Here's a solid Oilers one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-Edmonton-Oilers-30th-Anniversary-Patch-2009-/310151922985?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item48367ec529

Use the simple steps of removing the plastic backing which are found on these forums and you'll have the same thing they wore on the ice ready to be sewn on.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a patch that has a flexible backing but isn't a hard plastic nor does it have the warning label on the back, I was wondering if most people leave it attached or remove that as well?

Nah, you should be okay with that. If it bends without snapping, it'll work. Got any shots of it? Because it might just be a glue backing for ironing it on.

Nah, you should be okay with that. If it bends without snapping, it'll work. Got any shots of it? Because it might just be a glue backing for ironing it on.

Actually I already sent it in to IceJerseys to get the jersey customized. Although I think you are right about it being glue, most of the patches I have never had anything on the back. Thanks for your help, I feel a little silly now.

Actually I already sent it in to IceJerseys to get the jersey customized. Although I think you are right about it being glue, most of the patches I have never had anything on the back. Thanks for your help, I feel a little silly now.

More than likely glue - which also means it's more than likely a reproduction patch. As long as you took the time to find a bang on match, it should look great!

I have looking for 3 of these for some time now and i want to know how close are these to the real one?Does it look good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-NASHVILLE-PREDATORS-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-PATCH-/320570016488?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop

I have looking for 3 of these for some time now and i want to know how close are these to the real one?Does it look good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-NASHVILLE-PREDATORS-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-PATCH-/320570016488?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop

Holy crap - there's a ton of people that have been looking for those (myself included). They are definitely going to be reproductions from that seller and the fact that they never seemed to be available for retail in the past.

I still think I'm going to pick one up though. I know I've got some reference pics from a gamer somewhere at home I can compare with, just can't do it right now since I'm at work. I'm normally not a fan of reproductions, but when it's something that is impossible to find outside of a gamer, I'll usually go with it.

Here's a pic from a gamer:

nashville5th.jpg

And here's the reproduction on eBay that LIGHTNING_4 found:

2h2jlag.jpg

It's actually a lot more off than I had hoped. No silver thread, font issues especially on the 1998, a lot of detail just over looked. It's unfortunate - I know there are 4-5 people that have posted in this thread saying they're looking for these.

Wondering what you guys thought of this. I bought the same type from patch collector last year, and wasn't what I was hoping for. How hard is it to find an authentic?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toronto-Maple-Leaf-Gardens-Patch-1931-1999-/230408046039?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop#ht_8212wt_911

Here's a pic from a gamer:

nashville5th.jpg

And here's the reproduction on eBay that LIGHTNING_4 found:

2h2jlag.jpg

It's actually a lot more off than I had hoped. No silver thread, font issues especially on the 1998, a lot of detail just over looked. It's unfortunate - I know there are 4-5 people that have posted in this thread saying they're looking for these.

Talk about night and day!

Finding authentic patches is something I'm not so great at. I am looking for an authentic Joe Sakic night patch. From what I saw on eBay they werent authentic. Any help is very much appreciated.

Finding authentic patches is something I'm not so great at. I am looking for an authentic Joe Sakic night patch. From what I saw on eBay they werent authentic. Any help is very much appreciated.

From what I know, the Sakic night patches never existed in an "official" sense. The Altitude Authentics store in Pepsi Center carried them for a while, and then they disappeared from their site. You may want to contact them and see what they have to say though. (866) 443-4321 or productinfo@altitudeauthentics.com.

And I've seen the patches on eBay and you're making a good call on not buying them on there. I haven't been at all impressed with the Sakic night patches I've seen there.

Here is an authentic Joe Sakic retirement patch,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Joe-Sakic-Retirement-Avalanche-Jersey-Patch-/170395864827

Send him an offer.

$50! :noway:

That's why I said try send him an offer, the worst that can happen is he could say no. He wouldn't have best offer set up if he wouldn't take less then $50.

$50! :noway:

Yeah I think Tyler might be best off by contacting the Altitude store at the Pepsi Center than paying $50 to that seller. But if worse comes to worse at least he has an alternate option.

I offered 14 (1 dollar shipping) was automatically declined. I wouldn't go higher than 25 shipped, so we'll see. Thanks for the help guys!

Burnaby is right. I was just at the Pepsi center last Friday and they had a whole stack of them in their display case. I didn't get a price though. But still, that takes a lot of nerve to put $50 for a patch. Regardless if its the whole "make offer" bit.

Burnaby is right. I was just at the Pepsi center last Friday and they had a whole stack of them in their display case. I didn't get a price though. But still, that takes a lot of nerve to put $50 for a patch. Regardless if its the whole "make offer" bit.

If it is like 15 bucks or whatever, would you mind picking me up one? I would EMT you for it and shipping.

If it is like 15 bucks or whatever, would you mind picking me up one? I would EMT you for it and shipping.

I would in a heartbeat for you. The only problem is that I don't live in Denver anymore, and I was in town from MN visiting friends and family. But, if you need any Wild patches, I would be more then happy to run to the pro-shop and get you a 10th anniversary patch.

• TMLFAN locked this topic