If you are looking for a legit patch, SportsK still has them.

And they also have free shipping for patches...

I don't think they ship to Canada for free. :noway:

I'm going to get another legit one and scan/post it to compair quality. thats what you get for "ten-dollars-made-in-china"

I hate to admit but they did a real nice job on this one compared to the others I saw floating around ebay.

It's harder to spot them now. :(

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get pretty much all my patch's from them and they haven't let me down yet.

my Rendez-Vous 87 patch arrived today from them, and it's great!

Super fast shipping... ordered another from him as well.

Now just waitin for the jersey's to arrive, lol.

my Rendez-Vous 87 patch arrived today from them, and it's great!

Super fast shipping... ordered another from him as well.

Now just waitin for the jersey's to arrive, lol.

His Free shipping is nice but the patches don't come in the official NHL cellophane bags.

I thought it was strange right when I opened the letter. :huh:

*UPDATE* Sportsk DOES ship patches to Canada for free! *UPDATE*

HAPPY TIMES! :lol:

Anywhere to find a 100 year Stanley Cup English patch?

Anywhere to find a 100 year Stanley Cup English patch?

I saw a couple on e-Bay just doing a quick search, although I think they may have been recent reproductions. Also Murf & Pat have them which would more than likely be vintage ones.

vintage would be perfect obviously. I'm a little wary of the quality of the ebay ones. Have you ordered from them?

Murf & Pat are highly respected in the jersey community. I have personally bought patches from them many times as have many other collectors here. Their website is awful (that yellow kills me) but they are the real deal. They also sell on eBay sometimes, but don't always offer everything on eBay they list on their site. Great folks to do business with.

Ordered some patches Akteon from your link. Thanks. Need an opinion on one more patch. I want one of these,but not sure which one looks better. Nerdgirl seems to have a better looking winged wheel while the rest of the patch is not the greatest

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=170377999111&Category=24510&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

Patch crew has one horrible looking winged wheel but the rest of the patch looks pretty nice. Which one would you guys go with?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250625744193&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Neither.

Mine is certainly a reproduction, purchased off of ebay, but at least mine has the right font for the "1".

2455632730100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Neither.

Mine is certainly a reproduction, purchased off of ebay, but at least mine has the right font for the "1".

2455632730100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Where did you find it?

Where did you find it?

Do you remember WHO you bought it from on ebay? The only two I've seen are the two I listed and they certainly don't look that good. :thumbsup:

Jeff, do you remember?

Hi anybody know what kind of stitch to use on the 2010 stanley cup patch? or is it just heat pressed? Right now im watching the interviews of the blackhawks players, it looks like heat pressed. thanks :unsure:

Does anyone know the best place to get a Smitty patch, the Senators wore it in the 1995/1996 season.

smittypatchgw.jpg

The ones on ebay don't seem to have much of a red outline going around the patch and the Y is pretty far off.

ebay.jpg

Jeff, do you remember?

No, I don't. Bought it and forgot it.

I saw a couple on e-Bay just doing a quick search, although I think they may have been recent reproductions. Also Murf & Pat have them which would more than likely be vintage ones.

Got my first order of patches...and I like them. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :thumbsup:

No, I don't. Bought it and forgot it.

That sucks,but thanks for letting me know.

Hi anybody know what kind of stitch to use on the 2010 stanley cup patch? or is it just heat pressed? Right now im watching the interviews of the blackhawks players, it looks like heat pressed. thanks :unsure:

xcdude is right. I went to City Sports Lettering this morning to pick up some patches and they put two on for me right away. Its a ziz-zag stitch that looks a bit tighter than the ones on the sleeve numbers. The patches also have a glue backing and I think they pressed it before sewing.

always zig-zag.

Here's what the 09 cup patch looks like from Sportsk. %100 official legit. Sorry about the size Jeff :)

img015.jpg

"%100 LEGIT PATCH FROM NATIONAL PACK"

So, If you compare the posted pic(page 35 of this thread)of the one I got from "PATCHSTORE" on ebay to this one you will see its fake. A very good fake but a fake none the less. It would be almost impossible to tell to the untrained eye. you have to blow it up just to tell. There are several differences. The most obvious IMO being the cut of the outer twill edge. The fake one from "PATCHSTORE" has less curvy "bumps" while the real ones edges are far more rounded and pronounced. Overall the legit patch has must larger and fatter black lines, cleaner lettering and less stitching errors due to far better quality control.

The only downfall to the legit patch is that ###### STICKY s*** they use to make it stick to the cardboard in the pack. It sticks to everything and can ruin the patch if it got on the front.

Sorry but thumbs down to "PATCHSTORE" guys. -_-

Edited by Thelonious Sphere Monk

• TMLFAN locked this topic