Friend of mine that I go to Devil games with actually found a Shanahan 11 authentic on Ebay. Looks awesome. Can't believe that I missed it, and don't think he paid too much for it either. Looks alot better than the Dorholt version that I got. Green is a very dark green, while the Dorholt is a lighter green. Just doesn't look right.

Dorholt doesn't sell officially licensed stuff, they are just some guys producing knockoffs. On some of their older vintage Devils jerseys, the logo looked horrible, but they've made it more accurate recently. I still wouldn't buy one though because I'd feel guilty about supporting knockoff-makers.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the M&N throwback version of the Christmas trees jerseys could always work as well if you're having a really tough time finding a vintage authentic. They're pretty high quality and heavy too. I'm happy with mine. It will eventually be a Chico Resch.

83-84DevilsMN.jpg

83-84DevilsMNback.jpg

Where can you buy the authentic 2009 stanley cup finals patch, that is if you can buy it at all....?........what seller on ebay seems to have authentic cup patches, at fair prices?......does anyone know.....

Dunno about eBay, but PatchCollectibles have them, they've always got good press on here.

I'd love to have one of the Latvia or Russia IIHF throwbacks from the world's two years ago. 2004 Eastern Conference All-Star in a 56-58 would be great too, but haven't come across that on ebay yet. Other than that, I'm really after some Central Hockey League shirts. I would love to have one of the yellow Columbus Cottonmouths jerseys that they wore from 97-99 and would gladly take an East or West Central Hockey League All- Star jersey from 98. The only ones made were the game worns, and then each player got an extra authentic.

One of the Russian throw backs would be sweet...I thought someone here bought one although I thought they were quite pricey?

This thread has taken off so much better than I thought it would! Great contributions, everyone. :thumbsup:

Figured I'd expand a little more by asking all of you this. If you found your impossible to find/been looking for it FOREVER jersey, how far would you go to get it?

Would you buy it a size too big or too small (if you prefer to wear your jerseys)?

Would you go a little bit beyond your financial means because the purchase would be that worth it to you? (I'd be likely to charge a jersey to my credit card if I found something I really wanted, and I try not to use my credit card that much.)

If someone was offering your dream jersey for trade, would you give up another one of your top favorites to obtain the piece you've always wanted?

Or would you do something else not suggested in this list?

One of the Russian throw backs would be sweet...I thought someone here bought one although I thought they were quite pricey?

As far as I know, other than Canada and maybe the US, the throwbacks were not made available for retail. I would love to have gotten one to add to my Kovalchuk collection.

my top three:

1. Brian Bradley 1993-94 Lightning with the Italicized font

2. Brian Bradley Lightning Storm authentic

3. Luxembourg national team with the flames

I have an older nike Luxembourg im trying to get rid of if interested... but if youre serious about wanting the one with the Flames.. I can email the captain/manager of the Luxembourg national team, Id be able to get you one..

Hey Everyone,

First time posting but have enjoyed reading and learning. My question is that I have seen two different 2 pts. F.G. patches for the white Canucks Skate Jerseys. I know originals are nearly impossible to find, but does anyone know if the two different white versions were actually worn? Most I see look like this one:

http://nhlpatches.info/patches/VAN/van_2ptsfg.jpg

But I have also seen this one around:

http://nhlpatches.info/wanted_sale/sale/van_2pts-white.jpg

Most of the pics I see have the players wearing the top one...

Thaks for any help.

Anyone know where I can find a good quality 2pts. F.G. patch that is the white one in the image of the first link. I want to turn my vintage Bure jersey into a 1994 Stanley Cup Finals jersey.

As far as I know, other than Canada and maybe the US, the throwbacks were not made available for retail. I would love to have gotten one to add to my Kovalchuk collection.

I loved the throw backs from last years IIHF WC. I was so hyped to collect a bunch of them, only to be disappointed they never went retail except the USA and Canada replica's. It would have been awesome to get an authentic of the Russia, Finland, USA throwbacks.

I loved the throw backs from last years IIHF WC. I was so hyped to collect a bunch of them, only to be disappointed they never went retail except the USA and Canada replica's. It would have been awesome to get an authentic of the Russia, Finland, USA throwbacks.

and slovenia, italy, denmark, latvia.. I loved them all. Thought Italy had the best lookin ones tho..

Worldhockeyjerseys has a Sweden Lundqvist game issued Vintage 2008 jersey.

Would you buy it a size too big or too small (if you prefer to wear your jerseys)?

Would you go a little bit beyond your financial means because the purchase would be that worth it to you? (I'd be likely to charge a jersey to my credit card if I found something I really wanted, and I try not to use my credit card that much.)

If someone was offering your dream jersey for trade, would you give up another one of your top favorites to obtain the piece you've always wanted?

Or would you do something else not suggested in this list?

I might go ONE size too big, but I would never buy anything too small. I definitely like to wear all of my jerseys. There's no way I'm rocking any of 'em, if they're skin tight. I've passed on some that I REALLY wanted for the sole reason that they were too small.

I think I'd consider going a little beyond my financial means...my wife lets me get away with too much. Although, I'm sure I'd be in the "doghouse" for a few days.

I don't think I'd ever give up one of my top favorites. I worked pretty hard and waited a long time to get exactly what I wanted.

I thought they were available at the IIHF official webshop that year?

I thought they were available at the IIHF official webshop that year?

not the throwbacks for every country.. they had atleast 1 jersey from every participating country though I think. No throwbacks.. There is a member on here who got to talk to one of the players from team Italy, and the Players themselves didnt even get to keep the jerseys!

I always seem to have a much harder time finding pictures of what the customization should look like. So annoying.

Well you can always ask here or check out JeffB's collection. Usually a pretty good chance that either he has it or someone here can find what you need if it is an NHL jersey. The International, Minor League, and NCAA jerseys will be a bit tougher.

This thread has taken off so much better than I thought it would! Great contributions, everyone. :thumbsup:

Figured I'd expand a little more by asking all of you this. If you found your impossible to find/been looking for it FOREVER jersey, how far would you go to get it?

Would you buy it a size too big or too small (if you prefer to wear your jerseys)? I bought the old Mighty Ducks third jersey once in a size large, but it drove me so crazy that I had to part ways with it. So I'd have to say no, I'd keep looking until I found the jersey in the size that I want (I'm actually having this problem with a certain hat right now, I bought one off of EBay and I'm waiting to see if its gonna fit...).

Would you go a little bit beyond your financial means because the purchase would be that worth it to you? (I'd be likely to charge a jersey to my credit card if I found something I really wanted, and I try not to use my credit card that much.) Before I got married, yep. I'd be pulling out of my small savings that I had and putting money down on any jersey that I wanted (as a result, I usually had ZERO money saved. Now, I usually give it a run by the wife to see what kind of fight it would cause and how well we are doing moneywise. I gotta focus on my finances first these days, especially since I'm currently unemployed.

If someone was offering your dream jersey for trade, would you give up another one of your top favorites to obtain the piece you've always wanted? Yeah, I would actually consider it. It depends on which one they wanted though.

Or would you do something else not suggested in this list? I prefer the 550 style jerseys more than others, and currently I'm looking at the old Maskas from the early 90s in one particular jersey I want (inaugural Sharks). Recently, I came across a Sharks authentic Edge jersey that was personalized with #20 (Nabokov). It was being auctioned off on EBay by some company that sells jerseys and apparel that didn't make the final cut, to me it sounded like an online Marshall's or some place like that. The shoulder 20 was starting to peel off and it had no nameplate. The starting bid was at 99 cents and I just about put a bid on it when it was at $11.25, about seven hours before the auction ended, but I didn't and it soon shot up in price. I would definitely consider doing something like that again. This particular jersey didn't seem to be a knockoff and I've seen some pretty terrible Sharks knockoffs, so I was willing to give it a go.

Well you can always ask here or check out JeffB's collection. Usually a pretty good chance that either he has it or someone here can find what you need if it is an NHL jersey. The International, Minor League, and NCAA jerseys will be a bit tougher.

Yea that's pretty much the problem I'm having. I'm struggling to find a picture of what a 2004 USA WJC Zach Parise jersey should look like, as well as a black Trenton Titans Scott Bertoli jersey (the one with the logo on it, not the diagonal "Trenton"). I remember Brilliant picking up a game-used Bertoli jersey but it was a white one. I wonder if I can just send a picture of that along with a picture of the black jersey with someone else on it so they can see what colors to use.

Yea that's pretty much the problem I'm having. I'm struggling to find a picture of what a 2004 USA WJC Zach Parise jersey should look like, as well as a black Trenton Titans Scott Bertoli jersey (the one with the logo on it, not the diagonal "Trenton"). I remember Brilliant picking up a game-used Bertoli jersey but it was a white one. I wonder if I can just send a picture of that along with a picture of the black jersey with someone else on it so they can see what colors to use.

Probably depends on where you are sending it but I know with icejerseys that works. When I got my wifes Idaho Steelheads jersey customized, I sent them a picture of the white jersey with the name I wanted and also a picture of the black jersey (the one my wife had) with the colors I wanted and they got it done perfectly.

As for the Parise, check out this link.

Probably depends on where you are sending it but I know with icejerseys that works. When I got my wifes Idaho Steelheads jersey customized, I sent them a picture of the white jersey with the name I wanted and also a picture of the black jersey (the one my wife had) with the colors I wanted and they got it done perfectly.

As for the Parise, check out this link.

Cool, thanks.

Another one to add:

No one seems to like them and yet I cannot find a light blue pre-edge Thrashers jersey anywhere. I'd love a 52 or 54 and would prefer it blank but at this point I'd take almost anything. Thought I had one last year but the guy from eBay never actually sent it.

• TMLFAN locked this topic