Hey my buddy is a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan, and he asked me where I got some patches, and if I could get him one for his Toews jersey.... a 2010 Stanley Cup Patch, anyways searching on ebay I also found this while looking....

hawks.jpg

compared to this....

cup.jpg

Would you get the Hawks one or just the regular 2010 Finals patch?

Of course I'm gonna show him this and ask him what he wants, but thought I'd get

your guys opinions.... ya it's fake and not what the team wore, but I don't

think his jersey is authentic anyways, and kinda cool looking patch.

He's not a collector or picky, just a big Hawks fan...

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok he already decided he wants just the Stanley Cup patch....

shall I get from Ebay or from SportsK?

http://www.sportsk.com/2010-stanleycup-patch.html

the SportsK one is 100% official right?

Hey my buddy is a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan, and he asked me where I got some patches, and if I could get him one for his Toews jersey.... a 2010 Stanley Cup Patch, anyways searching on ebay I also found this while looking....

hawks.jpg

compared to this....

cup.jpg

Would you get the Hawks one or just the regular 2010 Finals patch?

Of course I'm gonna show him this and ask him what he wants, but thought I'd get

your guys opinions.... ya it's fake and not what the team wore, but I don't

think his jersey is authentic anyways, and kinda cool looking patch.

He's not a collector or picky, just a big Hawks fan...

the bottom patch is the correct patch. the top patch is the one they make AFTER the cup for the fans.

Use SportsK. they come in the real "National" packs.

Ebay is fake-city

will the hawks actually wear that above patch in the 10-11 season?

No, they are made just to commemorate the winning team. They are never worn on the jerseys.

will the hawks actually wear that above patch in the 10-11 season?

no

I bought one of those Final patches to sew on my Hjammer red home jersey. Looks sweet in person. I haven't seen the one with the Hawks logo on it.

I bought one of those Final patches to sew on my Hjammer red home jersey. Looks sweet in person. I haven't seen the one with the Hawks logo on it.

I think they are more collectible driven, maybe for application to those old school varsity jackets and such, not meant for jerseys...although I do think the NHL should consider them for wearing during the banner raising ceremony...just another chance to make some extra bucks, or something along the lines of the opening day gold-lined versions that some baseball teams wear for opening day following a WS championship...

No, they are made just to commemorate the winning team. They are never worn on the jerseys.

You know, it wouldn't be a bad idea if the Stanley Cup winning team got to wear a patch commemorating their victory for the regular season after their cup win. It would look pretty cool on the jerseys and generate some extra cash for the Team in patch and jersey sales. The English Premier league started to do something like this a few years ago. The champion gets to wear gold EPL shoulder patches to distinguish that their are defending champions.

or something along the lines of the opening day gold-lined versions that some baseball teams wear for opening day following a WS championship...

Only the Phils as far as I know. I know the Indians wore patches to commemorate their AL and AL Central titles back in the mid-to-late 90's but other than that, I don't know of any baseball teams wearing carry-over patches like that on their jerseys. Maybe on the BP jerseys but not the game ones.

I think it's a good idea. Only one team in history tried it right? The Flyers were going to use the black patch with the silver cup on it were they not? Before the league nixed it that is?

As I said above, I would prefer the one day deal for the banner ceremony.

I would however support the EPL style, where everyone wears a standard, except the returning champion gets a gold shield. Heck, maybe even the NHL collar shield could be made gold for the returning champs. It'd be subtle, and sure would bring in some extra cash...as well as stock the outlet stores when the season was over...

The 1993 one is probably as close as you can get. Those are tough to find decent and that one isn't too bad.

Here's a Panthers patch:

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=33647

beware RCS's patches, I ordered a bunch from them last year and the majority were reproductions, and most of those were pretty far off.

Im looking for the following. Up until last night I had no idea there was real and fake patches out there. Almost bought a few off ebay. My patches don't have to be 100% authentic I guess but I would atleast like nice replicas. Im new to this game so I dont even know if that's the proper lingo. Thanks.

Looking for 1 or 2 of each

- 2000 Dallas Stars green patch

- 2000 Cup patch

- 1999 Cup patch

- 1992-93 Stanley Cup 100th patch

- 1991-92 NHL 75th anniv patch

- 1991-92 Minnesota North Stars 25th anniv patch

I've bought the Panthers one from RCS and it's pretty good.

FloridaPanthers5thanniversary-vi.jpg

That's where I got mine as well. The only problem with RCS is the amount they charge for shipping.

That's where I got mine as well. The only problem with RCS is the amount they charge for shipping.

I phoned RCS yesterday because they have the Dallas Stars 2000 green patches I need. I wanted to know if their patches have the glue on the back to iron on. The girl said no but maybe some do some dont ? NOt sure. Did yours ? Is the glue better do you think to apply to a jersey or is a sew on just as good/better ?

you should never glue patches

you should never glue patches

Really ? Im new to this so I have no clue on this stuff. I ironed a glued '99 Cup patch to my white Modano a couple years ago. Looks awesome but now Im wishing I didnt do it. Sew ons are better ?

• TMLFAN locked this topic