! I'm an idiot. I bought a Flyers 25th anniversary patch from RCS.com but failed to recognize that their patches DON'T have the black border around them like the real ones had in 1991-92. This is what I got:

ladelphiaFlyers25thanniversary-vi.jpg

It's not bad looking but it's NOT ACCURATE. I have no one to blame but myself.

• TMLFAN locked this topic