that's the Red Wings 60th "patch"

You won't find one, those are embroidered right onto the jersey. I have a McEwen gamer of that...

######, thanks though. Although the news of Probert is terrible.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for thoughts/opinions on a patch to buy. Have an ultrafil CCM authentic Chelios jersey and wanted to put on a patch. Debating between a '92 Stanley Cup, NHL 75th Anniversary, or '91 All-Star game.

Also, where to buy them?

The Stanley Cup patches on ebay look nothing like the original

92cup.jpg

although I think the 75th looks pretty good

http://cgi.ebay.com/patch-75th-anniversary-NHL-/320530299573?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa1183ab5#ht_895wt_792

75th.jpg

can't find a good pic of an authentic all-star patch to confirm

http://patchcollection.com/product.php?productid=16609&cat=267&page=1

91aschi.gif

thanks!

My first post and I'm looking for some patch advice. I just bought a pre-RBK white Thrashers jersey from MGG. Plan is to add a name, numbers, 5th Anniversary, and Dan Snyder 37 patches. I have yet to find the 5th Anniversary patch for sale anywhere outside of this board, which I'm checking into. Thanks in advance!

I've found three 37 patches on eBay, including that odd third one.

eBay link

37patch7.jpg

eBay link

37patch9.png

eBay link

37patch12.png

Byron Dafoe as an example.

81443420.jpg

I say #2 looks the best, #1 appears to have an embroidered edge, and the pic looks like it should just be white twill.

Thanks. Now to track down that 5th Anniversary patch.

Anyone help with this patch? can only find the 92 patch on ebay and they don't look like the original. neither national emblem or murf has it.

The Stanley Cup patches on ebay look nothing like the original

92cup.jpg

Odds are you won't find it anywhere unless you pick up a gamer somehow. Certain patches from those eras just aren't available anymore.

what i was hoping wasn't the case. so now it's either a replica patch or none at all...

Odds are you won't find it anywhere unless you pick up a gamer somehow. Certain patches from those eras just aren't available anymore.

This may be a better spot for this...

I picked this up at a Flyers sale over the weekend, and as pointed out in the arrival thread, it's missing two patches I wish to replace. I didn't see them on eBay through a quick search, any advice?

HPIM1656-1.jpg

Thanks guys, I need the hem and the right arm patches.

Anyone got a source for a Legit 92-93 STANLEY CUP 100TH ANNIVERSARY PATCH??

I picture of a Real one I could compair it too would be nice also :)

Unitedpatches on eBay sells reproductions. Their NHL2000 patches are too thin on the numbers.

Murf & Pat appear to have the black NHL2000 patches, you give them a try.

This may be a better spot for this...

I picked this up at a Flyers sale over the weekend, and as pointed out in the arrival thread, it's missing two patches I wish to replace. I didn't see them on eBay through a quick search, any advice?

Thanks guys, I need the hem and the right arm patches.

Hey Johnny Boy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-VANCOUVER-OLYMPICS-TEAM-CANADA-CROSBY-JERSEY-PATCH-/220637366230?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Olympics_Fan_Shop&hash=item335f0307d6

slap that bad boy on the hem.

Anyone got a source for a Legit 92-93 STANLEY CUP 100TH ANNIVERSARY PATCH??

I picture of a Real one I could compair it too would be nice also :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stanley-Cup-100th-Anniversary-1893-1993-AUTHENTIC-Patch-/290445552450?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item439fe76b42

Thanks! I didn't know he single listed one, awesome.

So just to be clear, the jersey's good, just a factory error, right?

That patch kinda looks like a reproduction. I don't think the real ones had that raised edge like that one does. But hey if you don't mind that then go for it.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get the actual patches for the 2002 North American All Star Jersey?...for Lemieux that is...

Are these the ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pittsburgh-Penguins-NHL-Jersey-Shoulder-Patch-Crosby-/170468025356?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27b0afa40c

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130342179860&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Both look good to me - correct sizes etc.

Got two questions for the patch gurus of this site.

Where can I find a NY Islanders 20th Anniversary patch (1991/1992)?

In 1986/1987 did Leafs players wear the King Clany patch AND the Heart and Stroke patch? I can't find a picture with a definitive answer.

All help is much appreciated.

Got two questions for the patch gurus of this site.

Where can I find a NY Islanders 20th Anniversary patch (1991/1992)?

In 1986/1987 did Leafs players wear the King Clany patch AND the Heart and Stroke patch? I can't find a picture with a definitive answer.

All help is much appreciated.

Yes, they wore both on the home (white) jersey. They wore the Clancy patch by itself on the roads.

Need opinions/advice on the 1991 All Star game patch. I picked up two, one from Patch Collection and one from Murf and Pat. Comparing them to the few close-up examples I could find on the web, the Murf patch (which is almost the exact size of a CD) seems the most correct. The biggest differences are the size of the white border, the hair stitching, the lack of a registered tradmark symbol, the missing forhead detail, and the red feather details (colored in solid white instead of white lines). The PatchCollection patch has all the details, but the patch is much smaller and the font size appears to be too small as well.

Does anyone have an original or gamer example of this patch? I know Murf generally has the best when it comes to patches so I was planning on trimming the white border down to about half of what it is now and going with that one.

th_91NHLAllStarcomparison.jpg

th_1991NHLASreferences.jpg

• TMLFAN locked this topic