From a few seasons back, Nottingham Panthers 60th Anniversary jersey. Never made a replica so it'd have to be one of the gamers. Not holding my breath ;)

Edit - also an authentic sz 52 Edge San Antonio Rampage, either home or road.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ottawa Senators pre-edge black alternate jersey in size 48, either Koho or Reebok. I think I would prefer a koho so I could do a rookie year Spezza with number 39 and the Roger patch.

and now Mission Impossible 2, a Windsor Spitfire 2001 nike jersey that I would again personalize with Spezza.

Well, I'm looking for a white 1990-1995 Bruins blank jersey size 54 or 56, either Ultrafil or Airknit. Maybe anyone has this one for sale?

Close, I have a size 48 blank. It's airknit bought back in the 92-93 season.

I would love to find a 1992 white all-star jersey, A CCM black Capitals jersey 1999 or earlier, 1989 CCCP world junior championship jersey.

My current jersey "grails" that I'm hunting are:

1994 Eastern All-Star Jersey - I've wanted to make a Richter '94 ASG jersey for a while now. Occasionally I've seen blank Western ASG jerseys from this era but never the Eastern teal style. I don't mind stripping one that's already customized, but most of those are already customized Lemieux or someone like that so they are too expensive to strip (let alone the fact I'd consider it a crime to strip a jersey of a great player like that). Size doesn't matter too much (I'd want 52 or bigger) because frankly I think if I did get one, I'd never wear it and probably just get it framed or display it somehow.

1992 Wales Conference All-Star Jersey - Even harder to find than my other grail above. I'd also like to make this into a Richter. I consider this a pipe dream as once again any I do find are are already customized with Lemieux or someone great like that and waaay out of my price range.

I've been looking for an authentic white Capitals home jersey from the 1997-98 season forever!!! That's about the only one that seems impossible from my want list. If you guys ever see one in a size 48, let me know!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/COLORADO-AVALANCHE-AUT...p3286.m20.l1116

Have you talked to this seller? They have it for $149 which obviously is more than the $119 you mentioned from a different seller, but you could always see if this one will negotiate.

That's actually the same seller. He had it marked down 20% for a few weeks at $119 so it makes ALL KINDS OF SENSE to put the price back up to $149 when nobody bought it when it was $119. I have negociated with him and the lowest he'll go is $115 shipped. I threw all I could at him as far as market value, including an already customized Hejduk in the same style that I won a few years ago for $60. The numbers are even kiss cut on this one. Check it out, it's one of my favorites. I had the patch added later:

Hejduk2001Koho.jpg

Hejduk2001Kohoback.jpg

He's convinced the jerseys are way more popular than they actually are. He said he's "not ready to let it go for a wholesale price yet." He's had that thing listed for well over a year and a half now, so who knows when he'll be "ready", whatever that means. Sellers like him are pretty annoying.

Maybe he'll bite sometime, but until then, while I'd love to have the jersey, I really don't have to have it at a "non-wholesale price." :rolleyes:

I am looking for a Devils 'Christmas Tree' jersey. I have an authentic Niedermayer red jersey in a 52, but a little short on me over the years. Has the 75th Anniversary patch, and the 10th Anniversary Devils patch on the back right. Need to get something in a bigger size to wear. Have one in the red from Dorholt Sports, but the colors are not exact. Looking to see if anyone knows where I can get an authentic one now.

I think that may be a tough one. They are pretty popular. I can't remember the last time I actually saw a blank authentic.

Friend of mine that I go to Devil games with actually found a Shanahan 11 authentic on Ebay. Looks awesome. Can't believe that I missed it, and don't think he paid too much for it either. Looks alot better than the Dorholt version that I got. Green is a very dark green, while the Dorholt is a lighter green. Just doesn't look right.

When you guys talk about "kiss cut" on the numbers, what do you mean? I have a very similar jersey to yours, Burnaby. Are the numbers on mine "kiss cut?"

drury2.jpg

I feel like such a novice right now. :lol:

Kiss cut is basically a reverse cut of the twill layers - sometimes it's called "reverse kiss-cut" which is kinda redundant.

Anywho, in the case of the Avs jerseys you've got a white layer, a blue layer, and a silver layer. In a traditional cut, the white is the smallest layer, the blue is underneath it and is slightly larger so the edge shows, and the silver is larger still so it's edge shows around the blue and it is on the bottom. You end up with 3 layers of twill - so it's not very flexible, and 3 times heavier than a single layer (duh).

So kiss-cut or reverse cut is where the largest layer on the bottom of the stack is the white. The blue layer is next in the stack and exactly the same size, only the center has been cut out (to show the white). The final layer is the silver on top and once again it's outside dimensions are the same as the white, only it's got the center cut out so you can see the white and the blue beneath it. You're left with 3 layers, but the top two are only thin outlines making the whole number lighter and about as flexible as a single layer of twill.

Mike/Brilliant! posted a quick side view pic in another thread illustrating the differences. He used the Flames and the Rangers as examples, even though I don't think either team has used kiss-cut (so don't get hung up on that).

Another way to think about kiss-cut is to think about a sheet of stickers. The top sticky-backed layer his cut, but not all the way through to the bottom waxy layer. When it's cut the blade doesn't cut all the way through, it just "kisses" top layer. Then you peel the sticker off and you can see the shape left in its absence.

Hope that makes sense.

I actually have a game-worn pre-season Christmas jersey for sale if you're interested. HOWEVER, being that it's a pre-season jersey from that era, everything is either screened or heat-sealed on. The jersey still looks great though.

The three layers of twill ordinarily look stacked like a pyramid, but on the reverse kiss-cut version, they go down like a sunken floor. The outer layer is a thin strip that lays on top of the second layer which is a little thicker strip which both lay on the main color piece. It's hard to describe without seeing it.

I actually have a game-worn pre-season Christmas jersey for sale if you're interested. HOWEVER, being that it's a pre-season jersey from that era, everything is either screened or heat-sealed on. The jersey still looks great though.

was that common from that era? never realized that stuff was screened or sealed in the preseason instead of sewn! very interesting!

When you guys talk about "kiss cut" on the numbers, what do you mean? I have a very similar jersey to yours, Burnaby. Are the numbers on mine "kiss cut?"

drury2.jpg

I feel like such a novice right now. :lol:

Great explanations Matt and Mike. And Mike is totally right when he says that it's something you'd need to see to really understand. We do out best in text and images though!

Dr. D...First of all, very sweet jersey. I have a white Drury that's getting customized right now with the 2001 Stanley Cup patch. Looking forward to getting that back. Since you're a "novice" and sound kind of frustrated why don't you just give your Drury to me if it's a size 56. I'd hate to have you all stressed out and everything! :D

In simple terms, just look and see what's on the top layer of the numbers. So, for this particular jersey style: if it's white glacier twill, stacked on blue, stacked on silver, it's not kiss cut. If it's a really thin layer of blue, stacked on white glacier twill, stacked on silver it's kiss cut.

Either way is just fine. Both styles are official. Kiss cut is what the players wear on the ice, but very few people recognize, notice, or even care about the difference (besides us jersey heads here.) It's actually kind of though to find places that will do kiss cut. I know EPS does it upon request. Either way, you have a really nice jersey.

I don't know how common it was but I do know that some teams did do it. I guess it saved them some dough on the jerseys of guys that probably weren't gonna make the team. I know the Rangers used screened on names on nameplates on all their pre-season jerseys. They actually still do that I think.

Either way is just fine. Both styles are official. Kiss cut is what the players wear on the ice, but very few people recognize, notice, or even care about the difference (besides us jersey heads here.) It's actually kind of though to find places that will do kiss cut. I know EPS does it upon request. Either way, you have a really nice jersey.

does every team wear the kiss-cut numbers on the ice?

I don't think they ALL do because some teams have those funky drop shadows and that's pretty tough to make reverse kiss cut. I would be interested to see an official list of which teams do in fact use that style of lettering.

The only teams I have heard that have or still do use kiss-cut are the Avs, the Preds, and the Pens. I'm sure there are others, but it's definitely not too common.

I'm not even that Picky...

I'm just looking for Calgary Flames Jerseys that isn't fake and isnt Iginla, Phaneuf, or Kiprusofff

I love getting my hands on the mid 90s flames jersey regardless of how obscure they are....I somehow got in a bidding war for a RENE CORBET flames jersey, and lost!!

The Grand Rapids Griffins use kiss cut, my almost impossible to find Osgood Griffins RBK 550 replica jersey has kiss cut lettering, I had it done by the guy that used to customize the Griffins jerseys midseason for their emergency transactions and such, so he is able to get the authentic kits.

My impossible jerseys to find are old Seattle Thunderbirds, Medicine Hat Tigers, Brandon Wheat Kings, and a dark Griffins RBK 6100 style jersey. These I can not find.

An addition to my list, and I would be very grateful if someone knew of something, but I love the orange San Diego Gulls jersey that has San Diego written diagonally down the front in size 52 or 54. That's been on my wish list for years.

That is an awesome looking style. It always reminds me of the old NHL All-Star jerseys with the orange and the diagonal. Good stuff.

was that common from that era? never realized that stuff was screened or sealed in the preseason instead of sewn! very interesting!

On a bunch of the old hockey cards I have from the early 90s, I know at least the Sharks and the Rangers did this. The Sharks old preseason jerseys didn't have the fin shoulder patch.

As for the Christmas tree Devils jersey, good luck finding that one. I'd keep an eye on EBay or maybe even try Craigslist as well. That is one sharp looking jersey.

• TMLFAN locked this topic